X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017 Off-season: The Clash Question

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
    We got a letter dated 6/9. And the first thing i said was, not an online notification? Prices are the same. Lots about their not so special STH benefits. They have added access to the Skybox Lounge starting 1 hour before the game on a first come basis. Complementary snacks and ability to purchase alcohol.

Schedule has 19 (counting x game)
    No SNHU game!
    3 games with Maine , NE, UVM and Lowell.
    OC games and weekdays:
    Wednesday 12/6 at RPI
    Sunday 12/10 MC at home
    Monday 1/15 at BC
    Wednesday 2/14 Maine at home.
    Colgate 10/13-14 at home
    CC on 10/20-21 at home
    At Yale 11/26
    Army on 12/9 at home
    Dartmouth Tourney on 12/29-30
    1/6 Brown at home

PWR Rankings

Brown 59
    RPI 55
    Colgate 50
    Dartmouth 43
    Colorado College 39
    Army 36
    Yale 32
    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      We got a letter dated 6/9. And the first thing i said was, not an online notification? Prices are the same. Lots about their not so special STH benefits. They have added access to the Skybox Lounge starting 1 hour before the game on a first come basis. Complementary snacks and ability to purchase alcohol.

Schedule has 19 (counting x game)
      No SNHU game!
      3 games with Maine , NE, UVM and Lowell.
      OC games and weekdays:
      Wednesday 12/6 at RPI
      Sunday 12/10 MC at home
      Monday 1/15 at BC
      Wednesday 2/14 Maine at home.
      Colgate 10/13-14 at home
      CC on 10/20-21 at home
      At Yale 11/26
      Army on 12/9 at home
      Dartmouth Tourney on 12/29-30
      1/6 Brown at home

17 game before the Christmas break and 17 after.
      Brilliant move having one of the best rivalries in Hockey East on a Wednesday night. No wonder attendance is down so much.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Brilliant move having one of the best rivalries in Hockey East on a Wednesday night. No wonder attendance is down so much.
        I wonder why Maine would agree to a mid-semester Wednesday game in Durham; sounds preposterous to me. Ditto UNH traveling to RPI on an in-semester Wednesday night. Just makes no sense.
        Last edited by Snively65; 06-13-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          I wonder why Maine would agree to a mid-semester Wednesday game in Durham; sounds preposterous to me. Ditto UNH traveling to RPI on an in-semester Wednesday night. Just makes no sense.
          I get the feeling, with all of the scheduling craziness with the teams involved, coupled with UNH still needing to fit in some conference games, not to mention travel and corresponding rest days involved, that this was the best that could be done. Looking at the schedules spreadsheet, I really don't see much better. It's not ideal, but still better than no games at all.

Comment

When you get a cupcake willing to play you, you fit them in the schedule no matter when. 600 games aren't going to win themselves on paper, you still have to play the games.
            Last edited by NCAA watcher; 06-13-2017, 09:33 AM.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
              PWR Rankings

Brown 59
              RPI 55
              Colgate 50
              Dartmouth 43
              Colorado College 39
              Army 36
              Yale 32
              Yeah, hear you on the PWR of this collection. I didn't think anyone was looking at this years addition as a Tournament team? More as a true building year.

I feel the most significant change will come after DU has departed and we learn who will take the 3rd spot on the coaching ladder. I feel good about MS but think that the next addition will be huge in terms of getting and developing talent. Especially on the defensive side.

Comment

Putting the Maine game on a Wednesday night seems incredibly wasteful. Taking the one game that sells out every year and putting it on a night that will likely reduce attendance down to 4,000 or so. Other than for that no odd mid week games on the home schedule which is a good thing. I read on the Maine thread that their home weekend set against us is going to be during their break so it's going to be down on both ends.

For anyone who attends road games this schedule is actually decent for that, many of the HE road games are on Saturday night.

I doubt anyone was expecting a blockbuster OOC schedule, especially with the extra HE games added so late. I'm guessing we will be paying a weekend visit to Colorado next season as this will be the second year in a row they have travelled here. It will be interesting to see how this season goes, hopefully ATW has it right that this is a true rebuilding year for the group.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                  Yeah, hear you on the PWR of this collection. I didn't think anyone was looking at this years addition as a Tournament team? More as a true building year.

I feel the most significant change will come after DU has departed and we learn who will take the 3rd spot on the coaching ladder. I feel good about MS but think that the next addition will be huge in terms of getting and developing talent. Especially on the defensive side.
                  Got the letter...have prices gone up some? $324/seat thought it was less..$307 last couple of seasons? .also, can't wait for 'bobble head night' Did get a chuckle out of the 'formidable OOC foes'. Anyway...we will renew.
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-13-2017, 02:18 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    When you get a cupcake willing to play you, you fit them in the schedule no matter when. 600 games aren't going to win themselves on paper, you still have to play the games.
                    Second year in a row not getting on a plane to play an OOC foe....saving a few bucks
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      Second year in a row not getting on a plane to play an OOC foe....saving a few bucks
                      You can add NICC away conference games to those OOC foes, right? And, probably also no overnights for bus trips away this coming season other than Maine? But, I would think that these cost savings will make up only a small fraction of the revenues in lost STH sales, HR's re-upping as a STH notwithstanding.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 06-13-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Well, the Umile 300k isn't going to pay itself.

Remember, we're changing the culture here by Playing against the best and recruiting against the best.
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Got the letter...have prices gone up some? $324/seat thought it was less..$307 last couple of seasons? .also, can't wait for 'bobble head night' Did get a chuckle out of the 'formidable OOC foes'. Anyway...we will renew.
                          Additional home game so the price increased for that. The way they word it is the"price per game" did not increase.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                            Additional home game so the price increased for that. The way they word it is the"price per game" did not increase.
                            Well there you go. I had read it really fast when I first took a look...like I said, bring on the 'bobblehead' night!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                              Putting the Maine game on a Wednesday night seems incredibly wasteful. Taking the one game that sells out every year and putting it on a night that will likely reduce attendance down to 4,000 or so.
                              Can't imagine it also being Valentine's Day will help that attendance number much.
                              Are you guys brothers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                                Can't imagine it also being Valentine's Day will help that attendance number much.
                                Good point; also could be the Valentine's Day Massacre.

Comment

Working...
                                X