Yale 2017 Off-Season thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale 2017 Off-Season thread.

Yale's new incoming class. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20170622wl71px
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

CLASS OF 2021 YALE HOCKEY ROSTER
      NAME POS. HT. WT. HOMETOWN/PREVIOUS TEAM
      Brett Jewell F 6-2 195 Vernon, BC/Merritt Centennials (BCHL)
      Phil Kemp D 6-3 200 Greenwich, CT/U.S. National U18 Team
      Nicholas MacNab G 6-2 185 Indianapolis, IN/Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)
      Brian Matthews D 6-0 195 Marshfield, MA/Omaha Lancers (USHL)
      Kevin O’Neil F 5-11 175 Latham, NY/Fargo Force (USHL)
      Dante Palecco F 5-11 185 Whippany, NJ/Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
      Tyler Welsh F 5-9 165 Whistler, BC/Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)

Some nice size among the D-Men and goalie, lets hope the skill level is there. Kemp was drafted in the 7th round of this years draft, so I guess he could be called the pick of the litter. The forwards junior numbers are nothing to write home about, lets hope there is a diamond amongst them, as Yale can certainly use a finisher with the loss of Hayden. Having Harvard early in the schedule will certainly be a good litmus test. Macnabs junior numbers were average, so will Tucker be the starting goalie this year? It seemed Allain stuck with him last year, but his play was also average at best. We will see.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        CLASS OF 2021 YALE HOCKEY ROSTER
        NAME POS. HT. WT. HOMETOWN/PREVIOUS TEAM
        Brett Jewell F 6-2 195 Vernon, BC/Merritt Centennials (BCHL)
        Phil Kemp D 6-3 200 Greenwich, CT/U.S. National U18 Team
        Nicholas MacNab G 6-2 185 Indianapolis, IN/Des Moines Buccaneers (USHL)
        Brian Matthews D 6-0 195 Marshfield, MA/Omaha Lancers (USHL)
        Kevin O’Neil F 5-11 175 Latham, NY/Fargo Force (USHL)
        Dante Palecco F 5-11 185 Whippany, NJ/Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
        Tyler Welsh F 5-9 165 Whistler, BC/Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)

Some nice size among the D-Men and goalie, lets hope the skill level is there. Kemp was drafted in the 7th round of this years draft, so I guess he could be called the pick of the litter. The forwards junior numbers are nothing to write home about, lets hope there is a diamond amongst them, as Yale can certainly use a finisher with the loss of Hayden. Having Harvard early in the schedule will certainly be a good litmus test. Macnabs junior numbers were average, so will Tucker be the starting goalie this year? It seemed Allain stuck with him last year, but his play was also average at best. We will see.
        If there is a diamond-in-the-rough there I’ld go with Kevin O’Neil who BTW is in CBJ’s Dev. Camp......Snively at NYR’s. Hey, Kevin’s from Albany Academy so I have to go with him
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/201...cruiting-class

Kemp leads Yale hockey recruiting class

Comment

Snively invited to the Rangers development camp, Luke Stevens to Carolinas camp,DiChiara to Montreals camp and O'Neil to Columbus.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

St. Ivany is in Anaheim’s Camp LT.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                St. Ivany is in Anaheim’s Camp LT.
                Thanks Turk
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

2017-2018 schedule

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20170707gng05p

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Four interesting non-league contests are at home this winter, including Arizona State's first visit to Ingalls Rink. That's one of the significant aspects of the 2017-18 Yale men's hockey schedule that was released today.

The Bulldogs, who begin official practice on Oct. 6, have two warm-up dates before beginning the regular season. Yale hosts Western Ontario on Oct. 13 in an exhibition and then has a pair of Ivy rivals from Rhode Island and New Jersey in for a scrimmage eight days later.

A big change for the Blue this year is opening the regular season with a home-and-home series against Brown. That set has been played in January the last few years but moves up to Oct. 27-28 this fall.

The Bulldogs are spending a few days between Christmas and New Year's in Hanover, N.H., and skating at Thompson Arena, but they are not playing the Big Green. Yale makes its debut in Dartmouth's Ledyard Classic with late afternoon games against Minnesota-Duluth and New Hampshire on Dec. 29-30.

The Elis are co-hosting the 2018 NCAA East Regional at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport. They skate at the arena against Sacred Heart a few months earlier in Yale's only non-league, in-state appearance outside the Whale.

Comment

Re: 2017-2018 schedule

Yale thorn in side Kyle Hayton transferring to Wisconsin.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale thorn in side Kyle Hayton transferring to Wisconsin.
                      I'm picking us to finish 10-12th next year. While no one knows the exact story of "why" Kyle is leaving........the rumors coming out are not good one's. Worst rumors are it's the tip of an iceberg and that there is a lot of unrest and there will be more roster turnover. Sad when arguably the best goalie in school history leaves in his senior year. Don't ever remember anything this bad happening in my time following the Saints. Pretty certain he is going to school this summer to graduate early and transfer as a grad student without having to sit out a year. Interestingly enough.....we play two games at Wisconsin this year.
                      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                        I'm picking us to finish 10-12th next year. While no one knows the exact story of "why" Kyle is leaving........the rumors coming out are not good one's. Worst rumors are it's the tip of an iceberg and that there is a lot of unrest and there will be more roster turnover. Sad when arguably the best goalie in school history leaves in his senior year. Don't ever remember anything this bad happening in my time following the Saints. Pretty certain he is going to school this summer to graduate early and transfer as a grad student without having to sit out a year. Interestingly enough.....we play two games at Wisconsin this year.
                        Although this will make games against SLU easier for Yale, it is not only bad for your team it is bad for the ECAC. You can only hope that the reason is not the Coach considering the risk SLU took for giving him another chance at the D-1 level. You also better hope Hayton flunks Calc3 this summer, lol.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Although this will make games against SLU easier for Yale, it is not only bad for your team it is bad for the ECAC. You can only hope that the reason is not the Coach considering the risk SLU took for giving him another chance at the D-1 level. You also better hope Hayton flunks Calc3 this summer, lol.
                          The belief is that KH is gone, regardless whether he leaves as a grad student or leaves and sits the year. Nothing concrete on that, just that seems to be the feeling from what I've heard. The bridge wasn't just burned, it was sent downriver in the 100 year flood.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            The belief is that KH is gone, regardless whether he leaves as a grad student or leaves and sits the year. Nothing concrete on that, just that seems to be the feeling from what I've heard. The bridge wasn't just burned, it was sent downriver in the 100 year flood.
                            His a$s is Grasse?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              I find it pretty ironic about the lack of respect he is getting on the Wisconsin thread. That team is just coming back and they are getting choosy about a gift of a goalie. I understand some trepidation, but he is not an unproven rookie. Good luck to him.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Former Yale Assistant Coach Dan Muse hired as an Assistant Coach for the Nashville Predators.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X