Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2017, more wings and tires

Bahrain GP: what a f------ great race! This season keeps getting better and better.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

That was actually an interesting race.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Bahrain GP: what a f------ great race! This season keeps getting better and better.
        This is going to be a fun season.

Comment

Bill Monger crash in Formula 4. Last I saw, he's in the hospital, but OK.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Bill Monger crash in Formula 4. Last I saw, he's in the hospital, but OK.
            OK is a relative term. It took 90 minutes to get him out of the car because they were trying to save his legs. They did. For now... :-(
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              OK is a relative term. It took 90 minutes to get him out of the car because they were trying to save his legs. They did. For now... :-(
              Like I feared, anything but OK.

https://www.motorsport.com/formula4/news/monger-loses-both-lower-legs-after-donington-f4-crash-895833/
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Interesting news conference at barber with Alonso, Zak Brown and Andretti.

Brown seems to want Mclaren entries in the 500 an annual event.

Alonso for his part has a hilarious response when asked about F1 drivers responses "some are not happy with anything in life..."😈

Gotta admit I'm getting very excited for Indy but more so for the future of INDYCAR with new cars coming and a new tv contract coming and Steinbrenner, Carlin and Mclaren likely coming on-board soon.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Definitely agree that Indycar is moving in the right direction. They seem to be receptive to the input from their stakeholders, all of whom have incentive to make Indycar better. NASCAR is on the downswing so this is a good time to keep moving the needle in the right direction for Indy.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Definitely agree that Indycar is moving in the right direction. They seem to be receptive to the input from their stakeholders, all of whom have incentive to make Indycar better. NASCAR is on the downswing so this is a good time to keep moving the needle in the right direction for Indy.
                    Not open wheel racing, but related to this post- Dale Jr is going to retire at the end of this season.

Can IndyCar take advantage of this HUGE star leaving the other series?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Not open wheel racing, but related to this post- Dale Jr is going to retire at the end of this season.

I think they can. Push the new car, get the new tv contract settled with all races on NBC, start promoting drivers and their stories over minutiae like reds vs black tires or aero kits no-one cares about.

Scott Dixon is within the top 6 all-time in victories, Newgaden is the next Mears, Bourdais is back with a vengeance, Hinchcliffe is on the rise, there are many stories to tell...inclufing Colton Herta with 2 wins and a 2nd in his first 4 Indy lights races, and as mentioned below, Steinbrenner, Mclaren etc

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Absolutely! I think it plays right into the hands of the momentum Indycar is building and that NASCAR seems to be losing. Looks like the tv ratings doubled over last year's numbers for HIGPA.

Comment

That was a hell of a "finnish" today.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

INDYCAR needs to overhaul their short-oval package completely. The fans in phoenix should get a refund.

Comment

What happened?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                What happened?
                                It was about as interesting in terms of passing as the F1 race from Russia was.

Which shouldn't happen on a circle track.

(we will ignore the problem that some very badly timed yellows messed up the competition massively- most of the field got lapped thanks to a badly timed yellow)

Comment

Working...
                                X