Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Great to see Helio win! Bad news: rumor is Verizon is cutting its sponsorship in INDYCAR and next year is the final year as title sponsor as well. Good riddance as they never activated or acted like they gave a **** about INDYCAR at all.
    Verizon is there only because Penske got them to throw a bone to Indy car. It's very similar to the old FedEx sponsorship of CART (which Penske also put together). It didn't pay much and they never activated it, but the "PR" of having a "big name" sponsor helped the "status" of the sport.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Tata to Silverstone??

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...rstone-929424/
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        No.

People are going to so overreact to this, it's ridiculous.

Silverstone had to enact the break clause in order to keep their rights and options open under the contract. It's no different than when LeBron James opts out of his contract every year, because he can, and is better off to do so. It doesn't mean he's going to leave.

This doesn't mean Silverstone is going to leave F1 after 2019. It merely means they can now renegotiate their contract. F1 will not allow the British GP to go away. Worse case, it's moved somewhere else.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Castroneves is certainly doing his best to stay in the big leagues!

It's odd Kanaan has all but disappeared.

Great results at Silverstone, I'm so tired of Vettel and his attitude.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

@NESNFuel: Get ready for #F1 cars that look like flip-flops in 2018, as the FIA confirms the introduction of cockpit "halo." http://nesn.com/?p=749917 https://***********/NESNFuel/status/...827968/photo/1
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              @NESNFuel: Get ready for #F1 cars that look like flip-flops in 2018, as the FIA confirms the introduction of cockpit "halo." http://nesn.com/?p=749917 https://***********/NESNFuel/status/...827968/photo/1
              And a month from now, they will change their minds. Again...
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Bringing this thread back to the top. Pocono coming up in 10 days... leaving next Friday. Pretty freakin excited.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Good crowd at gateway.

What the hell is wrong with chip ganassi? I know he's kind of an ******* but at pocono there was some weirdness with chilton and tonight they give tk the axe despite the fact he could have possibly assisted his teammates. Something is very. Wrong with that team

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

And pagenaud ****ed at newgarden. This is going to be a nuts end to the season.

Great job Conor Daly in 5th. I'd like to see that kid at Andretti asap since Penske won't be hiring and ganassi couldn't care less about American drivers.

I'm going to miss helio, tk and Montoya. All can still race at the front but the new kids and economics are pushing them out

Comment

Not 100% open wheel racing, but just watched an incident that pretty clearly shows my Sage Karim should not get an open wheel ride. At the IMSA race at VIR, he made a few very BS moves on Kathrine Legg- starting with forcing her off the track when she was passing, ending with him brake checking multiple times in a corner letting his team mate by them both very easily.

I'd not want to put any money in that fool.

So much hope a few years ago, no head to go with the talent. Hope never to see you again in an Indycar, sage.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        Not 100% open wheel racing, but just watched an incident that pretty clearly shows my Sage Karim should not get an open wheel ride. At the IMSA race at VIR, he made a few very BS moves on Kathrine Legg- starting with forcing her off the track when she was passing, ending with him brake checking multiple times in a corner letting his team mate by them both very easily.

So much hope a few years ago, no head to go with the talent. Hope never to see you again in an Indycar, sage.
                        That's too bad🙁
                        I thought sage hadvtalent but you can't lose our head like that and think an open wheel seat will be available or likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          No.

People are going to so overreact to this, it's ridiculous.

Silverstone had to enact the break clause in order to keep their rights and options open under the contract. It's no different than when LeBron James opts out of his contract every year, because he can, and is better off to do so. It doesn't mean he's going to leave.

This doesn't mean Silverstone is going to leave F1 after 2019. It merely means they can now renegotiate their contract. F1 will not allow the British GP to go away. Worse case, it's moved somewhere else.
                          I don't see it moving, but who knows.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Did you see the interview with Mick Shank (owner of Legge's car) later on? Man, he ripped into Sage. I love the lines, "He will never drive for my team" and "There's a reason he no longer has a ride in Indy car." Ouch.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Did you see the interview with Mick Shank (owner of Legge's car) later on? Man, he ripped into Sage. I love the lines, "He will never drive for my team" and "There's a reason he no longer has a ride in Indy car." Ouch.
                              No, I missed that. But very expected.

We left for an event just after Sage served his 60 sec penalty.

It's too bad, given how fast he can be.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                No, I missed that. But very expected.

We left for an event just after Sage served his 60 sec penalty.

It's too bad, given how fast he can be.
                                Then you missed Sage's excuses in his interview. It was one for the ages...
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X