Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Then you missed Sage's excuses in his interview. It was one for the ages...
    Can I guess that he dug his hole even deeper?

Go to NASCAR, sage. you are drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Can I guess that he dug his hole even deeper?
      Yeah, pretty much...
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Sato to Rahal for 2018, Andretti staying with Honda and likely retaining Rossi. Rumor is Zachary Veach for that 4th car...ugh

Williams is chasing Alonso.

Ganassi has lost sponsors and maybe even his own interest in INDYCAR. After Dixon he has nothing.

Carlin will move up to INDYCAR next season.

Kyle Kaiser wants to move up...

I'm surprised Ferrari resigned Raikkonen over trying to lure back Alonso. DId he burn bridges there?
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          I'm surprised Ferrari resigned Raikkonen over trying to lure back Alonso. DId he burn bridges there?
          Incinerated is more apt. No way Ferrari wanted an Alonso-Vettel duo. Ferrari is all about a No. 1 and No. 2 driver. Of all the teams, Ferrari cares less about the constructor's title than anyone else (thanks to the $100 million payment they get just for being Ferrari). It's all about the driver's championship to them. Signing Kimi was a way to keep Vettel.

The question is can Williams afford Alonso? Or better put, is Alonso willing to forgo money for a (semi)chance to win again?
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Lots to go over.

Recap from Pocono:
            -A great time once again. Crowd seemed to be good. A lot of people loved this race on television. Was good in person as well. Lots to like about going to this track. Momentum.
            -Got to interview TK courtesy of Verizon's Paddock Insider on Saturday. Cool experience.
            -With no Pippa my daughter took a liking to the "guy in the gold car" and we got her a Hinch shirt and 1:64 scale car of his and before you know it, she got invited into his trailer to meet him and get her shirt signed just for being cute and standing outside his transporter.
            -My son got a small wall Borg Warner Trophy decoration in Indy and has it signed only by Indy500 winners. In Indy we got it signed by Dixon, Rossi, Fittipaldi (!), and Arie Luyendiuk. Got additionals in Pocono - TK, RHR, Sato, Helio and Al Unser Jr. (!). Unser Jr. is driving coach for Gabby Chaves
            - Disappointed with the car Chaves had after a great qualifying run. Still a big fan. They are so small team feel and I really like that. Lots of nice people with that team talked to us outside their transporter.
            - Courtesy of Indycar Nation we got to go into the Winner's Circle and get pics with Power and his car after the race and they let the kids in as well so that was kind of cool. Between team pics (with multiple hats!) and our pics, the Penske crew for Power came over and gave us 2 Penske hats and a Sunoco hat so my kids were thrilled (son not so much as he is a Chip diehard but liked the Sunoco). I guess those Penske guys are alright.

NEXT!
            1) I like Sage Karam. (Side note: Talked to him for a good 5 mins at Pocono). The twitter war over this is hilarious.
            2) Dislike Penske so this drama is interesting but really side with Pagenaud on this one. Newgarden, I really like, but the risk assessment of that pass, with two championship contenders, was not a good one. There was still time to make a pass if he had pace with Pagenaud. Catastrophic championship consequences if he crashes them both out with Dixon stalking behind in 3rd. As it was they threw some points to Dixon and this race is NOT over. Dixon wins at the Glen pretty much every year and almost owns Sonoma as well so..... gonna be interesting to see what happens there. Would be VERY interesting if JN (not great at Sonoma) has problems coming up and Pagenaud really jumps up front vs Dixon and that change of position/points they threw Dixon costs Pagenaud the title to Dixon wouldn't it!?
            3) As interesting as the drama is at Penske, I can't take any satisfaction over it due to the mess at CGR. Clearly something is wrong here. Chip is going to have to downsize I think. Spread too thin on the racing teams? Max is upset and gone. TK is upset and gone. Chip's explanation via twitter was hollow for me. Not impressed. And looking for drivers now, he just put up a sign that said "don't sign with me" with what just happened the past two races and his explanation. Rossi reports are conflicting, he'd be perfect for CGR but seemingly is back to Andretti? Penske adding JN really tipped the balance in their favor not to mention the switch from Honda while impressive in the job that they have done hasn't helped them either (one advantage being at Indy where Jay Howard almost murdered Dixon and it didn't help much).
            4) How about Helio choking and stalling on a pit stop?! And BFF Tony crashing on a parade lap. WOW!
            5) Slowmo replays of the Power/Carpenter pileup are frightening to watch. Way worse than it looks in regular speed.
            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 08-29-2017, 10:52 AM.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Here comes Scott Dixon....

Ya know, I love Newgarden but now that he's with Penske I had to have a laugh when Will Power put that great move on him after hitting the pit out line.

Rossi had a super impressive weekend which shows again why I was really hoping he would go over to Ganassi and create a good Penske/CGR rivalry with JNew for years to come. But that ship has sailed unfortunately. This kid is just super impressive and keeps getting better.
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Rossi had a super impressive weekend which shows again why I was really hoping he would go over to Ganassi and create a good Penske/CGR rivalry with JNew for years to come. But that ship has sailed unfortunately. This kid is just super impressive and keeps getting better.
                I'm getting the impression that Ganassi is slowly retiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Here comes Scott Dixon....

Ya know, I love Newgarden but now that he's with Penske I had to have a laugh when Will Power put that great move on him after hitting the pit out line.

The title is now Dixon's to lose. Pretty incredible. He will go down as one of the top 5 INDYCAR drivers of all-time think.

I dislike both Penske and ganassi but Newgarden and Dixon are tremendous talents and I'll be happy with whomever wins, though I'd prefer the young gun.

Rossi is great and it appears Andretti (well RHR and Rossi) have turned the corner finally.

What's up with TK? Nightmare of a season.

F1...I don't know what to say about McLaren's circus. Even if they get Renault engines that gives Alonso only a shot at P 4-6 on good weekends.

Good on Lewis for the win.keep that punk Vettel from reaching 5 titles.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    I'm getting the impression that Ganassi is slowly retiring.
                    I'm thinking downsizing more than necessarily retiring. Who knows though. Chip is an interesting character, that's for sure.

Comment

What's up with TK? Nightmare of a season.
                      I don't know what to say other than I love Tony. He's really not been good this year and has had so many bad moments it's tough to even fathom. Whether it be tapping his teammate in Dixon on one of the short ovals a few months back, wrecking half the field in Texas and drawing Dale Coyne right into pit lane during the red flag, crashing on a parade lap at Gateway, and then this weekend's debacle. Bizarre. He is still in phenomenal shape so I think hitting the reset button will be good for him. Looks like he will be in the #7 car next year I think.

Comment

I don't know what to say other than I love Tony. He's really not been good this year and has had so many bad moments it's tough to even fathom. Whether it be tapping his teammate in Dixon on one of the short ovals a few months back, wrecking half the field in Texas and drawing Dale Coyne right into pit lane during the red flag, crashing on a parade lap at Gateway, and then this weekend's debacle. Bizarre. He is still in phenomenal shape so I think hitting the reset button will be good for him. Looks like he will be in the #7 car next year I think.
                        Teammates with the mayor? That would be sweet!

Comment

The title is now Dixon's to lose. Pretty incredible.
                          Remember, Sonoma is double points. And look what happened last year...
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Kanaan to Foyt for next season. Either Daly or Munoz are out and that's bad news for INDYCAR.

Comment

Kanaan to Foyt for next season. Either Daly or Munoz are out and that's bad news for INDYCAR.
                              This surprises me. Foyt is an awful operation.

Comment

This surprises me. Foyt is an awful operation.
                                Probably his only option given his age with so many young guns lurking.

Comment

Working...
                                X