Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Were the attacks planned for political reasons?

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...ll-with-brazil
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Were the attacks planned for political reasons?

http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints...ll-with-brazil
      This cracks me up:

The cancelled Pirelli Formula 1 tyre test meant McLaren reserve Lando Norris effectively flew all the way from Britain to Brazil this week just to take a bath.

The 18-year-old, racing in this weekend’s Macau F3 race, told reporters he was soaking in the bathtub after arriving in Sao Paulo when the two-day test at Interlagos was cancelled for security reasons.

The Formula Three European champion then flew back to Paris, on to Shanghai and Macau.

“I had just got to the hotel in Brazil and was having a nice bath,” he told Reuters on Thursday after securing provisional pole position in Macau.

”I was reading the instruction manual to get used to all the buttons on the steering wheel of the McLaren as it takes quite a bit of time to get used to. Then I got the call that it got cancelled.

“So I went back to having my bath… I can say that I literally went to Brazil for a bath. If anyone asks what is my best travel tale, it’s going to Brazil for a bath.”
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

NESN.com quotes David Hobbs on the switch of broadcast to E$PN. He is not happy. In fact, he's piffed off.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          NESN.com quotes David Hobbs on the switch of broadcast to E$PN. He is not happy. In fact, he's piffed off.
          He's 100% right.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

lots of time before the 2018 season.

But Alfa Romeo livery is returning to F1 on Sauber https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...livery-985172/

Even though, they are trying to convince us that this is really a technical partnership, they are very clearly the Ferrari Jr team. Full with engines AND drivers.

Very ironic that Alfa is a Jr team of Ferrari.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              lots of time before the 2018 season.

But Alfa Romeo livery is returning to F1 on Sauber https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...livery-985172/

Even though, they are trying to convince us that this is really a technical partnership, they are very clearly the Ferrari Jr team. Full with engines AND drivers.

Very ironic that Alfa is a Jr team of Ferrari.
              If you owned an Alfa and a Ferrari, which one would be the junior car? :-)
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                If you owned an Alfa and a Ferrari, which one would be the junior car? :-)
                Depends on what Alfa you are talking about. If I had an 8C2900, or any Alfa of that era, there are no Ferraris that eclipse those cars. And the non V12 Ferraris of the 50's were not that special, relative to some Alfas. It really wasn't until Enzo beat Alfa in F1 that he really took off.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Depends on what Alfa you are talking about. If I had an 8C2900, or any Alfa of that era, there are no Ferraris that eclipse those cars. And the non V12 Ferraris of the 50's were not that special, relative to some Alfas. It really wasn't until Enzo beat Alfa in F1 that he really took off.
                  And of course, Enzo used to run the Alfa racing team before breaking off on his own. I love when I see the Prancing Horse symbol on an Alfa pre-war Grand Prix car.

P.S. I once got to drive a Maserati Coupe M128 GT at Virginia International Raceway. It had a Ferrari engine. Sweetest sound I ever heard in my life!
                  Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 12-06-2017, 09:12 AM.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

This one is for TimothyA and any Penske or Senna fans!
                    https://youtu.be/YtOi7p58wkI

Are you kidding me? in 20 laps Senna was .5 faster than Fittipaldi? Wow!

https://youtu.be/SiYO2oTdRaA
                    Last edited by solovsfett; 12-20-2017, 07:59 PM.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

RIP Dan Gurney.

51 wins in 312 starts so he won roughly 1 out of every 6 starts over multiple categories, just unbelievable.

If he'd have stuck with a factory team in F1 he'd have wasted the competition.

Salut Dan.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        RIP Dan Gurney.

51 wins in 312 starts so he won roughly 1 out of every 6 starts over multiple categories, just unbelievable.

If he'd have stuck with a factory team in F1 he'd have wasted the competition.

Salut Dan.
                        Sad, sad day.

He was often asked about what you mentioned, and he always said something along the lines of to him, racing was not just about the driving, but the designing and building of the cars as well. He got pleasure out of the whole aspect of racing, so he never considered the lack of championships as any sort of regret.

As far as I care, if his 1967 Belgium GP win in his own Eagle was the only racing accomplishment he ever had, he would still go down as one of the all time greats.

I met him at Nazareth when he was running his own CART team. He was signing autographs as if he was one of the drivers, not a car owner. That's how much in demand he was from the fans.

And of course, it was his White Paper that ultimately led to the creation of CART (which BTW, many people do not realize that the intent of his White Paper was not to create a revolution and breakaway series, but to get USAC off their butts and do something about the sport beyond Indy; when they didn't acknowledge anything stated in his White Paper, that's when the other car owners took it upon themselves to revolt), which to this day I consider to have been the greatest open wheel race series in the history of the sport.

Let's also not forget, every spraying of champagne from the podium is a homage to Dan.

You will never be forgotten, Dan.
                        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-15-2018, 08:29 AM.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Oh, also at Jim Clark's funeral, Jim's father went up to Gurney, and told him he was the only driver Jim Clark ever feared.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Sad, sad day.

He was often asked about what you mentioned, and he always said something along the lines of to him, racing was not just about the driving, but the designing and building of the cars as well. He got pleasure out of the whole aspect of racing, so he never considered the lack of championships as any sort of regret.

As far as I care, if his 1967 Belgium GP win in his own Eagle was the only racing accomplishment he ever had, he would still go down as one of the all time greats.

I met him at Nazareth when he was running his own CART team. He was signing autographs as if he was one of the drivers, not a car owner. That's how much in demand he was from the fans.

And of course, it was his White Paper that ultimately led to the creation of CART (which BTW, many people do not realize that the intent of his White Paper was not to create a revolution and breakaway series, but to get USAC off their butts and do something about the sport beyond Indy; when they didn't acknowledge anything stated in his White Paper, that's when the other car owners took it upon themselves to revolt), which to this day I consider to have been the greatest open wheel race series in the history of the sport.

Let's also not forget, every spraying of champagne from the podium is a homage to Dan.

You will never be forgotten, Dan.
                            Oh yeah, champagne after winning in Le Mans then wins In Belgium a week later. Beat the Nascar regulars 5 consecutive years at Riverside and won 7 of 28 INDYCAR starts.

And...was the one driver Jim Clark feared (according to Clarks father). Man that's the highest compliment you can get!!!

Oh yeah, and he won the cannonball run in 1971

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Oh, also at Jim Clark's funeral, Jim's father went up to Gurney, and told him he was the only driver Jim Clark ever feared.
                              Oops, just saw this.

Comment

Question: why does A.J. Foyt constantly **** talk Mario Andretti? He can't even talk about Gurney without taking a shot at Mario.

He sounds like a redneck fool. He's lucky Mario spent several years pursuing F1 or he'd be looking up the all-time wins list at M. Andretti.

Comment

Working...
                                X