D3 championship weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    I haven't seen an unwarranted penalty yet. Or is that how Plattsburgh wins all those games? Hooking and checking there way while refs look the other way?
    Ironically Plattsburgh wins it in OT on a power play

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: D3 championship weekend

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      They're normally very clean and disciplined. They've taken some uncharacteristic penalties tonight.
      This has been a problem with any NCAA games Men's or Women's for the last 40 years of my watching. The problem is the referees are never from the conferences of the teams playing and have not seen either team or even any team from either conference during the season. I understand the need for neutral officials but the NCAA needs to find a solution to this on going issue.
      4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
      SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Congratulations Plattsburgh!
        Clarkson Golden Knights Men
        10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
        5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
        21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
        ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
        ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
        12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
        National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          Ironically Plattsburgh wins it in OT on a power play
          A highly warranted power play. 20 seconds....20 f-ing seconds and the west would finally win one.

Oh well...it will be fun arguing with crosscheck about it next year.
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Plattsburgh beats the best team in the West on their ice with refs eating the home cooking. What a game! Congrats to Adrian on a great season. It's a shame we had officiating issues marring what would be a classic otherwise and in many ways still is.

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
              This has been a problem with any NCAA games Men's or Women's for the last 40 years of my watching. The problem is the referees are never from the conferences of the teams playing and have not seen either team or even any team from either conference during the season. I understand the need for neutral officials but the NCAA needs to find a solution to this on going issue.
              A penalty is a penalty. Maybe the ECAC-W refs let them get away with that stuff...or maybe they're just not used to playing teams that are equally matched with them and they didn't know what to do. There wasn't one unjustified penalty in that game. Especially when you look at the fact the two players had 8 of Plattsburgh's penalties; Plattsburgh was struggling.

But they pulled it off. Congrats to them. They are a great team. Hopefully, some posters will acknowledge that Adrian is a pretty **** good team too. I know some of you will...the idiots won't though
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                Plattsburgh was struggling.
                If Plattsburgh was struggling it was because they were playing shorthanded for so long. Most of those penalties were not the type called because they were being out played. If anything the teams were relatively evenly matched.

If you can't seal the deal when your opponent commits 14 penalties, and you had an extended 5v3 that turned into a 6v3, then you shouldn't win the game. Add in the fact they let someone go to the goal with 20 seconds left while on a powerplay and you have to wonder what it would have been like w/o all of the penalties.
                Oswego vs. Plattsburgh:

Rivalry? What Rivalry?

Comment

Originally posted by RedbirdFan View Post
                  If Plattsburgh was struggling it was because they were playing shorthanded for so long. Most of those penalties were not the type called because they were being out played. If anything the teams were relatively evenly matched.

If you can't seal the deal when your opponent commits 14 penalties, and you had an extended 5v3 that turned into a 6v3, then you shouldn't win the game. Add in the fact they let someone go to the goal with 20 seconds left while on a powerplay and you have to wonder what it would have been like w/o all of the penalties.
                  But the penalties did happen. I think the Adrian players are good at putting themselves into a position to draw penalties. I don't know many teams that aren't "struggling" that hook and check and trip over and over again.

I knew Plattsburgh was gonna win on that power play, and pretty much going into overtime. Adrian could barely skate anymore after about 5 minutes of the over time. Just too much in two days. I'm not gonna go back on forth on this anymore. You guys won...stop whining about the refs. Congrats to Plattsburgh....thats quite the dynasty they got going over there.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                    But the penalties did happen. I think the Adrian players are good at putting themselves into a position to draw penalties. I don't know many teams that aren't "struggling" that hook and check and trip over and over again.

I knew Plattsburgh was gonna win on that power play, and pretty much going into overtime. Adrian could barely skate anymore after about 5 minutes of the over time. Just too much in two days. I'm not gonna go back on forth on this anymore. You guys won...stop whining about the refs. Congrats to Plattsburgh....thats quite the dynasty they got going over there.
                    The best team won but I will also say that Adrian isn't just the best team in the West...they're the best team in D3 that isn't Plattsburgh. I felt Plattsburgh just got undisciplined with their sticks tonight compared to how they normally play and I honestly felt they deserved most if not all of their penalties. It was just frustrating to watch a game that where every time a penalty ended another seemed to be called but if you deserve the penalty the refs have to call it as they see it. For as good as Lupi is it sure seems she is easy to knock down...she spent a lot of time falling to the ice whenever she was touched but that could be because when you're flying at full speed with your upper body bent too far forward past your toes like she does you're also easier to knock off balance. She sure is fun to watch though. Lewicki is also a treat to watch. On the other side of the puck, Sheeran is the best player on the ice and can control the play when she wants to or so it seems. Songin is a workhorse that any coach would love to have. Millen's got great speed and is a gifted puckhandler. Love watching Lipson especially shorthanded. Brand is a clutch scorer. But the savior for Plattsburgh today is Duquette taking charge of a moment in time and making the most of it with her first goal of the season and final goal of her collegiate career...she's the real hero!

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      Sheeran is the best player on the ice and can control the play when she wants to or so it seems. !
                      Sheeran's goal was very nice
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

The sad part was there were a lot of names during the presentation on both teams that I don't think I heard once during the game. How many players on each team never saw the ice once tonight? I feel for those players. I did hear the announcers say that both coaches were mostly going with two lines throughout the game but still if you're dressed to play you want to play and help your team. Must be a weird feeling to win a National Championship without having touched the ice one time during the game.

Comment

Congrats Plattsburgh - all players, Coaches Houle and Blanchard. You are without a doubt the class of D3 women's hockey, and have been for a very long time. This is without a doubt a dynasty now and will be looked back on as historically, the best run in NCAA D3 hockey - men's or women's. I hesitated to use the "D" word before the game as I didn't want to jinx the team, but now Dynasty, your name is Plattsburgh! Congrats to everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                            Does Plattsburgh always hook this much?
                            Plattsburgh had only 3 hooking calls. Adrian had two. Not much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              The sad part was there were a lot of names during the presentation on both teams that I don't think I heard once during the game. How many players on each team never saw the ice once tonight? I feel for those players. I did hear the announcers say that both coaches were mostly going with two lines throughout the game but still if you're dressed to play you want to play and help your team. Must be a weird feeling to win a National Championship without having touched the ice one time during the game.
                              Having been at the game, I saw all 4 of Plattsburgh's lines in the 1st and 2nd, though I will admit to not seeing much of the 4th line after that. But Houle was absolutely rolling 3 lines all through the game, even in OT. So either you and the announcers weren't paying attention, or y'all were smoking something good...
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                Having been at the game, I saw all 4 of Plattsburgh's lines in the 1st and 2nd, though I will admit to not seeing much of the 4th line after that. But Houle was absolutely rolling 3 lines all through the game, even in OT. So either you and the announcers weren't paying attention, or y'all were smoking something good...
                                Or they never touched the puck so the announcer had no cause to call their names. I don't smoke anything good, bad, or otherwise, and I was paying attention, so I'll put it on the announcer.

Comment

Working...
                                X