Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Falling out between coaches?

Maybe Muzerall is trying to build UND south. Replace current players with UND players and current coaches with UND coaches.

4 players left and 3 were freshman.
    Muzzerall is rebuilding a program and likely making tough decisions which may extend to the coaching staff. Four players leaving is news and have only heard of one UND transfer plus one from Harvard.

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Re: Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    Why leave Ohio State for a lateral move UVM?
    OSU's 2016 NCAA financial report shows the total compensation for their 2 assistant coaches was $124,366 while UVM's 2016 NCAA financial report shows the total compensation for their 2 assist coaches was $145,730. I have no idea what this past year's numbers were, but OSU's assistant comp dropped for 2 straight years while UVM's rose for 3 straight years, so money might have played a part.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials

Matt Desrosiers on recruiting and building a winning program:

http://clarksonathletics.com/service...ip_Program.mp3
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Any news from Penn State? Short List? Seems like it's taking longer than it should........

Quote Originally Posted by hocper View Post
    Any news from Penn State? Short List? Seems like it's taking longer than it should........
    Nothing official from Penn State so far, but nobody else's name has been mentioned for head coach other than Dean Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Nothing official from Penn State so far, but nobody else's name has been mentioned for head coach other than Dean Jackson.
    Well I'd be shocked if they don't give it to Dean and I think Dean will also be shocked if they don't give it to him. Whose name have you heard instead of him? I can't see them hiring any other D3 coach that hasn't won the national championship and I can't see them hiring a D1 assistant that has never been a head coach yet. Who does that leave them with as possible options?

Edit: I misread your post as "somebody else's name." Oops! My apologies. Lol.
    Last edited by shelfit; 05-31-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Well I'd be shocked if they don't give it to Dean and I think Dean will also be shocked if they don't give it to him. Whose name have you heard instead of him? I can't see them hiring any other D3 coach that hasn't won the national championship and I can't see them hiring a D1 assistant that has never been a head coach yet. Who does that leave them with as possible options?
    Heard he's going to Cornell....can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by hocper View Post
    Heard he's going to Cornell....can anyone confirm?
    Confirmed by this release from Cornell. I guess he wasn't the favorite for the permanent PSU gig after all.

Edit: Looking at Cornell's staff, the other assistant is Edith Racine, who was the goalie in Elmira's early-mid 2000s championship runs. He was two years ahead of her class-wise.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 05-31-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Confirmed by this release from Cornell. I guess he wasn't the favorite for the permanent PSU gig after all.

Edit: Looking at Cornell's staff, the other assistant is Edith Racine, who was the goalie in Elmira's early-mid 2000s championship runs. He was two years ahead of her class-wise.
    Wow. Penn State just can't seem to get their s**t together. They have arguably one of the better D1 head coach prospects in the building and let him go to another school as an assistant after obviously hiring him for this role from the beginning. What is the deal - they just come out looking stupid? Why would another prospective head coach fiind this position enticing given the constant mess it has been the last few years? They better come up with a real winner as the next head coach to explain this one.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Wow. Penn State just can't seem to get their s**t together. They have arguably one of the better D1 head coach prospects in the building and let him go to another school as an assistant after obviously hiring him for this role from the beginning. What is the deal - they just come out looking stupid? Why would another prospective head coach fiind this position enticing given the constant mess it has been the last few years? They better come up with a real winner as the next head coach to explain this one.
    Idalski??

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    That's interesting. He's attending the Rush showcase up here in Toronto this weekend and he's still listed under Penn State. Maybe he got tired of waiting for them to make a decision... or he was told flat out that they would only hire someone with D1 head coaching experience?

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    That's interesting. He's attending the Rush showcase up here in Toronto this weekend and he's still listed under Penn State. Maybe he got tired of waiting for them to make a decision... or he was told flat out that they would only hire someone with D1 head coaching experience?
    Either way it makes them look bad. My best guess is it's probably going to be a female.

Really??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Idalski??
    I would think that very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    I would think that very possible.
    That's not the way I would go if I had a better option but who else is available or a possibility?

From all accounts, the players really liked Dean Jackson and his coaching, and were happy to have him behind the bench. This move doesn't make any sense at all unless some superstar coach is coming in. How possible/probable does Brian Idalski look now as a candidate for the head coach job?
    Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 06-01-2017 at 01:18 AM.

The thing is, I've never been impressed with Idalski as a coach. He had three superstar players (the Lamoureuxs and Karvinen) in the program at the same time, which resulted in one outstanding team that got screwed in the seedings and lost in triple overtime. Since then, the program slid downhill and hasn't even made the NCAA tournament. His players were woefully undisciplined. Why anyone would look at his whole record and decide that he's the guy they just have to hire is beyond me.

The only other name I can think of is Idalski's assistant, Peter Elander, unless he's already landed somewhere else. Maybe Elander wants a shot at the head coach position.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    The only other name I can think of is Idalski's assistant, Peter Elander, unless he's already landed somewhere else. Maybe Elander wants a shot at the head coach position.
    As i said before, anyone is a possibility! they have the resources to get anyone they want to leave their current team. Take your pick! I'll bet big money it is a current DI head coach that has been really successful wherever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Case13 View Post
    As i said before, anyone is a possibility! they have the resources to get anyone they want to leave their current team. Take your pick! I'll bet big money it is a current DI head coach that has been really successful wherever they are.
    Or maybe Shannon?! 🤥

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Or maybe Shannon?! ��
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Thread Information