Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

Thread: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    Just to let you know, Tech is about to sell out. They're down to standing room only on their website.
    Glad I decided to get my tickets at 1 AM last night then. Looking forward to it. I'll be a neutral fan in this one. Good Luck to both!

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hoton
    Posts
    208

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    Just to let you know, Tech is about to sell out. They're down to standing room only on their website.
    Some seats will open up Tuesday at noon when season ticket holders don't take advantage of first dibs to their seats. How long will they be available? Probably a half hour if you're lucky.

  3. #23
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    The projections go live in an hour, but it's between 62-65% in favor of Tech. More than 1-in-3 are really great chances, though!

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Some seats will open up Tuesday at noon when season ticket holders don't take advantage of first dibs to their seats. How long will they be available? Probably a half hour if you're lucky.
    I am pretty sure it is noon on Wednesday, but a call to the ticket office would tell us for sure.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    20,330
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I like this format, but it does make it difficult for the TV people. It was about 8:30 last night before it could be determined where Saturday's game would be. Logistically, that makes it difficult for an event that would be break even, at best, for them.

    Fox Sports North showed the semis and final the last 3 years, but they knew well in advance where it was going to be.
    DirecTV doesn't show the FS Networks alternate channel programming yet, but FS-N and FS-Wis are airing Rangers/Wild. FS-Det has MHSAA girls basketball. FS-Mid is airing Blues at Coyotes late. FS-Ohio is replaying Indians spring training.

    So unless the WCHA can convince them to simulcast the WCHA.tv feed (which has never happened, ever under the WCHA), having an RSN pay for an HD production and uplink truck to drive to Houghton just to carry one game on short notice isn't happening.

    And for all the complaints people had with ASN, it was nice to finally have college hockey on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago.



    *Edit* Boy would the championship game make for some compelling TV though. Local campus site, raucous crowd, winner goes to the NCAA drama... It's a da** shame that it's so expensive to roll the previously mentioned HD truck, because this game is going to make the B1G Championship game crowd look like an intra-squad scrimmage. Will give the NCHC a run for it's money (if the title game doesn't have tUMD and/or NoDak)
    Last edited by aparch; 03-14-2017 at 09:57 AM.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    876

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post


    *Edit* Boy would the championship game make for some compelling TV though. Local campus site, raucous crowd, winner goes to the NCAA drama... It's a da** shame that it's so expensive to roll the previously mentioned HD truck, because this game is going to make the B1G Championship game crowd look like an intra-squad scrimmage. Will give the NCHC a run for it's money (if the title game doesn't have tUMD and/or NoDak)
    If I'm the NCHC, I'm REALLY hoping it's not WMU-Denver in the final, or the Target Center is going to look like...well, a typical Timberwolves-Jazz, or Timberwolves-Suns game.

  7. #27
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/03...y-projections/

    I didn't post it earlier because I didn't want to dump that on Twitter at 5am.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  8. #28
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/03...y-projections/

    I didn't post it earlier because I didn't want to dump that on Twitter at 5am.

    GFM
    After reading your post, I'm sure no Tech fans would mind the conclusion if BG does in fact win...on Friday.
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-14-2017 at 01:05 PM.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Posts
    763

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    I'm going to take solace with looking at the two team's performances since January. BG is 7 and 6 and ended the regular season with a 3 game win streak that they've since extended to 7. Whereas MTU went 5-5-3 and ended with a split with NMU (yes, I know we got swept by NMU in a series that was completely lopsided in BG's favor except for the scores). Couple that with BG having a supposed harder trek through the tournament to date and sweeping their opponents, I would say that BG has the momentum and advantage going into this game. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I don't think so.

    With all of that said, I do expect this to be one helluva game. Just wish I could be there to see it in person.
    Last edited by BGFan; 03-14-2017 at 01:04 PM.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    777

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    What are your thoughts, Tech is ready for the visit from BG. A 1 game take all should be very interesting, an NCAA tourney bid at stake.

    This should be an incredible game. Go Tech!
    I was at first against the one game take all, especially since until this point the playoffs have been a best-of-three, but now I think it's the right move. How poignant would it be if this went into a shootout?

    Quote Originally Posted by BGFan View Post
    I'm going to take solace with looking at the two team's performances since January. BG is 7 and 6 and ended the regular season with a 3 game win streak that they've since extended to 7. Whereas MTU went 5-5-3 and ended with a split with NMU (yes, I know we got swept by NMU in a series that was completely lopsided in BG's favor except for the scores). Couple that with BG having a supposed harder trek through the tournament to date and sweeping their opponents, I would say that BG has the momentum and advantage going into this game. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I don't think so.

    With all of that said, I do expect this to be one helluva game. Just wish I could be there to see it in person.
    MTU is also playing at home though: 11-4-4, BG on the road 11-9-0.
    Last edited by AKSWF; 03-14-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

  11. #31
    Inspired by Actual Events
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da tech
    Posts
    5,386

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    My only wish is that they don't use the anally rule-stickler face off linesman for this game. The delays were weirdly long and attention-seeking from that guy, I think everyone had enough of that.

  12. #32
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,733
    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I was at first against the one game take all, especially since until this point the playoffs have been a best-of-three, but now I think it's the right move. How poignant would it be if this went into a shootout?
    .
    It won't go to a shootout. All playoff games have 20 minute sudden death overtime periods.

  13. #33
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,486

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    After reading your post, I'm sure no Tech fans would mind the conclusion if BG does in fact win...on Friday.
    Ha, is it Saturday? That makes more sense. UAH was never going to get that far, so I didn't pay close attention.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  14. #34
    Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,114

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    I'll be in Florida, and without access to the feed (but given the quality of WCHA.TV this year, that's probably a good thing ).
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    It won't go to a shootout. All playoff games have 20 minute sudden death overtime periods.
    Poignant: evoking a keen sense of sadness or regret.

    A sad stab at the glory of the regular season shootouts (75% of UA_'s Governor's Cups were won thanks to them). I was also the one that got Twitter confirmation that OT was still in effect for the playoffs in some long forgotten thread.

    Go junior Bruins!

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Posts
    763

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I was at first against the one game take all, especially since until this point the playoffs have been a best-of-three, but now I think it's the right move. How poignant would it be if this went into a shootout?



    MTU is also playing at home though: 11-4-4, BG on the road 11-9-0.
    As I recall, BG swept Bemidji on the road.

  17. #37
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Andes
    Posts
    5,912

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by BGFan View Post
    I'm going to take solace with looking at the two team's performances since January. BG is 7 and 6 and ended the regular season with a 3 game win streak that they've since extended to 7. Whereas MTU went 5-5-3 and ended with a split with NMU (yes, I know we got swept by NMU in a series that was completely lopsided in BG's favor except for the scores). Couple that with BG having a supposed harder trek through the tournament to date and sweeping their opponents, I would say that BG has the momentum and advantage going into this game. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I don't think so.

    With all of that said, I do expect this to be one helluva game. Just wish I could be there to see it in person.
    How many BG fans will be coming up to the game?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Posts
    763

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    How many BG fans will be coming up to the game?
    I have no idea. Based on what I saw and heard on WCHA.tv at the Bemidji games we should have quite a few. The real question is did MTU set aside an allotment of tickets for BG? Based on what I read on our own boards, probably not since they were told that SRO tickets were all that were left. Houghton is a long way to travel for SRO tickets.

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by BGFan View Post
    I have no idea. Based on what I saw and heard on WCHA.tv at the Bemidji games we should have quite a few. The real question is did MTU set aside an allotment of tickets for BG? Based on what I read on our own boards, probably not since they were told that SRO tickets were all that were left. Houghton is a long way to travel for SRO tickets.
    According to the league a small allotment of tickets was made available directly to BGSU. Whether they were sold that quickly or were used for other purposes than to sell is another question.

  20. #40
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,545

    Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

    As of 3pm today, with any unwanted season tickets being turned back at noon, all seats and suites are sold out and 139 SRO tickets remain.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •