This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    so who gets to play y'all in the fall for an easy win, and who has to play nu in the spring where it will be tougher to get a w?
    CC visiting the Whitt in fall, but we play Huskies three times in February (see earlier post).

EDIT: Ok, now that BU has released home schedule, Cats visit Agganis on November 11th,
    Last edited by Snively65; 06-08-2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017 Off-season: The Clash Question

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Cats visit Agganis on November 11th,
      mookie is guessing that will be a uhn win
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Fun with Souza, Dick & Stu - Offseason Edition - Part VI

Three men wait at the sixth tee
        Spot has left Dick to lug his own bag
        Spot has big fish to fry with Puff
        Spot runs fast to greet his pal Puff
        See Spot run! Run Spot run!!
        Puff now thinks it was dumb to taunt Spot
        Puff tries to hide in the green side trap
        "That will not work, Puff!!"
        "I'll hit you with the rake then, Spot!!"

This does not stop Spot in the least
        Spot jumps in the trap to beat down Puff
        Uh oh, Puff - time for pay back
        The Cox boys will not take sides
        This is The Code - boys will be boys
        They know Puff once shanked Spot
        Puff has been due a beat down by Spot
        For some time now
        Spot smacks Puff lots of times
        With his fists
        With the trap rake
        With Puff's own clubs
        Puff is a pool of blood now

Fish and Game come to the trap
        "What is up here, gents?"
        Ralph says "Puff stepped on the rake"
        Cliff says "Rake hit Puff's face hard"
        Jeff shakes his head and says zilch
        It is not his place to squeal on Spot
        He does not want to get beat down by Spot some day

"I just shot that bear over there, Game"
        "The bear bled less than this man here, Fish"
        "So this was just an oops then, guys?"
        The Cox boys all nod to say yes
        Fish goes back to load up the dead bear on a truck
        Game takes Puff to get his boo boos fixed
        Spot will wait for Dick and the boys to catch up later

Back at the sixth tee, the boys shake their heads
        "Spot sure beat the bag out of Puff, Stu"
        "Puff was due a beat down, Souza. Good for Spot"
        "Who will put my bag on the cart for me?"
        Souza loads the bag on the back with the Tab

Dick hits a four wood this time
        Dick's shot finds the fringe. Good shot Dick!
        Stu hits next, and he hits a six iron
        Stu lands it right on the green twelve feet from the pin
        Souza hits last but hits it too hard
        Souza is in the rough at the back of the green

Souza asks Dick to sit with him up front
        Stu will have to watch the Tab in the back with Dick's bag
        Dick asks for a Tab from Stu
        Stu throws Dick a Tab
        Stu does not take his own Tab
        Stu thinks Schlitz Tab states like swill

"Why did you not stop Spot, Dick?"
        "I thought you two guys were pals?"
        "I am good pals with Spot too, you know"
        "But Puff will be mad we did not help him"
        Silly Souza now thinks Puff will fire him too
        Stu does not give a rat's *****
        Stu got passed by Puff
        Stu got raked by Dick too
        Stu thinks this is all good fun

At the green, Souza will go first
        He chips his ball to five feet from the pin
        "You can pick that up, Souza!"
        Dick should chip next
        But Stu has his putt in Dick's line
        Stu knows what Dick will say next
        So he goes to putt next and does not ask
        This time Stu drains his putt for a three
        No one says "Nice shot Stu"
        Dick lines up his chip and leaves it short
        Ten feet short
        Stu tells Dick he can pick his up for par
        Dick and Souza are
        Stu thinks "Two can play this game"
        Souza thinks "Now Stu plays kiss *****?"
        Dick thinks "This is great. Two saps help keep my score low"

The men move on to Tee seven and it starts to rain

The score after six holes (Par 23) stands:

Dick -1 Souza E *Stu E

Dick still has the lead
        Stu now has honors
        Souza wants some Schlitz Tab
        They are almost out though
        Dick's thirst must have been dire
        If this match does not go 18 holes because of rain or running out of Tab, I am going to be bummed out.

Comment

Good Friday morning to you all! Before we move the action along to the 7th hole, it seems time to take a short break and respond to some comments that have arrived recently at WIS HQ here in Effingwoods. First up, from the wilds of Thornton comes this supportive message direct from the thread and one of our well-known posters ...

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          If this match does not go 18 holes because of rain or running out of Tab, I am going to be bummed out.
          Me too, kind sir. Every once in awhile I kind of hit the wall (so to speak) and rummage around for ideas. Today, for example. But I'm hoping to bring this one to a happy conclusion at some point. In honor of the great Tab-swilling man himself, of course. We've still got a few months to get there before the REAL fun starts in October though.

Now onto the next writer, who sent along this beauty through snail mail at my Effingwoods Post Office box ...

Originally posted by RhinoGuv2017 View Post
          Dear WIS,

As a fellow Effingwoodstonian and a long time fair weather UNH Hockey fan, I've read with interest your postings at USCHO over the years, and I'm not sure if you're clueless or insane, or probably a little bit of both. Sometimes it's good for a cheap laugh, and more often you miss the mark by a mile, but at least you're trying I suppose, so I'll award you a participation medal for your efforts then, the next time you happen to swing by Concord. Or the Effingwoods Country Store where Mags and I have a monthly coffee clatch with concerned voters of all stripes. But I take deep offense at your portrayal of our valiant and dedicated people from Fish & Game as comedic props and stooges for this year's silly story. There is nothing funny about how these people put their lives on the line daily for their fellow voters citizens of this great State of ours. You should go on and find another target for your barbs. Like Carol-Shea Catchers-Mitt, maybe.

Politically and correctly,

Your pal Chris
          Dear Chris,

Every day when I tune into the local TV news, I feel like I've turned on "Animal Planet" or something. Fish & Game rescues dogs and cats, wants to kill wayward bears lurking in and around people's homes (at least until you and your PC pals ride to their rescue), find alligators in the sewers of Henniker, put some *friendly* face-eating pit bull up for adoption, or some other ridiculous day-to-day foolishness. It's their job, you know? I guess so, anyway. But they have better PR than you do right now, pal. So I think they can withstand a few barbs on this little desert island of ours at USCHO's offseason UNH thread. So tell your pals at F&G to suck it up, and get their butts over here to the WIS Estate 'cuz I'm being overrun by frickin' squirrels, and I'm gonna start shooting unless you find a nice place to relocate them all quickly.

Politically and correctly,

NIMBY WIS

Now onto a somewhat more troubling e-mail that came in from a Miss O. Ginny from Lempster, who writes:

Originally posted by Miss O. Ginny View Post
          I am deeply offended by your blatant offensiveness in your recent "Fun With ... " series. I can't even say his name without feeling offended. And your use of another offensive four letter word to designate the numbered targets these players are shooting for makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, if not downright violated. Further, your writings blatantly to omit the involvement of one of the various genders in our world, which is curious since we make up at least 50% of the world's population. And the way that your last entry glorified a physically violent act of retribution by a bitter ex-employee against a respected, gender-sensitive administrator who made the right decision to protect a protected class of students from further harm just about made me pass out in disgust. Your thinly veiled glorification of the characters' use of alcohol in a public setting while on motorized vehicles is abhorrent. Lastly, on a long-standing point, I think you treat the stats aficionados with outright contempt, which is vile and contemptuous. I hope you can see the errors of your ways, and start to see things a little more sensitively, like than nice boy Dan. If not - I hope you die a horribly painful death ASAP.
          Dear Miss Ginny,

I'm not sure where to start. Other than to say I would be happy to apologize - that seems to be the prevailing response these days when attacked by a self-righteous sort like you that's up on their high accusatory horse - but I'm not sure what I'd be apologizing for? But then I'd feel the need to apologize for apologizing for something I'm not entirely sure why I'm apologizing for? I hope you see my dilemma. So I'll bypass the hollow apology (hopefully that is not too offensive to you?), and do my best to address the perceived gender imbalance issue as soon as I possibly can. Maybe that will happen on the 7th hole target in the not-too-distant future.

Cheers, and enjoy the second coming of Prohibition, O!

WIS
          Last edited by Chuck Murray; 06-09-2017, 07:54 AM.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Well, Ginny knocks one thing out of the park and that is her characterization of me. I am a nice boy. So nice in fact, I wouldn't even shoot a few wandering bears just for giggles as some apparently might...

Is Ginny just recognizing real or am I to assume I am featured in the latest WIS series? It would be deep into the Walshy years since I even bothered to glance at one of these? Certainly, if featured, I must be the hero of the piece, no...???

----

1932, reaching a boiling point, while enjoying a round on the 19th hole, explodes, "that know it all, I'd like to see him run a DI hockey program, Marty. Let's teach him a lesson."

Weeks later...

Much to 1932's surprise and chagrin, Dan, a young man of exceptional good looks, character and statistical intelligence, steps in, recruiting takes off and two years later UNH wins the first of five national titles in a row!

----

I'm imagining something like that. Perhaps your stories are improving Chuck?
            Last edited by Dan; 06-09-2017, 01:00 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Well, Ginny knocks one thing out of the park and that is her characterization of me. I am a nice boy. So nice in fact, I wouldn't even shoot a few wandering bears just for giggles as some apparently might...

Is Ginny just recognizing real or am I to assume I am featured in the latest WIS series? It would be deep into the Walshy years since I even bothered to glance at one of these? Certainly, if featured, I must be the hero of the piece, no...???

Perhaps your stories are improving Chuck?
              Hey, I'm not pretending to churn out Pulitzer or Nobel (or even Enquirer) level stuff here, Dan. I'm not sure I've done an extended *work* (and I use that word extremely loosely) on here since the Walshy days anyway, so you likely haven't missed a thing. Well, except that I will say it's extremely fortuitous that you picked your name out of this thread the one & only time it's been mentioned. So I guess today was just your lucky day to rediscover the wonder of offseason WIS.

As far as you being the hero, I will say it looks like you're extremely popular in Lempster ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Hey, I'm not pretending to churn out Pulitzer or Nobel (or even Enquirer) level stuff here, Dan. I'm not sure I've done an extended *work* (and I use that word extremely loosely) on here since the Walshy days anyway, so you likely haven't missed a thing. Well, except that I will say it's extremely fortuitous that you picked your name out of this thread the one & only time it's been mentioned. So I guess today was just your lucky day to rediscover the wonder of offseason WIS.

As far as you being the hero, I will say it looks like you're extremely popular in Lempster ...
                Well you fooled me by posting something resembling an actual post. If you're suggesting it was anything other than fortuitous Im afraid you're projecting...

Sorry to hear I'm not a part of the story after all!
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I can assure you, Dan, that Fish and Game would not shoot a few wandering bears just for giggles either. I am with Rhinogov2017 on this one, and perhaps Ginny, too, can be placated by the knowing that not all Fish Cops are of one gender. However, we must all recognize that we cannot have black bears running willy nilly all over our golf courses terrorizing everyone.
                  Last edited by Snively65; 06-10-2017, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Hats off to "Buck" for his part in the Pens Stanley Cup win!
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

According to Sean Pickett's NCAA Hockey Financials thread (third post), UNH does not crack the top three (Minnesota, Michigan, Miami) in men's div 1 head coach salaries. Of 28 schools available, UNH in second tier of four, with 21 schools below.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 06-12-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Hats off to "Buck" for his part in the Pens Stanley Cup win!
                        Yup, it looks like he can coach some folks. No I'm not making fun of him.
                        What's up with the no comments on the ticket info and schedule that we "season ticket holders" received? Looks like an interesting year.
                        Thoughts anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          According to Sean Pickett's NCAA Hockey Financials thread (third post), UNH does not crack the top three (Minnesota, Michigan, Miami) in men's div 1 head coach salaries. Of 28 schools available, UNH in second tier of four, with 21 schools below.
                          Sure it wasn't a PWR thread? 😬
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                            What's up with the no comments on the ticket info and schedule that we "season ticket holders" received? Looks like an interesting year.
                            Thoughts anyone?
                            ATW, my guess would be that you could count the STH's on this thread on one (maybe two) hands. There's an inverse relationship between posting frequency and likelihood of making it to a game at the Whitt. (Which actually makes sense, given the product).

I haven't received my ticket info yet - I actually only just finished renewing my football season tix. Care to share details?
                            Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              Thoughts anyone?
                              Did you get an email or letter in the mail today? We didn't...hmmmm ...I don't recall ever getting a letter but then we've only been STH for 3 seasons...What was the gist of the letter? I have my people on it haha
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 06-12-2017, 09:17 PM.
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                ATW, my guess would be that you could count the STH's on this thread on one (maybe two) hands. There's an inverse relationship between posting frequency and likelihood of making it to a game at the Whitt. (Which actually makes sense, given the product).

I haven't received my ticket info yet - I actually only just finished renewing my football season tix. Care to share details?
                                We got a letter dated 6/9. And the first thing i said was, not an online notification? Prices are the same. Lots about their not so special STH benefits. They have added access to the Skybox Lounge starting 1 hour before the game on a first come basis. Complementary snacks and ability to purchase alcohol.

Schedule has 19 (counting x game)
                                No SNHU game!
                                3 games with Maine , NE, UVM and Lowell.
                                OC games and weekdays:
                                Wednesday 12/6 at RPI
                                Sunday 12/10 MC at home
                                Monday 1/15 at BC
                                Wednesday 2/14 Maine at home.
                                Colgate 10/13-14 at home
                                CC on 10/20-21 at home
                                At Yale 11/26
                                Army on 12/9 at home
                                Dartmouth Tourney on 12/29-30
                                1/6 Brown at home

17 game before the Christmas break and 17 after.

Comment

Working...
                                X