Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Phoenix race sucked. Can I ask a question? They close the pits in Indycar during yellows right? But if you're a lap up on the field or something it is open? Because Pagenaud was able to pit during the yellow. That whole caution portion of the race confused me.

Pagenaud has had some serious luck in the past 2 seasons. On the flip side, Hunter-Reay simply cannot get a break. Brutal.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Phoenix race sucked. Can I ask a question? They close the pits in Indycar during yellows right? But if you're a lap up on the field or something it is open? Because Pagenaud was able to pit during the yellow. That whole caution portion of the race confused me.

Pagenaud has had some serious luck in the past 2 seasons. On the flip side, Hunter-Reay simply cannot get a break. Brutal.
      Pits are only closed for the beginning of a yellow. They do open at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        INDYCAR needs to overhaul their short-oval package completely. The fans in phoenix should get a refund.
        Robin Miller wrote in racer.com they had a solution. Indy car chose to ignore it...
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          Robin Miller wrote in racer.com they had a solution. Indy car chose to ignore it...
          Just saw that. Miller is spot on. I know there's not a lot of money in the series these days but they've got to open up the coffers at 16th and Georgetown a bit to get this series back on track. Short ovals used to be fun to watch, now they're worse than street courses which have improved dramatically.

The time for INDY to make a move to be a big boy again is NOW. They've got to take advantage of the decline of nascar and the movement to a new chassis, new tv package and the onset of new talent and new teams coming.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

If you have time to watch- Fernando's first test is streaming- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXh9uxthFnk

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              If you have time to watch- Fernando's first test is streaming- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXh9uxthFnk
              That was fantastic! When I first tuned in YouTube said 200,000 people were watching, at some point there were over 1,000,000 people watching?!?!?

Jesus, that's well over race day numbers for all races except INDY.

The 500 is going to have a huge boost again this year, maybe a 2nd consecutive sell-out?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

That was fantastic! When I first tuned in YouTube said 200,000 people were watching, at some point there were over 1,000,000 people watching?!?!?
                Jesus, that's well over race day numbers for all races except INDY.
                The 500 is going to have a huge boost again this year, maybe a 2nd consecutive sell-out?
                IDK about a sell out but I saw on reddit that someone did the google analytics of "Indy 500 tickets" and the spike on the day of Alonso's announcement was huge. From all accounts this will prob not match next year's under any circumstance. But I also saw yesterday that IMS president said that ticket sales surpassed the previous 20 years with the exception of last year. It was reported that over 1M people viewed the Alonso test. Not sure if that was at the same time, probably a total cumulatively. Still huge. It's crazy to see what the Alonso phenomenon is like.

I'm pumped but still somewhat freaked out by going to this event with so many people (traffic, bathrooms, food, etc). I picked up my new car Tuesday night so we now have our Indy touring vehicle.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

BTW did you guys see the video of Alonso hitting the two birds in his test yesterday?

They in heaven now.

Comment

The TV ratings went DOWN last year...
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

I'm pumped but still somewhat freaked out by going to this event with so many people (traffic, bathrooms, food, etc). I picked up my new car Tuesday night so we now have our Indy touring vehicle.
                      Indianapolis is used to handling 500 traffic. They essentially turn everything into one way to the track and then one way out of the track.

I can't vouch for the food and bathrooms....
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

BTW did you guys see the video of Alonso hitting the two birds in his test yesterday?

They in heaven now.
                        HOLY ****! I'm dying laughing right now. It was like watching a pair of rockets lift off.

If you look carefully, it was *POOF* Then two white streaks come firing out of the wheel areas.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Indianapolis is used to handling 500 traffic. They essentially turn everything into one way to the track and then one way out of the track.

I can't vouch for the food and bathrooms....
                          COTA did that too. It's still a disaster getting out after the race though. Getting in is easy if you go see all of the early action; I drove right in. But getting out there were at least five or six people who ran out of gas. I'm guessing it was three hours plus.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The TV ratings went DOWN last year...
                            I meant for attendance and write-ups. I should have clarified

Comment

@Motorsport: Sad news: Rally legend and ‘Flying Finn’ Timo Makinen dies #RIP #WRC
                              https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...en-dies-901958 https://***********/Motorsport/statu...121857/photo/1
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They in heaven now.
                                Remember when Al Unser, Sr. hit the rabbit during the race?

The rabbit tried to do a head fake to a car coming at it at 200 mph. I kid you not.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X