• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
    UNH
    Umile, Richard C
    HEAD HOCKEY COACH

This is from UNH salary. I do not think he makes the difference from hockey camps etc to get to 457000+.
    Deferred comp, mandatory retirement withdrawals and probably Social Security given his age. He's been flooded by AARP mailers for years.
    Last edited by NCAA watcher; 04-18-2017, 12:58 PM.
    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017 Off-season: The Clash Question

He had deferred comp on his post U-Mass contract when he received large sum to be highest paid at UNH one year (5 years deferred comp), but I do not believe he has deferred comp as it would show up on the schedule as it is paid.

Comment

UNH will host the Northeast Regionals in Manchester 2019 (and I hope we will be there!!!)
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Mike Souza will not be the youngest NCAA Head Coach when hired next year. Northern Michigan just hired Ryan Potunly, born in 1980, a year and a half younger than Souza.

Potulny has been an assistant at Minnesota for 8 years, and served as USA's assistant at 2 WJC championships. He recruited two Minnesota teams that went to the Final Four. As Northern Michigan has a somewhat similar footprint to UNH (former hockey power, not in a major city, recruit from BCHL) I will be interested to see how Potulny does.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
            UNH
            Umile, Richard C
            HEAD HOCKEY COACH

This is from UNH salary schedule for year ending June 2016. I do not think he makes the difference from hockey camps etc to get to 457000+.
            UNH1932
            This is what I have always seen reported as his salary. Until recently he had been the highest paid State employee. Hard to imagine that he has 200,000+ in camp and endorsement fees. also, he would be a fool to take his SS before age 70 and certainly his adviser told him that. I'm not questioning the authenticity, but can't imagine where the extra is coming from.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              Mike Souza will not be the youngest NCAA Head Coach when hired next year. Northern Michigan just hired Ryan Potunly, born in 1980, a year and a half younger than Souza.

Potulny has been an assistant at Minnesota for 8 years, and served as USA's assistant at 2 WJC championships. He recruited two Minnesota teams that went to the Final Four. As Northern Michigan has a somewhat similar footprint to UNH (former hockey power, not in a major city, recruit from BCHL) I will be interested to see how Potulny does.
              And, arguably Potulny's goal in the 2002 NC game was more important than any of Souza's post-season goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                And, arguably Potulny's goal in the 2002 NC game was more important than any of Souza's post-season goals.
                I left out playing career, which is pretty irrelvant to coaching ability -- otherwise Shawn Walsh would be the worst coach ever.

I'd put Souza's 99 Final goal up there, along with his assist on Mowers' 98 shortie vs. BU.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  I left out playing career, which is pretty irrelvant to coaching ability -- otherwise Shawn Walsh would be the worst coach ever.

I'd put Souza's 99 Final goal up there, along with his assist on Mowers' 98 shortie vs. BU.
                  Oh, I realize that. But, having some of one's own highlight film as a player should help with recruiting, at least if your name is not Shawn Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                    UNH
                    Umile, Richard C
                    HEAD HOCKEY COACH

This is from UNH salary schedule for year ending June 2016. I do not think he makes the difference from hockey camps etc to get to 457000+.
                    I'm afraid to ask what the "1.00" stands for. Hopefully it's not his old UNH GPA.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Oh, I realize that. But, having some of one's own highlight film as a player should help with recruiting, at least if your name is not Shawn Walsh.
                    Yeah, but Walshy had lots of innovative recruiting *ideas* that covered for his lack of a personal highlight reel.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      I'm afraid to ask what the "1.00" stands for. Hopefully it's not his old UNH GPA.
                      1.00 = one full year, I think, as in 12 months, no vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        1.00 = one full year, I think, as in 12 months, no vacations.
                        October/November/December/January/February/March/October/November/December/January/February/March

Makes perfect sense.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          October/November/December/January/February/March/October/November/December/January/February/March

Makes perfect sense.
                          So, two more seasons, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019? How does Souza feel about this revelation?

Comment

"UNH Captain's Corner: Reflections on the 2016-17 Season"
                            Interview with Matias Cleland
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                              Mike Souza will not be the youngest NCAA Head Coach when hired next year. Northern Michigan just hired Ryan Potunly, born in 1980, a year and a half younger than Souza.

Durham is 90 minutes from Boston. Where do you land 90 minutes from Marquette on the UP? The Soo?

Comment

Tonight's the night we find out who's gonna lead the team for next year. Here's HR's prediction: Marks is the popular choice (hoping for Eiserman and will post immediately as I'll be st the banquet)
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X