BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

The NCAA hasn't exactly done you guys any favors either, with Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin all playing basketball today.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      The NCAA hasn't exactly done you guys any favors either, with Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin all playing basketball today.
      The skunkies don't play until just after noon tomorrow. And since Bucky and Goldy aren't on the ice today, doesn't really matter that their basketball teams are playing.

Comment

It's not like it's the first time any of those teams were in the NCAA basketball tournament at the same time as hockey conference tournaments either.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Michigan basketball plays tomorrow at noon...so if hockey is still playing tomorrow, there isn't a time conflict for fan's attention.

Just looked, Sparty plays tomorrow night. If their hockey team wins, the early hockey game Friday should still be over before 9:20 b-ball tip off.

Also, as pointed out Minnesota and Wisconsin have the day off today for hockey, with their b-ball games today. So no direct conflict except for fans that want to physically attend both (but that basketball tourney and hockey tourney timing conflict has existed for awhile).
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

Back in the CCHA days at the Joe there were times we had quite a number of Wolverine & Spartan fans and their basketball teams would on occasion be playing during the hockey games.
            As soon as the hockey game was over they'd all disappear into the Olympia Club to watch the basketball on all the TV's there. It would be PACKED!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Back in the CCHA days at the Joe there were times we had quite a number of Wolverine & Spartan fans and their basketball teams would on occasion be playing during the hockey games.
              As soon as the hockey game was over they'd all disappear into the Olympia Club to watch the basketball on all the TV's there. It would be PACKED!
              I remember rushing to the concourse to check the Gopher basketball game in the concourse of the X at the Final Five.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Playing what?
                You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                  I'm concerned what the prices will be for the games at the new Pizzarena. At least this is the last neutral site Tournament, though.
                  On one hand look at the Barclays Center, but on the other hand it's still Detroit.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

I still can't imagine what the conference would do if Ohio State was #1 and the Schott is being used for high school tournaments and the B1G is forced to hold their championship in the old 800 seat barn if the Blue Jackets home ice wouldn't be available. Would they dare even show that on the B1G Network?!
                    The Big Ten likely would give the opposing team the home game.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I remember rushing to the concourse to check the Gopher basketball game in the concourse of the X at the Final Five.
                      I don't think North Dakota fans will be doing the same if the basketball team plays Friday night. I think basketball plays tonight though.

Comment

Refs letting them play. No calls on Sparty for two slashes, a trip and an interference.

Comment

Buckeyes lit the fire now! Up 6-3!

Comment

Buckeyes lit the fire now! Up 6-3!
                            Indeed, they really came out smoking to start the 3rd. Showing once more that you don't want to take penalties against them 'cause they'll make you pay.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well 3rd game tomorrow against the Badgers in a week. Question is how much will Ohio State have in the tank against a fresh team tomorrow?

Comment

And no shame to the Spartans. They certainly made it a game for awhile by making Ohio State pay when we got lazy on defense!

Comment

Working...
                                X