Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    @Motorsport: Sad news: Rally legend and ‘Flying Finn’ Timo Makinen dies #RIP #WRC
    https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...en-dies-901958 https://***********/Motorsport/statu...121857/photo/1
    I never realized he was that old. An absolute legend.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Remember when Al Unser, Sr. hit the rabbit during the race?

The rabbit tried to do a head fake to a car coming at it at 200 mph. I kid you not.
      When we went to my first face at Pocono in 2015 (the Justin Wilson race) we had a yellow for what appeared to be no reason. Only when we got home did my Father-in-law send us the link to the fox crossing the track in front of Pippa Mann (I think) which was cause for the yellow. Code Brown for Pippa.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        But getting out there were at least five or six people who ran out of gas. I'm guessing it was three hours plus.
        Mental note, fill gas tank after Indy arrival. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Haha. Yeah, people probably made that same mistake. It's easy to do when you're not thinking about the doomsday traffic situation that happens after.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Haha. Yeah, people probably made that same mistake. It's easy to do when you're not thinking about the doomsday traffic situation that happens after.
            That almost happened to us at Indy's first USGP.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

In the FIRST practice session, Fernando Alonso made it as far as the THIRD corner on the FIRST lap before the engine started puking (more like gushing) oil out of it.

I have no other words...
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

So in the race where Fernando has the best chance of winning all season- he's "pre qualified" in the top 9, so he gets to go for the Pole at Indy tomorrow.

One of quite a few over 230, but none of them hugely over 230. Most of the top 9 were Hondas, too. Ironic considering how slow they are in Fernando's McLaren.

Should be fun tomorrow.

In other news, Sebastian Bourdais had a GREAT run going, until he got loose, and crashed hard in turn 2. Broken pelvis. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  In other news, Sebastian Bourdais had a GREAT run going, until he got loose, and crashed hard in turn 2. Broken pelvis. Ugh.
                  Scary looking crash. Really scary. The angle he hit the wall, as well as how much speed he was still carrying... Thank God for safer walls and the advancements made in chassis technology over the last decade or so. Had that crash happened even during the late 90s, Bourdais may very well not be alive right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Scary looking crash. Really scary. The angle he hit the wall, as well as how much speed he was still carrying... Thank God for safer walls and the advancements made in chassis technology over the last decade or so. Had that crash happened even during the late 90s, Bourdais may very well not be alive right now.
                    Yeah, the estimate is he hit the wall at 227 to 230 mph at 100g's...
                    Robin Miller compared it to Gordon Smiley's fatal crash and that emphasized just how far INDY has come with safety. HANS device, safer barrier, chassis tubs that withstand incredible hits.

Thank god Sebass is going to make a full recovery. Unfortunately he may be out for the year.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Did you see the track marks before he crashed? Another driver hit that EXACT same spot and went into the wall. Same angle, same spot. There might be an issue with the track there.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Did you see the track marks before he crashed? Another driver hit that EXACT same spot and went into the wall. Same angle, same spot. There might be an issue with the track there.
                        Given what the drivers all said- it was the weather. Some unexpected gusts pushed them out, or actually didn't give them downforce.

Great qualifying- Dixon really pulled one out of nowhere.

And Alonso qualified 5th. When was the last time he was inbetween two drivers?

Comment

I'm a bit worried for Fernando Alonso with regard to turn 1 lap 1....Sato and Hildebrand are complete idiots on-track (how many needless accidents have they caused?)...I hope Michael, Mario, Gil, Ryan, Marco et al warn Fernando to stay out of any fight on-track between those two morons. Let em' (Sato and J.R.)take each other out in the first corner and thenslide past and gain 4th position by turn 2 or the back straight.

Row 1

1) Scott Dixon - 232.164 mph

2) Ed Carpenter - 231.664 mph

3) Alexander Rossi - 231.487 mph

Row 2

4) Takuma Sato - 231.365 mph - idiot

5) Fernando Alonso - 231.300 mph

6) JR Hildebrand - 230.889 mph - idiot

Row 3

7) Tony Kanaan - 230.828 mph

8) Marco Andretti - 230.474 mph

9) Will Power - 230.200 mph - ******

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I noticed this too! Freaky.

Real bummed not only that Bourdais, who may have been a good contender and was having a good season, just had everything go south. Bigger bummer was that Stef Wilson was not used as his backup.

Anyway, hilarious news. Scorching Scott Dixon goes and wins the pole and then hits up Taco Bell last night with Dario and Emma and they got robbed at gunpoint. Needless to say I won't be visiting that area. Plan is to depart MASS around dinner time and drive the full run to Indy to make it there for gate open for Carb day.

Alonso looks good! As does Rossi.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Great qualifying- Dixon really pulled one out of nowhere.
                              Well IDK about that. When they said Ganassi was going in two different directions with Dixon and Kanaan and it didn't go well for TK I had a feeling we were going to see some serious ***** laid down on Dixon's laps.

I am enjoying seeing all the news go to Chip and Andretti drivers. Getting sick of Penske.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Well IDK about that. When they said Ganassi was going in two different directions with Dixon and Kanaan and it didn't go well for TK I had a feeling we were going to see some serious ***** laid down on Dixon's laps.

I am enjoying seeing all the news go to Chip and Andretti drivers. Getting sick of Penske.
                                Fair enough- "nowhere' is stretch- but I expected Sato and Rossi to be there, since Takuma did so well Saturday (and hoped Alonso would pick that up, too). And expected more out of Sato given the improvements that Rossi and Alonso showed. But it was team Genassi that put it better together.

In addition to that, it was good to see Carpenter do well vs. Penske- the best two Chevys. With Carpenter and Hildibrand better than the Penske fleet, pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X