Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BTHC Tourney '17: The Stands May Be Empty, But The Games Still Matter

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    That wasn't a terrible call imho - although yes a few blatant penalties got missed earlier against both squads. One can argue that once the whistles are "swallowed" keep them there, but remember how badly Maine fans hated the OT penalty in 2002 (not trying to claim 100% apples to apples here but...) yet that was as blatant a penalty as you're ever going to see. I hate it going against my squad but then kill the penalty get back to 5x5 if you don't want to give up a goal.

Someone on GPL mentioned the PP were lopsided (6-2 in favor of PSU) and my response is that the Gophers were out-hustled for most of the game and that's often a recipe for getting whistled more than your opponent. Maddening considering PSU played the day before while the Gophers were resting.

The Gophers allowed themselves to get beat and Ramsey half-assing his way back into a defensive position on the OT goal is aggravating as hell.

Ok - you're in the tournament apparently with still a very slim chance at a #1 if both WMU and (??) lose today. Regardless get yourselves together and be ready for the real deal coming up.
    The players seemed to experiment with what the edge of "ok" would be. There was a pretty clear potential boarding call against Minnesota that wasn't called, so the attempt by the player was ok. And what sucks, the players don't have any idea what the real threshold is. For these two teams, the first team to find that threshold loses.

That being said- while it's great to try to score short handed, the way the Gophers played it was pretty bad. Two guys really deep, and while it was great that he hustled back- the resulting make up had two players take each other out. Which made that play pretty easy for a great scoring chance.

Not a BS call, but just a bad one to cross the OT threshold.

Comment

I don't believe in swallowing the whistle in OT.

If it's a penalty at 3:16 in the first, it's a penalty in OT.

I didn't catch all of them (I missed parts of the third), but I only saw two calls that I objected to, one on each side.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I'm going to the Wings game before the B1G championship game. Bet the Wings emblem will be back on the ice for that game.
        Back from Detroit and I was wrong, emblem was there for the Wings game and great win by the way for the Wings beating the hated Avalanche 5-1!

Comment

Boston College loses!
          B1G studio commentators say if Wisconsin loses Ohio State will get the last at large seed!
          Hope Penn State can keep their legs better than we did against the Badgers two years ago!

Comment

Boston College loses!
            B1G studio commentators say if Wisconsin loses Ohio State will get the last at large seed!
            Hope Penn State can keep their legs better than we did against the Badgers two years ago!
            We Gopher fans are also pulling for Penn State to hang on. No problem for us wishing the Badgers lose.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

So now the Big Ten is guaranteed to send three of their six teams to regionals, while the NCHC is going to send four of their eight. That means that literally half of each conference is going to the NCAA tournament. That is a fact, not just my opinion. So much for the theory that the NCHC is so great and the Big Ten is so terrible. Now we can finally see that they're both good conferences, very equally good based on the percentage of teams going to regionals.
              National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
              National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

At the Wings game today they were selling tickets for tonight's championship game for 5 bucks.
                That means you'll be paying five times as much for parking at $25.00 for the parking garage than you will for the game! LOL!

Comment

Wow & WOW! Double OT AGAIN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    At the Wings game today they were selling tickets for tonight's championship game for 5 bucks.
                    That means you'll be paying five times as much for parking at $25.00 for the parking garage than you will for the game! LOL!
                    Who uses the Joe parking garage? Cobo roof is $15 And you don't have to get out an hour after the game.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wow & WOW! Double OT AGAIN!
                      Is the game on anywhere? I can't find it on DirecTV

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Is the game on anywhere? I can't find it on DirecTV
                        BTN... Not sure of the Direct TV channel #.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

What a finish!! Who would have thought Penn State would have had anything left in the tank??

Comment

What a finish!! Who would have thought Penn State would have had anything left in the tank??
                            Halfway through the first, I thought it was over for Penn State.

Then the way the second one started- Wisconsin looked horribly gassed. They still had better chances- but it was way more balanced.

Then a D player to play aggressive... oops.

Great shot- the replay had the goalie totally wrong with where he thought the shot would go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                              So now the Big Ten is guaranteed to send three of their six teams to regionals, while the NCHC is going to send four of their eight. That means that literally half of each conference is going to the NCAA tournament. That is a fact, not just my opinion. So much for the theory that the NCHC is so great and the Big Ten is so terrible. Now we can finally see that they're both good conferences, very equally good based on the percentage of teams going to regionals.
                              Hahaha love the rationalization there! If you actually believe this is good reasoning you are definitely a BigSix fan

Comment

I almost regret now not staying after the Wings game to watch this one, my son wanted to but wouldn't have gotten back to Columbus until sunrise and hate driving tired!

Comment

Working...
                                X