Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Of course, if a German had won, Frei would have been perfectly okay with it...

It is amazing how they just don't get it.
    BTW, I'd love to see a Muslim win it next year. Just to send all those bigots into apoplectic fits.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

BTW, I'd love to see a Muslim win it next year. Just to send all those bigots into apoplectic fits.
      Or someone from the LGBT community.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Of course, if a German had won, Frei would have been perfectly okay with it...

It is amazing how they just don't get it.
        An Italian owned the car. That's 2/3s of the Axis! In one car!!!!
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

In this climate, anyone from Mexico would do much of that, too. (And there's a better chance for that, right now)

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            In this climate, anyone from Mexico would do much of that, too. (And there's a better chance for that, right now)
            When Esteban Gutierrez gets tired of Formula E...
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              An Italian owned the car. That's 2/3s of the Axis! In one car!!!!
              I'm sure there was a German mechanic somewhere on that team...
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Check received by Takuma Sato dated May 29, 2017 -- $2.45 million.

Check received by Terry Frie dated May 29, 2017 -- $0.00.

Sucks to be a bigot...
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Well.... that was some experience. My son just kept telling me he thought he was dreaming. A few quick notes/thoughts. More coming later.
                  - Crowd wasn't as bad as I thought on Sunday. Traffic however was terrible as expected but only because it was terribly mismanaged.
                  - Lots of nice people in Indiana.
                  - Won VIP tickets from Indycar Nation to the Keith Urban show... let my son and wife go up there.
                  - Met Mark Miles and Douglas Boles, both really nice. Boles is impressive.
                  - Also met Emerson Fittipaldi in the fan zone with no one around him. Maybe I should have left him but he was nice for a pic and autograph. Legend!
                  - I wish they gave the drivers more time on the track on Carb Day
                  - Ed Jones was impressive as was Max Chilton. Alonso won ROY over Ed Jones, effing ridiculous. Also nice to see a Dale Coyne car do so well.
                  - Jack Harvey sucks and not only did he almost murder Dixon (plus huge impact to the standings) then he blamed it on RHR
                  - Honda should be gd ashamed of this fiasco and yet they are crowing about this victory.
                  - So happy for Sato. He's just so nice in person and will do a great job as the face of Indycar in these next 363 days. Funny that everyone talked about Alonso bringing over the F1 crowd and it will end up being Sato bringing over the Japan market.
                  - Would have liked to have seen this race at then end with Dixon involved plus the contenders that got hosed by Honda (RHR, Alonso, and even Kimball to some degree). That would have been insane.
                  - Have to tip your cap to Helio, the dude is a legend at the Brickyard. Man did the crowd love him too. Nice to see the other Penske drivers stink.
                  - Alonso was impressive.
                  - Andretti Autosport has been impressive.
                  - Love to see a guy like TK go right over to Sato on the victory lap and give him genuine love. TK is the greatest.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 05-30-2017, 11:20 AM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Well.... that was some experience. My son just kept telling me he thought he was dreaming. A few quick notes/thoughts. More coming later.
                    - Crowd wasn't as bad as I thought on Sunday. Traffic however was terrible as expected but only because it was terribly mismanaged....

...- Love to see a guy like TK go right over to Sato on the victory lap and give him genuine love. TK is the greatest.
                    Agree totally on TK. He really seems like one of sports true good guys. As well liked seeing Dario in victory lane offering congratulations to Sato, for much the same reason.

On the traffic, this is something that really perplexes me. Indy has been doing this for literally over a hundred years now. I have never been to a 500 but I attended the first 11 Brickyard 400s and for the first few we went the morning of the race and initially I was actually impressed with how they handled traffic, even with the huge crowds of attendees and hangers-on. But by around the 4th or 5th 400 it all went downhill. Traffic coming in was a nightmare. I had relatives who lived on 30th street a little more than a mile away from the gates. We could get to their house relatively easy from 1994-1997. After that it was a nightmare, and it got so bad we decided maybe it would be better to go down the night before. Same thing with exiting Indy afterwards. We always walked back to the relatives home and visited for a couple of hours after the race and left just after sundown. By then traffic was not an issue at all. But by 2000 even leaving 30th Street hours after the checkered flag, the traffic getting to 465 was still a nightmare. There were a number of reasons we stopped going (2004 was our last race there) but traffic headaches were chief among them.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Agree totally on TK. He really seems like one of sports true good guys. As well liked seeing Dario in victory lane offering congratulations to Sato, for much the same reason.

On the traffic, this is something that really perplexes me. Indy has been doing this for literally over a hundred years now. I have never been to a 500 but I attended the first 11 Brickyard 400s and for the first few we went the morning of the race and initially I was actually impressed with how they handled traffic, even with the huge crowds of attendees and hangers-on. But by around the 4th or 5th 400 it all went downhill. Traffic coming in was a nightmare. I had relatives who lived on 30th street a little more than a mile away from the gates. We could get to their house relatively easy from 1994-1997. After that it was a nightmare, and it got so bad we decided maybe it would be better to go down the night before. Same thing with exiting Indy afterwards. We always walked back to the relatives home and visited for a couple of hours after the race and left just after sundown. By then traffic was not an issue at all. But by 2000 even leaving 30th Street hours after the checkered flag, the traffic getting to 465 was still a nightmare. There were a number of reasons we stopped going (2004 was our last race there) but traffic headaches were chief among them.
                      Yea so we followed the plan they told us to using 30th street (we were parking IN the track on Turn 4). 1.1 miles to go we are there at 6:50 am and it took 2.5 hours to park from that point on. 5 LANES, and they have 2 lanes headed to the track and THREE LANES AWAY from it. Jesus Christ what Einsteen implemented this plan?

It was absolutely heinous. And apparently getting out was just as bad because Boles had actually tweeted that he was meeting with Speedway PD to figure out the problem leaving the north side of the track like it was worse than expected.
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Oh one last thing, we did have Alonso fly past us on his skateboard and we all thought it was one of the coolest things ever.

Comment

Impressive sweep by Rahal this weekend... dominating. Then he goes on his Saturday news conference and takes a massive dump right on Lewis Hamilton's face. I was always lukewarm about Rahal but now I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Impressive sweep by Rahal this weekend... dominating. Then he goes on his Saturday news conference and takes a massive dump right on Lewis Hamilton's face. I was always lukewarm about Rahal but now I like him.
                            What did he say? I know Tony Kanaan took a funny shot at Hamilton earlier in the week.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Hamilton said it was funny that Alonso could qualify 5th in a car he drives once a year.

Rahal said it must suck having to only race your teammate every week.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Hamilton said it was funny that Alonso could qualify 5th in a car he drives once a year.

Rahal said it must suck having to only race your teammate every week.
                                Pretty much what Kanaan said, too. :-)
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X