Yale 2017 Off-Season thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale 2017 Off-Season thread.

A little earlier than usual. Unlike other off season threads we will NOT have a separate recruit thread.

It looks like Hayden will be going straight to Chicago to practice with the NHL club and rumour has it that he will play Thursday "if ready".

Good luck to all of the departing seniors.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: Yale 2017 Off-Season thread.

2017 -18 Yale mens hockey what I have so far
    Nov 3@Harvard
    4@Dartmouth
    10 SLU
    11 Clarkson
    17@Princeton
    18@Quinnipiac
    Dec 1@RPI
    2@Union
    Jan 12 Cornell
    13 Colgate
    19 Union
    20 RPI
    26@Clarkson
    27@SLU
    Feb 9 Quinnipiac
    10 Princeton
    16@Colgate
    17@Cornell
    23 Dartmouth
    24 Harvard

Brown Home and Home TBA
    5 Non-Conference
    2 games Dartmouth Tournament
    1 Canadian University Exhibition

Comment

Originally posted by electpuck View Post
      2017 -18 Yale mens hockey what I have so far
      Nov 3@Harvard
      4@Dartmouth
      10 SLU
      11 Clarkson
      17@Princeton
      18@Quinnipiac
      Dec 1@RPI
      2@Union
      Jan 12 Cornell
      13 Colgate
      19 Union
      20 RPI
      26@Clarkson
      27@SLU
      Feb 9 Quinnipiac
      10 Princeton
      16@Colgate
      17@Cornell
      23 Dartmouth
      24 Harvard

Brown Home and Home TBA
      5 Non-Conference
      2 games Dartmouth Tournament
      1 Canadian University Exhibition
      Seems unusual to open and close with Harvard. A good November (and early December) is almost a must.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
        Seems unusual to open and close with Harvard. A good November (and early December) is almost a must.
        From New Haven Register hockey reporter Chip Malafronte today. Yale hockey non-league games next year: home vs UNH, UMass, ASU (2), vs Sacred Heart in Bridgeport; vs. Duluth and UNH at Dartmouth tourney
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

John Hayden starting at right wing on the Blackhawks first line tonight. You can watch the game on yahoo sports. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/live-video/
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Mike Doherty earns an ATO with the AHL Providence Bruins. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20170317iy1p52
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

John Hayden scores first NHL goal

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video...096/c-50509903

Comment

Nice goal by Hayden! Leaving Yale to play on a line with Toews, must be the luckiest young man in the world.

Comment

Pretty goal and an even prettier assist.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Pretty goal and an even prettier assist.
                    That backhand saucer just over Hunwick's stick (no way he could have read/prevented that ,outside of letting Toews shoot)

When I said about Hayden playing on a line with Toews, in no way is that a slight on Snively who I think is terrific!

Comment

Two more assists and 7 hits for Hayden last night. He is giving Quenville a reason to keep him around.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20170331fyi45g

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – His teammates voted him the squad's best passer the last two seasons. Yesterday they selected him to be the 2017-18 team captain. Ryan Hitchcock, a forward from Manhassett, N.Y., will be assisting Yale Hockey teammates more than ever.

"I can truly say this is the greatest honor I have ever received. To be part of such an illustrious group of men is a truly unbelievable, and I won't take a day of it for granted," said Hitchcock, who has earned a varsity letter all three seasons at Yale. "To have my best friends and peers make this vote of confidence in me means everything."

Comment

John Hayden on NBC today, also hopefully get to see Kenny Agostino suit up for the Blues after a much deserved call up.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...36?referrer_id

Before Keith Allain returned to the campus of Yale University to take over as head coach of his alma mater in 2006, the nation’s oldest intercollegiate ice hockey program had never won a national championship.

The Bulldogs had reached one Frozen Four (1952), and had made just two appearances in the NCAA tournament (’52 and 1998).

Not much to show for a program that traces its history back to 1893.

But Allain, who tended goal at Yale from 1976-80 and served as an assistant coach to the legendary Tim Taylor from 1982-85, has successfully altered the culture and mindset there and in the process, transformed the program into a perennial contender.

Comment

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20170414ocl9ee

GLENVIEW, Ill. – The American Hockey League announced Friday that Chicago Wolves left wing and former Yale star Kenny Agostino has won the Les Cunningham Award as the league's Most Valuable Player for the 2016-17 season.

A third-year professional, Agostino has spent the majority of the season leading the AHL in scoring by a substantial margin. With 24 goals and 59 assists for 83 points entering the final two days of the regular season, he holds a 16-point lead on the league's No. 2 scorer. He also leads the AHL in assists by 11 helpers.

"I'm very honored to receive this award," Agostino said. "I've been the beneficiary of playing with great players and for an unbelievable coaching staff."

The 24-year-old becomes the third Chicago Wolves player to earn the Les Cunningham Award – joining center Jason Krog (2007-08) and right wing Darren Haydar (2006-07). Coaches, players and media members from all 30 AHL markets voted on the award.

Comment

Working...
                              X