Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Thankfully college hockey doesn't have the problem of large number of guys bolting for the NHL after one collegiate season like basketball does but Michigan was indeed dinged by the exodus from last season.
    For all of our sakes, I wish they would push the draft age to 20. Having drafted players as they arrive on campus makes one rather uneasy.

Comment

Question for anyone who was there today, did the ushers even pretend to care where you sat?
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-16-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        For all of our sakes, I wish they would push the draft age to 20. Having drafted players as they arrive on campus makes one rather uneasy.
        Me too, but unfortunately Canadian Major Juniors still rules.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Andrew Sturtz was injured in the first period and never returned. Any word on the extent of his injury?

Comment

For the record, announced attendance for today's B1G 2-game session was 3,387.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              For the record, announced attendance for today's B1G 2-game session was 3,387.
              From what I read attendance for the B1G tourney dropped from 42,000 tickets sold in 2014, to 16K in 2015, and 15K in 2016. Whoever conceived of this central location swap between the X and Joe really laid an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                Andrew Sturtz was injured in the first period and never returned. Any word on the extent of his injury?
                I hate to see anyone get injured. But if it's serious and Sturtz cannot play tomorrow, and possibly beyond, that would obviously be a huge loss for the Nittany Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                  From what I read attendance for the B1G tourney dropped from 42,000 tickets sold in 2014, to 16K in 2015, and 15K in 2016. Whoever conceived of this central location swap between the X and Joe really laid an egg.
                  The Joe sucks. We all knew that. The corpies didn't figure that out. And St Paul has been cracking down on tailgating (owners of lots, specifically). That also hurts. Campuses next year, and UM doesn't want tailgating. They are not growing the sport.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Thanks Big Ten for taking a kick arse postseason tourney (WCHA), and a pretty good one, that included the best awards ceremony and blowing them up. The most important conference in college hockey, or hockey for schmucks...

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                      Thanks Big Ten for taking a kick arse postseason tourney (WCHA), and a pretty good one, that included the best awards ceremony and blowing them up. The most important conference in college hockey, or hockey for schmucks...
                      Totally disagree! I am totally on board with the "B1G" schools conference now. And I predict: within five years it will become, no question, the dominate conference in D1 hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Totally disagree! I am totally on board with the "B1G" schools conference now. And I predict: within five years it will become, no question, the dominate conference in D1 hockey!
                        You're missing the point. The Final Five was like a family reunion. And now that's gone. And those rivalries are gone. It sucks. We now get 80 people on a Thu afternoon at the Joe. Whee.
                        The fans were sh* on for the mythical dollar that doesn't really exist in this sport. Just look at attendance numbers. And if you think TV is going to make up that revenue? Ha!

Comment

You're missing the point. The Final Five was like a family reunion. And now that's gone. And those rivalries are gone. It sucks. We now get 80 people on a Thu afternoon at the Joe. Whee.
                          The fans were sh* on for the mythical dollar that doesn't really exist in this sport. Just look at attendance numbers. And if you think TV is going to make up that revenue? Ha!
                          I'd be totally down getting back together, not like we're doing any better against lesser teams.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Are you on drugs? It's a football and basketball conference. Many of the schools couldn't care less about hockey (or think it's "field hockey")

Comment

You're missing the point. The Final Five was like a family reunion. And now that's gone. And those rivalries are gone.
                              Old fans who decry the loss of old WCHA rivalries will gradually die off, replaced by new fans who will embrace new B1G rivalries, mirroring those that we already have in the B1G in other major sports.
                              It's inevitable!

Comment

I could say I've turned the corner I guess and become a fan of the B1G, but with some changes needed going forward. The conference playoffs at campus sites is a positive move. Besides the potential for increases in attendance and atmosphere, the prize of a bye and home ice for the #1 seed means the compete level will increase during the B1G regular season. Even with ND coming in next year, I'd like to see another team added asap to increase competition and curtail the reshuffling in the postseason. I think if B1G teams start consistently making the NCAAs, add some FF appearances, maybe capture an NC, the conference could become very strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X