Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by BCAlum View Post
    Maybe because she is the new Associate Head Coach at UVM.
    That would explain it! I hadn't seen that announcement. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
      That would explain it! I hadn't seen that announcement. Thanks!
      Why leave Ohio State for a lateral move UVM?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
        Good question. Easier travel schedule? More money? Personality conflict with OSU head coach?

Comment

Falling out between coaches?

Maybe Muzerall is trying to build UND south. Replace current players with UND players and current coaches with UND coaches.

4 players left and 3 were freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by BCAlum View Post
            Maybe because she is the new Associate Head Coach at UVM.
            Where did Kelly Nash go?

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
              Falling out between coaches?

Maybe Muzerall is trying to build UND south. Replace current players with UND players and current coaches with UND coaches.

4 players left and 3 were freshman.
              Muzzerall is rebuilding a program and likely making tough decisions which may extend to the coaching staff. Four players leaving is news and have only heard of one UND transfer plus one from Harvard.

Comment

OSU's 2016 NCAA financial report shows the total compensation for their 2 assistant coaches was $124,366 while UVM's 2016 NCAA financial report shows the total compensation for their 2 assist coaches was $145,730. I have no idea what this past year's numbers were, but OSU's assistant comp dropped for 2 straight years while UVM's rose for 3 straight years, so money might have played a part.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Matt Desrosiers on recruiting and building a winning program:

http://clarksonathletics.com/service...ip_Program.mp3
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Any news from Penn State? Short List? Seems like it's taking longer than it should........

Comment

Originally posted by hocper View Post
                      Any news from Penn State? Short List? Seems like it's taking longer than it should........
                      Nothing official from Penn State so far, but nobody else's name has been mentioned for head coach other than Dean Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                        Nothing official from Penn State so far, but nobody else's name has been mentioned for head coach other than Dean Jackson.
                        Well I'd be shocked if they don't give it to Dean and I think Dean will also be shocked if they don't give it to him. Whose name have you heard instead of him? I can't see them hiring any other D3 coach that hasn't won the national championship and I can't see them hiring a D1 assistant that has never been a head coach yet. Who does that leave them with as possible options?

Edit: I misread your post as "somebody else's name." Oops! My apologies. Lol.
                        Last edited by shelfit; 05-31-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Well I'd be shocked if they don't give it to Dean and I think Dean will also be shocked if they don't give it to him. Whose name have you heard instead of him? I can't see them hiring any other D3 coach that hasn't won the national championship and I can't see them hiring a D1 assistant that has never been a head coach yet. Who does that leave them with as possible options?
                          Heard he's going to Cornell....can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by hocper View Post
                            Heard he's going to Cornell....can anyone confirm?
                            Confirmed by this release from Cornell. I guess he wasn't the favorite for the permanent PSU gig after all.

Edit: Looking at Cornell's staff, the other assistant is Edith Racine, who was the goalie in Elmira's early-mid 2000s championship runs. He was two years ahead of her class-wise.
                            Last edited by Scott_TG; 05-31-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              Confirmed by this release from Cornell. I guess he wasn't the favorite for the permanent PSU gig after all.

Edit: Looking at Cornell's staff, the other assistant is Edith Racine, who was the goalie in Elmira's early-mid 2000s championship runs. He was two years ahead of her class-wise.
                              Wow. Penn State just can't seem to get their s**t together. They have arguably one of the better D1 head coach prospects in the building and let him go to another school as an assistant after obviously hiring him for this role from the beginning. What is the deal - they just come out looking stupid? Why would another prospective head coach fiind this position enticing given the constant mess it has been the last few years? They better come up with a real winner as the next head coach to explain this one.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                Wow. Penn State just can't seem to get their s**t together. They have arguably one of the better D1 head coach prospects in the building and let him go to another school as an assistant after obviously hiring him for this role from the beginning. What is the deal - they just come out looking stupid? Why would another prospective head coach fiind this position enticing given the constant mess it has been the last few years? They better come up with a real winner as the next head coach to explain this one.
                                Idalski??

Comment

Working...
                                X