BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Look at all those fans dressed up as empty seats! Camera operators doing a good job avoiding "crowd" shots though.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      What's dumb about the placement of PSU's band? Michigan doesn't need it anymore.
      Michigan's band has been playing in the same corner of Joe Louis for as long as I can remember.

They obviously needed it last night since they were there.

This league can't do anything right.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        That's fair. He never answered my question though.

Not directed at you but, "whatever, dude."
        I don't know how you'd come up with actual numbers but the Alaska fans actually did travel well.

Comment

What a moronic penalty by Healey. Not his first bonehead thug move like that, is it?
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Well Ohio State didn't play with their spark and energy today. Maybe they spent too much yesterday?
            And what the hell was Healey thinking?? You don't try to hit this late in a critical game especially when you're down! STUPID!!

Comment

I'm just glad that for once it wasn't Greenway that committed such a stupid penalty

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Fitting for Healey that he probably ends his own college career by getting finally caught for a major penalty in this game. Too bad for his team mates, but I won't miss him in the B1G one bit.

Some really good Buckeye players that were fun to watch over their careers also probably done. Stick tap to those guys.

Some luck o' the Irish and Jackie O'Berry was great tonight.

On Wisconsin.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  Fitting for Healey that he probably ends his own college career by getting finally caught for a major penalty in this game. Too bad for his team mates, but I won't miss him in the B1G one bit.

Some really good Buckeye players that were fun to watch over their careers also probably done. Stick tap to those guys.
                  Yep, between this and the major against Minnesota earlier in the year costing them the game, Healy may have single handedly cost his team a bid (reverse the result of 1 Minnesota game, I think they are in). I think this Ohio St game would be very scary if they make the NCAA's (probably have to root against the Badgers to have a chance). The thing is, Healy's elbows were flying all game/could've been called before that.

I know that we Badger fans are frustrated by Greenway's penalties/temper; but, really, Healy is way worse when it comes to that.

Comment

*dumps off ND*

They're all yours now!
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I suppose positive BGSU and Robert Morris results can maybe help OSU' RPI, but I doubt it'd be enough to flip that last comparison they'd need if BC or UW don't get it done.

It's very conceivable that the Buckeyes back into that last team in slot.

Which reminds me: if BC loses tonight (and maybe also if they lose tomorrow), that will most likely assure a third berth for the B1G.

Comment

The only downside to the Badger's victory is that I'll have to listen to freakin' Ben Clymer for two more games. Guy was a great player for the goofs, but he is just plain awful as a color guy.

Good lord.... just run out to the beer stand... Bet there's gotta be somebody hanging out there that could do the job better.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Clymer referring to the other semi as the "Ohio State game"

Comment

Well Mr. Healey, I hope you are proud of yourself and that you have the courage to look your teammates in the eyes.
                            You took it upon yourself to abandon everything and make a hit that had absolutely NO impact upon a play that had already moved up ice!
                            You just HAD to try for a payback or just get ONE last major hit in at the end of your collegiate career because it's your candy and it makes you feel SO good doing it!
                            Your ill advised actions may have single handedly cost your team a chance at a B1G Championship or ANY post season play! Are your proud that everything your entire team worked so hard all season to achieve didn't matter more than what you wanted?
                            I just can't express Josh how bitterly disappointed I am but not for that hit, but that in your four years here you didn't seem to learn that playing hockey for Ohio State is about something bigger than you are - it's about your team, your fans, your university and the expectations that go with it!

Comment

This is not a bad game

Comment

Agree. This has been a really good game to watch. I'd like to see it go about 5 OT periods now.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X