X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    that's what I thot. don't care about them, they're gone anywhoo:0
    You should if it results in a disappointed Crotty, Crone, Cockerill or Kotkosalo ending up back on the market. Or of transfers become available. Talent arriving at UNH will close the gap a whole lot more (and faster) than expecting early departures to hurt the team's above them.

BU swapping Farrance for McAvoy, BC replacing White with Tolvanen or PC trading Jakes isn't going to bring them back to the pack. UNH needs to catch them...
    Last edited by Dan; 03-29-2017, 01:30 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017 Off-season: The Clash Question

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      You should if it results in a disappointed Crotty, Crone, Cockerill or Kotkosalo ending up back on the market. Or of transfers become available. Talent arriving at UNH will close the gap a whole lot more (and faster) than expecting early departures to hurt the team's above them.

BU swapping Farrance for McAvoy, BC replacing White with Tolvanen or PC trading Jakes isn't going to bring them back to the pack. UNH needs to catch them...
      Fair enough! UNH needs also to compete for these guys ending up back on the market. But of course that brings up the whole question of do you want to build a program on two/three year players or four year players?
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Come on CJ!!!!!
        Buffalo...
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          Buffalo...
          Congrats to CJ an excellent forward wish him the best!!! We know all about players leaving early; our biggest issue is replacing the talent.
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

[QUOTE=e.cat;6474733]Hockey East early departures so far:

UPDATED

Colin White/BC
            Clayton Keller/BU
            Charlie McAvoy/BU
            Jake Walman/Providence
            Tage Thompson/UCONN
            CJ Smith/UML
            Tyler Mueller/UML ???
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

I know Chuck doesn't believe me but I did speculate that Captain choice. I dunno why but I just had a feeling about it. That being said...no, I didn't predict the other things you mention but I was not surprised on the choice...believe it..or not. I agree Marks is a strong choice and also think Jason S has alot of character/could be an "A" choice if they do decide to go with the "A"'s. (and I hope they do).
              Hey, if you still want to claim credit for that disaster, why would I ever disbelieve you, HR?

I too had a *feeling* about it, right after learning of the decision. I think it's called nausea.

But we learn from our mistakes, and we move on, right? Personally, I'd prefer to see Salvaggio get an "A" over Eiserman. You also gotta think Marks' pairing with Cleland this past season isn't going to hurt his chances for the "C" next season.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• [QUOTE=Chuck Murray;6474935]Hey, if you still want to claim credit for that disaster, why would I ever disbelieve you, HR?

I too had a *feeling* about it, right after learning of the decision. I think it's called nausea.

But we learn from our mistakes, and we move on, right? Personally, I'd prefer to see Salvaggio get an "A" over Eiserman. You also gotta think Marks' pairing with Cleland this past season isn't going to hurt his chances for the "C" next season.[/QUOTE

Haha well give me credit for something around here I guess that means I've finally arrived 😳🙄 I'll be at the banquet and will have the info /news hot off the press!!!

Seriously I am going to say that CMacD battled a ton of adversity breaking his leg (and had life threatening complications) which probably fueled his selection. I am well aware of his numbers etc. and it's not worth hashing all of that season over. He's having a great season playing down South so good for him.
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-29-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Tyler Kelleher has a good night with the Admirals getting his first pro points on two assists...and the number 2 star for the night. Fun fact UNH's Trevor Smith captains that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    My first thought about Eiserman as Captain is that he gets injured a lot, and misses a lot of games, so there would need to be two Alternative Captains available, I think, to listen to the zebras yak about their take on penalties, etc. But, what do I know, as I thought that TyK would have been a good Co-Captain with Cleland this past season. Did TyK miss any games over his four years?
                    Turns out TyK missed one game is sophomore season and four his freshman year, so five total. Cleland missed only one game his sophomore season.

FWIW, this past season, six players did not miss a game: TyK, Cleland, Salvaggio, Grasso, BvR, and Marks. Blackburn and Dawson missed one game, and Tirone and Miller two. Eiserman missed 13 games this past season, 4 his sophomore year, and 5 during his freshman season, for a total of 22 games missed in three years.

Comment

Tyler Kelleher has a good night with the Admirals getting his first pro points on two assists...and the number 2 star for the night. Fun fact UNH's Trevor Smith captains that team.
                      Trivia question: what NHL goalie had one of his collegiate seasons essentially ended when Trevor Smith flattened him for straying out of his crease at the Whitt?

Comment

Turns out TyK missed one game is sophomore season and four his freshman year, so five total. Cleland missed only one game his sophomore season.

FWIW, this past season, six players did not miss a game: TyK, Cleland, Salvaggio, Grasso, BvR, and Marks. Blackburn and Dawson missed one game, and Tirone and Miller two. Eiserman missed 13 games this past season, 4 his sophomore year, and 5 during his freshman season, for a total of 22 games missed in three years.
                        Good reporting sir! Did not realize how many games Eiserman has missed...Wyse, he missed 3/4 games this year? I'm going to guess Ben Bishop on your trivia q...

Comment

Good reporting sir! Did not realize how many games Eiserman has missed...Wyse, he missed 3/4 games this year? I'm going to guess Ben Bishop on your trivia q...
                          Yes, Big Ben from U Maine was the goalie who got flattened by Trevor Smith.

Comment

Seriously I am going to say that CMacD battled a ton of adversity breaking his leg (and had life threatening complications) which probably fueled his selection. I am well aware of his numbers etc. and it's not worth hashing all of that season over. He's having a great season playing down South so good for him.
                            Overcoming adversity is a great thing, and lessons learned will serve him well for the rest of his life. Glad CMacD has been able to extend his career in the low minors. His UNH career was snakebitten, to put it mildly.

But simply overcoming adversity was (and still is - caution to any soft-hearted teammates who might think a Boyd return warrants his captaincy) a really dumb reason in and of itself to justify choosing him to be your captain. That's not on him, though - as I said at the time, I seriously doubt he "ran" for the position. That's on his teammates, and in the end it's on Coach, who runs the program, and could have saved the (well-intentioned) players from themselves. That's a baseline expectation when you're the adult in charge, isn't it?

And in retrospect, it probably also pointed to a leadership void in that class ... and as we would find out a year later, a seemingly worthy junior option (Kelleher) apparently wanted no part of leadership even then. I wonder if Cleland emerged during the course of his junior season as an obvious leader under adversity, which seemed to make him the (rightful) slam-dunk choice for this past season's captain? Have to wonder if he could have handled the "C" a year earlier?

... and with such speculation, the march into random offseason chatter continues unabated ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Yes, Big Ben from U Maine was the goalie who got flattened by Trevor Smith.
                              Totally guessed on that one...! Would've loved to have seen it. Was it at home? Must've been awesome!

Comment

Not surprisingly, TyK didn't make the top 3 Hobey Finalists but proud of him nonetheless! (Shameless plug: I still believe he deserves it)

Who's gonna win? My guess: Vecchione...has he been signed yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X