BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Ok, that's one overtime, how many can we go? This game has been played at a high pace pretty much the whole way, but it seemed that both sides were tiring there toward the end of that period.

Excellent. I'm just rooting for the goalies now.

Also it's too bad there is nobody there to watch tonight in person.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Even though Minnesota's in their first game they looked tired and slow during the OT. At this point it's simply going to be decided by who makes the worst mistake.

Comment

Wisconsin is pretty much guaranteed to win tomorrow. PSU will be playing on spaghetti legs.
        Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 03-17-2017, 10:48 PM.
        ---
        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
        19 Conference Championships
        10 Conference Tournament Championships
        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

That's the kind of goal you only score against a very tired defense.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

That was entertaining. Interesting that the B1G logo was painted on the ice over the Red Wings logo. At the Garden, the Bruins logo was still there and they put the Hockey East logo by the blue lines.

Comment

• ***** BS penalty call.
              Congrats to child molester U.
              National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                That was entertaining. Interesting that the B1G logo was painted on the ice over the Red Wings logo. At the Garden, the Bruins logo was still there and they put the Hockey East logo by the blue lines.
                CCHA did it, too.
                ---
                Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

god I ****ing hate ped state
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I'm going to the Wings game before the B1G championship game. Bet the Wings emblem will be back on the ice for that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabid Gopher View Post
                      ***** BS penalty call.
                      Congrats to child molester U.
                      Maybe I need to see it again, but didn't he tackle the guy?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                        Michigan's band has been playing in the same corner of Joe Louis for as long as I can remember.

They obviously needed it last night since they were there.

This league can't do anything right.
                        In the CCHA, UM was a driver of revenue, attendance & prestige. In the the Big Teen, you're a 6 games under .500 nothing special team. Maybe they gave band seats priority by place in standings. You were 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                          In the CCHA, UM was a driver of revenue, attendance & prestige. In the the Big Teen, you're a 6 games under .500 nothing special team. Maybe they gave band seats priority by place in standings. You were 5th.
                          The band was in the usual spot in 2015 as the 3 seed against the 2 and 1. The B1G people just don't care and half *** it because hockey is some sideshow circus to them that brings in a small percentage of TV dollars. Unlike the CCHA in every way.
                          ---
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                            The band was in the usual spot in 2015 as the 3 seed against the 2 and 1. The B1G people just don't care and half *** it because hockey is some sideshow circus to them that brings in a small percentage of TV dollars. Unlike the CCHA in every way.
                            Did where the band sat make any difference in the play on the ice. If it did, your team has serious problems.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Maybe the refs were tired too and just wanted to get it over with?

Comment

That wasn't a terrible call imho - although yes a few blatant penalties got missed earlier against both squads. One can argue that once the whistles are "swallowed" keep them there, but remember how badly Maine fans hated the OT penalty in 2002 (not trying to claim 100% apples to apples here but...) yet that was as blatant a penalty as you're ever going to see. I hate it going against my squad but then kill the penalty get back to 5x5 if you don't want to give up a goal.

Someone on GPL mentioned the PP were lopsided (6-2 in favor of PSU) and my response is that the Gophers were out-hustled for most of the game and that's often a recipe for getting whistled more than your opponent. Maddening considering PSU played the day before while the Gophers were resting.

The Gophers allowed themselves to get beat and Ramsey half-assing his way back into a defensive position on the OT goal is aggravating as hell.

Ok - you're in the tournament apparently with still a very slim chance at a #1 if both WMU and (??) lose today. Regardless get yourselves together and be ready for the real deal coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X