Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

2018 INDYCAR looks badass!!!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      2018 INDYCAR looks badass!!!
      I'm not completely enamored with the look, but it's a billion times better than what they got now.

Now, if they only add more power, they could return to what Indy cars were (and are supposed to be) back in the 90s.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I'm watching practice 2 at Monaco. There is a camera angle they have on Kimi's car which is down low by the front wing. I've seen this camera angle before, but at Monaco, holy cow, it's an amazing angle. It's probably the closest thing you'll get to experience driving a go kart. You literally get dizzy watching. Amazing.

I just don't get way people b*tch about Monaco. You don't watch it for the racing, because that usually sucks. You watch Monaco for the amazing driving ability these guys put out keeping these cars off the wall as fast as they go. I'm perfectly content with appreciating that kind of talent once in a while.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          I'm not completely enamored with the look, but it's a billion times better than what they got now.

Now, if they only add more power, they could return to what Indy cars were (and are supposed to be) back in the 90s.
          Agreed, add more HP and subtract some downforce (especially on ovals) and turn em' loose. That will separate the men from the boys quickly.

The new car is no Swift Chassis or Reynard in terms of looks (I can't remember what Villeneuve drove, was that a Reynard in 1995?) but it's a solar system better than what has been seen @ Indy since Montoya won his first imo.

RE: Monaco, you won't get an argument from me. I want passing but that track is far too narrow for that except in very small sections. Monaco is an amazing spectacle as you say because the talent (and balls) it takes to go that fast surrounded by walls that are entirely too close and the precarious sections running along the water and up the hill or through the tunnel even, it's a miracle, no actually it's a testament to skill that drivers don't get seriously injured or killed racing there in those rockets.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Another blown engine for Honda today. Yikes, if I'm Alonso or Dixon I'd be pretty worried about this situation.

It's likely Honda could lose 4-5 cars on race day due to these issues. And they haven't figured out the problem🙁

Comment

JESUS CHRIST!

That was horrific looking.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                JESUS CHRIST!

Terrible luck to get into that, but great luck to survive it. Pretty amazing.

Andretti, so far, has it going on- with 3 F1 drivers leading the race- Alonso, Rossi, and Sato. (While we wait for this red flag)

Comment

What a mess this race is. Bad wrecks, dumb wrecks, and Hondas blowing up.

The only difference between this race and any Grand Prix so far is that Fernando was fast. Other than that, same result, kablammo.

Comment

And Takuma Sato wins another 500 for Andretti Motorsports.

Comment

Fargin Jap bastages.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...id=mailsignout
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Per Deadspin, Terry Frei has been sacked.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Per Deadspin, Terry Frei has been sacked.
                          Guy can't keep track of his racism or his lies. Tweets that nothing is "specifically personal" then by way of explanation tells us his dad was a WWII vet serving in the Pacific. How much more personal can you get. At the end of the day racists aren't often the sharpest tools in the tool box.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            Guy can't keep track of his racism or his lies. Tweets that nothing is "specifically personal" then by way of explanation tells us his dad was a WWII vet serving in the Pacific. How much more personal can you get. At the end of the day racists aren't often the sharpest tools in the tool box.
                            Of course, if a German had won, Frei would have been perfectly okay with it...

It is amazing how they just don't get it.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              RE: Monaco, you won't get an argument from me. I want passing but that track is far too narrow for that except in very small sections. Monaco is an amazing spectacle as you say because the talent (and balls) it takes to go that fast surrounded by walls that are entirely too close and the precarious sections running along the water and up the hill or through the tunnel even, it's a miracle, no actually it's a testament to skill that drivers don't get seriously injured or killed racing there in those rockets.
                              Watch the F2 races (formerly GP2). If you missed them on NBCSN, you can catch them online. They had some interesting passes. And some interesting failures...

In fact, F2 has been simply amazing this year. Their Spanish races were edge of the seat stuff. F2 might actually be the best open wheel series in the world right now.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                JESUS CHRIST!

If his car had rotated just a little bit more before landing on the wall, we would have had a Greg Moore situation.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X