WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA title Michigan Tech vs Bowling Green

The odds of it being on local TV in the UP are very good. But outside the local TV market, you're looking at WCHA.tv if you want to watch the game. The league approached ASN but they are already committed to the ECAC championship game at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The odds of it being on local TV in the UP are very good. But outside the local TV market, you're looking at WCHA.tv if you want to watch the game. The league approached ASN but they are already committed to the ECAC championship game at the same time.
      Has the league tried all other college hockey broadcast options? I hope some network would pick it up for college hockey fans to watch.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
        Has the league tried all other college hockey broadcast options? I hope some network would pick it up for college hockey fans to watch.
        I like this format, but it does make it difficult for the TV people. It was about 8:30 last night before it could be determined where Saturday's game would be. Logistically, that makes it difficult for an event that would be break even, at best, for them.

Fox Sports North showed the semis and final the last 3 years, but they knew well in advance where it was going to be.

Comment

Just to let you know, Tech is about to sell out. They're down to standing room only on their website.
          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I've had Tech since the end of the regular season and I'm certainly not going back now. Should be a good game with both teams seasons on the line!

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
              Just to let you know, Tech is about to sell out. They're down to standing room only on their website.
              Glad I decided to get my tickets at 1 AM last night then. Looking forward to it. I'll be a neutral fan in this one. Good Luck to both!

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                Some seats will open up Tuesday at noon when season ticket holders don't take advantage of first dibs to their seats. How long will they be available? Probably a half hour if you're lucky.

Comment

The projections go live in an hour, but it's between 62-65% in favor of Tech. More than 1-in-3 are really great chances, though!

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                    Some seats will open up Tuesday at noon when season ticket holders don't take advantage of first dibs to their seats. How long will they be available? Probably a half hour if you're lucky.
                    I am pretty sure it is noon on Wednesday, but a call to the ticket office would tell us for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      I like this format, but it does make it difficult for the TV people. It was about 8:30 last night before it could be determined where Saturday's game would be. Logistically, that makes it difficult for an event that would be break even, at best, for them.

Fox Sports North showed the semis and final the last 3 years, but they knew well in advance where it was going to be.
                      DirecTV doesn't show the FS Networks alternate channel programming yet, but FS-N and FS-Wis are airing Rangers/Wild. FS-Det has MHSAA girls basketball. FS-Mid is airing Blues at Coyotes late. FS-Ohio is replaying Indians spring training.

So unless the WCHA can convince them to simulcast the WCHA.tv feed (which has never happened, ever under the WCHA), having an RSN pay for an HD production and uplink truck to drive to Houghton just to carry one game on short notice isn't happening.

And for all the complaints people had with ASN, it was nice to finally have college hockey on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago.

*Edit* Boy would the championship game make for some compelling TV though. Local campus site, raucous crowd, winner goes to the NCAA drama... It's a da** shame that it's so expensive to roll the previously mentioned HD truck, because this game is going to make the B1G Championship game crowd look like an intra-squad scrimmage. Will give the NCHC a run for it's money (if the title game doesn't have tUMD and/or NoDak)
                      Last edited by aparch; 03-14-2017, 09:57 AM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

*Edit* Boy would the championship game make for some compelling TV though. Local campus site, raucous crowd, winner goes to the NCAA drama... It's a da** shame that it's so expensive to roll the previously mentioned HD truck, because this game is going to make the B1G Championship game crowd look like an intra-squad scrimmage. Will give the NCHC a run for it's money (if the title game doesn't have tUMD and/or NoDak)
                        If I'm the NCHC, I'm REALLY hoping it's not WMU-Denver in the final, or the Target Center is going to look like...well, a typical Timberwolves-Jazz, or Timberwolves-Suns game.

Comment

http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/03...y-projections/

I didn't post it earlier because I didn't want to dump that on Twitter at 5am.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/03...y-projections/

I didn't post it earlier because I didn't want to dump that on Twitter at 5am.

GFM
                            After reading your post, I'm sure no Tech fans would mind the conclusion if BG does in fact win...on Friday.
                            Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 03-14-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I'm going to take solace with looking at the two team's performances since January. BG is 7 and 6 and ended the regular season with a 3 game win streak that they've since extended to 7. Whereas MTU went 5-5-3 and ended with a split with NMU (yes, I know we got swept by NMU in a series that was completely lopsided in BG's favor except for the scores). Couple that with BG having a supposed harder trek through the tournament to date and sweeping their opponents, I would say that BG has the momentum and advantage going into this game. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I don't think so.

With all of that said, I do expect this to be one helluva game. Just wish I could be there to see it in person.
                              Last edited by BGFan; 03-14-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                                What are your thoughts, Tech is ready for the visit from BG. A 1 game take all should be very interesting, an NCAA tourney bid at stake.

This should be an incredible game. Go Tech!
                                I was at first against the one game take all, especially since until this point the playoffs have been a best-of-three, but now I think it's the right move. How poignant would it be if this went into a shootout?

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                                I'm going to take solace with looking at the two team's performances since January. BG is 7 and 6 and ended the regular season with a 3 game win streak that they've since extended to 7. Whereas MTU went 5-5-3 and ended with a split with NMU (yes, I know we got swept by NMU in a series that was completely lopsided in BG's favor except for the scores). Couple that with BG having a supposed harder trek through the tournament to date and sweeping their opponents, I would say that BG has the momentum and advantage going into this game. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but I don't think so.

With all of that said, I do expect this to be one helluva game. Just wish I could be there to see it in person.
                                MTU is also playing at home though: 11-4-4, BG on the road 11-9-0.
                                Last edited by AKSWF; 03-14-2017, 07:26 PM.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X