X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Faceoff 2017: DU, UND, UMD and WMU

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    10 power plays for UND?
    It was a very weird game. One of the worst officiating jobs I have seen in quite some time...and that goes both ways. They let some really bad stuff go (the Poolman hit into the corner that knocked him out of the game, and the Smith (?) spear at the end of the First are two that should have both been 5 minute majors), and then called some really ticky-tacky calls in the final 5 minutes or so that let North Dakota tie the game, and then ultimately let Duluth win the game. The refs just didn't seem to have any grip on the game whatsoever and it really spiraled out of control. That led to 16 powerplays , including four 5x3 powerplays. Needless to say, there was very little 5x5 played, and I'm sure both coaches were less than thrilled with the guys in stripes tonight.

While I'm disappointed that North Dakota wasn't able to steal this one, they skated toe-to-toe with both Denver and Duluth this weekend. Hopefully Tucker is able to go next weekend, and the team plays as well in Fargo as they did this weekend.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Re: Frozen Faceoff 2017: DU, UND, UMD and WMU

My god the reffing was bad but so was UMD's discipline. They got lucky to win that game but it shows me their resiliency and just how much fun this team has been this year. Hopefully four more wins to go!
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
      X