• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017 Off-season: The Clash Question

C - Salvaggio
    A - McN.
    A - Marks
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      C - Salvaggio
      A - McN.
      A - Marks
      Interesting! I had been on HR's page but JS as a C works for me with CM getting the A. As HR noted I too would love to see SE get the other A.
      As I have watched this raising senior class I have not seen a lot of either rah rah or just talking, encouragement or directions etc. Let's just say not obvious leadership qualities or inclinations.

We await word from Ref.

Comment

So am at the banquet and the program has an 's' on the word captain...last years didn't so....gonna be more than one!? The suspense builds!
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

And the captains are: assistant C: Danny Tirone Captain is Dylan Chanter!!!!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Well Snively, there's our answer on talented FR playing ahead of those two...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Regressed back to two years ago; I guess that Dick does not care about the NRN after all.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Sweet Jeezus H ... please tell me you're joking?
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Nope not kidding. Hubby wants to know if we should get the paddles ready for ya...😳
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Chuck is so close to becoming a Lowell fan.
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      The captain played in 37 games last year with a total of 3 points....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Gotta get worse before you can better. Charlie Holt's last year UNH won five games. That was the second year of Hockey East which included the interlocking schedule with the WCHA. There were no cupcake OOC games. Do we agree that they will win more than five? If so, how many over? Do they win ten, can they win 15? 2017-2018 is going to be a . . . pick the word.

Comment

You guys are so funny getting all worked up about this stuff. Chanter has persevered to carve out a role.
                          More importantly, ref, any recruiting news at the dinner?
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            You guys are so funny getting all worked up about this stuff. Chanter has persevered to carve out a role.
                            More importantly, ref, any recruiting news at the dinner?
                            Not that I heard? Lots of accolades coming from Coach about the work MS and Stewie have been doing on that front.
                            ....and while Chanter was not on my radar per se I agree with your opinion.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Today I learned that the goalie scenario is completely sealed before Mike Robinson even shows up on campus. Not that anyone is really surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                The captain played in 37 games last year with a total of 3 points....
                                ... and played a total of thirteen (13) games as a frosh and soph, being outplayed for playing time by classmates named Marks, Boyd and Furgele. And younger guys named Dawson and Wyse have zoomed past him on the depth chart these last two seasons. And if Maller and/or Boyd had remained healthy, Chanter might have struggled to break double figures in games THIS season - his so-called "breakthrough" season.

Chanter as an "A", I guess I could have lived with (although even that seems a stretch, to be fair). Chanter as the "C" is probably at least as curious a choice as CMacD two years ago.

If a player isn't someone you can envision as being out on the ice at the most important parts of the most important games of his team's games, then that's a pretty good indicator you're probably reaching with your choice of captain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chanter was pretty much a third pairing guy ... and now you're pretty much pushing him to fill a top two pairing assignment. On a depth chart that's soon going to feature Marks, Wyse, Glidon, Maass and Dawson - not to mention Green and Boyd - that's inevitably going to delay a more talented younger player's development at some point.

I give the guy a lot of credit for taking his chance this season - just as I did with CMacD for overcoming his horrendous injury - but that's something you give the player a "Most Improved" or "Coaches' Award" for the best comeback, or whatever. You don't hand the guy a "C" just because it makes for a nice story, or he's glib in front of the media.

In the end, Coach Umile could have saved the players from this misguided selection, and he didn't.

So much for hopes that the leopard would be changing his spots on his way out the door ...
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X