Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Wow. Penn State just can't seem to get their s**t together. They have arguably one of the better D1 head coach prospects in the building and let him go to another school as an assistant after obviously hiring him for this role from the beginning. What is the deal - they just come out looking stupid? Why would another prospective head coach fiind this position enticing given the constant mess it has been the last few years? They better come up with a real winner as the next head coach to explain this one.
    That's interesting. He's attending the Rush showcase up here in Toronto this weekend and he's still listed under Penn State. Maybe he got tired of waiting for them to make a decision... or he was told flat out that they would only hire someone with D1 head coaching experience?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
      That's interesting. He's attending the Rush showcase up here in Toronto this weekend and he's still listed under Penn State. Maybe he got tired of waiting for them to make a decision... or he was told flat out that they would only hire someone with D1 head coaching experience?
      Either way it makes them look bad. My best guess is it's probably going to be a female.

Comment

Re: Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        Idalski??
        I would think that very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          I would think that very possible.
          That's not the way I would go if I had a better option but who else is available or a possibility?

Comment

From all accounts, the players really liked Dean Jackson and his coaching, and were happy to have him behind the bench. This move doesn't make any sense at all unless some superstar coach is coming in. How possible/probable does Brian Idalski look now as a candidate for the head coach job?
            Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 06-01-2017, 01:18 AM.

Comment

The thing is, I've never been impressed with Idalski as a coach. He had three superstar players (the Lamoureuxs and Karvinen) in the program at the same time, which resulted in one outstanding team that got screwed in the seedings and lost in triple overtime. Since then, the program slid downhill and hasn't even made the NCAA tournament. His players were woefully undisciplined. Why anyone would look at his whole record and decide that he's the guy they just have to hire is beyond me.

Comment

The only other name I can think of is Idalski's assistant, Peter Elander, unless he's already landed somewhere else. Maybe Elander wants a shot at the head coach position.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                  The only other name I can think of is Idalski's assistant, Peter Elander, unless he's already landed somewhere else. Maybe Elander wants a shot at the head coach position.
                  As i said before, anyone is a possibility! they have the resources to get anyone they want to leave their current team. Take your pick! I'll bet big money it is a current DI head coach that has been really successful wherever they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Case13 View Post
                    As i said before, anyone is a possibility! they have the resources to get anyone they want to leave their current team. Take your pick! I'll bet big money it is a current DI head coach that has been really successful wherever they are.
                    Or maybe Shannon?! 🤥

Comment

• Re: Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      Or maybe Shannon?! ��
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Princeton HC Jeff Kampersal named HC at Penn State per release from the school.

Princeton University is now on the clock I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Wow. Great opportunity to try something new and get paid handsomely for it. He's not quite as female as I had guessed but at least he's very experienced in the women's game. I would also consider him to be a successful coach so a pretty good pick by Penn State although I do still feel bad for Dean Jackson.

On another coaching note, won't Dartmouth need an interim head coach next year now that Laura Schuler has been named the coach for Team Canada for the 2018 Olympics?
                          Last edited by shelfit; 06-01-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Wow. Excellent coach. More resources for him now should produce a consistent contender.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                              Wow. Excellent coach. More resources for him now should produce a consistent contender.
                              I don't know about excellent, but certainly very competent (had a good team last couple of years as a result of some under-recruited players he got proving out stronger than anticipated which is a credit to him). More importantly for Penn State after the Brandwene fiasco, he has impeccable ethics and credentials and a strong reputation for treating his players well (I've heard "stand up guy" applied to him a lot). This is clearly a result of his connection with the current Penn State men's coach Guy Gadowsky, who came to PS from Princeton as well. Their offices were a floor apart at Baker Rink and they were good friends by accounts I have heard. Will concede that this relieves the potentially bad appearance of the Dean Jackson situation.

Pretty shocked he left Princeton after being a player there and then the women's head coach for 21 years. Figured he was a lifer.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                More importantly for Penn State after the Brandwene fiasco, he has impeccable ethics and credentials and a strong reputation for treating his players well (I've heard "stand up guy" applied to him a lot).
                                That's exactly what Penn State needed. Best of luck to Dean Jackson at Cornell, but I'll take the experience of Jeff Kampersal any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X