View Poll Results: Who you got?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wisconsin over Clarkson

    9 25.71%
  • Wisconsin over Minnesota

    14 40.00%
  • Boston College over Clarkson

    1 2.86%
  • Boston College over Minnesota

    3 8.57%
  • Clarkson over Wisconsin

    1 2.86%
  • Clarkson over Boston College

    0 0%
  • Minnesota over Wisconsin

    6 17.14%
  • Minnesota over Boston College

    1 2.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

  1. #1
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,433

    Lightbulb Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Choose wisely...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    I will predict that both teams from the battle-tested WCHA will be in the final, and in a close game, Wisconsin's depth will be the difference-maker!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Choose wisely...
    In a historic series of upsets the #5 seed Minnesota defeats #4 Boston College to win a historic 7th NCAA Championship in historic St Charles. Hysterical? No, just hopeful. And then there's that Deja Vu thing.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-12-2017 at 05:37 PM. Reason: deja who?

  4. #4
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,073

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    In a historic series of upsets the #5 seed Minnesota defeats #4 Boston College to win a historic 7th NCAA Championship in historic St Charles.
    I thought the Gophers were No. 6? And yeah, I know that only the top four are actually seeded.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I thought the Gophers were No. 6? And yeah, I know that only the top four are actually seeded.
    I think you are correct as usual which makes it an even more historic win for the Gophers as the sort of "6th seed."
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-12-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: 6th seed sort of

  6. #6
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,073

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    ... which makes it an even more historic win for the Gophers as the 6th seed.
    It was historic in that it was their first NCAA win 1) over UMD, and 2) as a true road team.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Not a lot of love for Clarkson.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Not a lot of love for Clarkson.
    There should be. They're scary good, but I'm sure the Gophers seniors will make sure the rest of the team knows that. No overconfidence this time. I'm just glad Rattray won't be playing.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    At ncaa.com
    53% are picking Clarkson over Minnesota
    73% are picking Wisconsin over BC

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    At ncaa.com
    53% are picking Clarkson over Minnesota
    73% are picking Wisconsin over BC
    Out how many?

    Too also on top of that how many have seen 2 womens hockey games this season and how many have seen 3 of those 4 teams play (or even two)

  11. #11
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,802

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Hmmmm, I wonder who picked BC over UM.......? UM is getting a lot of love, but I have seen why, they are always a tough matchup for UW. I don't know that I could handle another FF loss to the rodents. Is there a psyc hospital in the greater St. Louis area?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  12. #12
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder who picked BC over UM.......?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder who picked BC over UM.......? UM is getting a lot of love, but I have seen why, they are always a tough matchup for UW. I don't know that I could handle another FF loss to the rodents. Is there a psyc hospital in the greater St. Louis area?
    Probably and then you and T3 could share a room.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-13-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: oops

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,678

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    Probably and then you and T3 could share a room.
    If they do the drinks are on me!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Is there a psyc hospital in the greater St. Louis area?
    Come on now...No need for a psychiatric ward when you already know where you can get the magic elixir you would need to cope with such a horror. Besides you could work something out with that whole enlarged liver thing to earn some money to help offset the trip costs.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-14-2017 at 04:05 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    The Rafters of Schottenstein Center
    Posts
    5,527

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    All WCHA Final, then gotta go with the Badgers. Superbly coached, talented, deep -- and this year crazy hungry. Potent combination.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    The Rafters of Schottenstein Center
    Posts
    5,527

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I don't know that I could handle another FF loss to the rodents. Is there a psyc hospital in the greater St. Louis area?
    If it plays out that way, you'll have hit the bottom(s). Just cross the bridge to Illinois, go to Cahokia, build your own personal mound, and be done with it.

    (lame humor, but good tourist tip)

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,678

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    We've hit the 30 mark for total votes, and just about 3 out of every 4 believe the Badgers will win it. As to whether or not Timothy ends up in the psyc ward, it's a much closer vote.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  19. #19
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,802

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    As to whether or not Timothy ends up in the psyc ward, it's a much closer vote.
    Hey, they haven't built one yet that I can't get out of. Crossing a state line after escape might get the FBI involved, is it a risk I'm willing to take? Yep. If a guy in a red felmet and a straight jacket asks for a ride, don't be afraid, I'm harmless, just get me to the WI state line in the trunk and dump me off. Just don't squish the thinner bloated liver when closing the trunk door. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 03-14-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,517

    Re: Who Wins The NCAA Championship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hey, they haven't built one yet that I can't get out of. Crossing a state line after escape might get the FBI involved, is it a risk I'm willing to take? Yep. If a guy in a red felmet and a straight jacket asks for a ride, don't be afraid, I'm harmless, just get me to the WI state line in the trunk and dump me off. Just don't squish the thinner bloated liver then closing the trunk door. Thanks in advance.
    You the man...with the liver thingy...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •