D3 championship weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pucko View Post
    Adrian loses 10 seniors and besides Lupi, all their offense and goaltending. Will be very interesting to see how they do next year!
    I dare say they won't do as well. This might have been their best shot at the title. Who knows when they'll be able to repeat this year's performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      Clarkson University beat Wisconsin 3-0 for the D1 Championship today ! Two Northern New York Schools 90 miles apart win both Championships for Women's Hockey. Congrats to both.
      Must be some sort of winning ingredient they put in the food in their respective dining halls.

Comment

Clarkson University beat Wisconsin 3-0 for the D1 Championship today ! Two Northern New York Schools 90 miles apart win both Championships for Women's Hockey. Congrats to both.
        Don't forget that they're both D3 schools, and the last time Clarkson won, the Union men did the same, sweeping all 4 titles for the D3 schools
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Re: D3 championship weekend

Late to the party...but want to give my congratulations to Plattsburgh. Never thought I would see the end of Middlebury's dominance (men and women), which is what I remember from my Plattsburgh days. Things look so much better from our side of Lake Champlain! Hope the men will claim another title again soon. Do not understand why Plattsburgh did not host the tournament? Must be a simple explanation.

For the game, thought Adrian had the precision passing from the first whistle. Penalties were very undisciplined for the Cardinals, but Adrian was 0-10 against Gustavus Adolphus and it hurt them throughout the tournament. Perhaps the experience of having been here before made the difference for Plattsburgh. The highlight-reel ending in regulation and then OT winner left me speechless.

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Don't forget that they're both D3 schools, and the last time Clarkson won, the Union men did the same, sweeping all 4 titles for the D3 schools
          Interesting! I think by being D-III yet having D-I hockey as their crowned jewel, they are in a unique class all to themselves. Add RPI and St. Lawrence to that mix as well. Union has a new women's coach and finally won a few games this season...And congrats to Clarkson. Any ECAC team that wins a title against a power conference to help dispel that lingering EZAC monniker/image deserves a lot of credit!
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Watched the game and I'm glad to see the west finally getting their act together and starting to challenge the east. Although not really sure I'd consider Michigan that far west...
            SHU Class of 2000. Heck at least I realize AH isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
              Do not understand why Plattsburgh did not host the tournament? Must be a simple explanation.
              The NCAA decided they wanted it hosted out West at least once every four years. This was the year since it had been in Plattsburgh for 3 straight years since Superior, WI in 2013.

Originally posted by SHUCrosscheck View Post
              Watched the game and I'm glad to see the west finally getting their act together and starting to challenge the east. Although not really sure I'd consider Michigan that far west...
              I didn't think it was far West either, then I drove it!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                Very true...but as long as I can remember...Clarkson has played D1 hockey and D3 in other sports. Not sure when Union went D1 in hockey, but I remember when the Plattsburgh men played them year after year in D3.
                Last edited by Birdwatcher; 03-20-2017, 10:14 AM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Very true...but as long as I can remember...Clarkson has played D1 hockey and D3 in other sports. Not sure when Union went D1 in hockey, but I remember when the Plattsburgh men played them year after year in D3.
                  In our 1st 2 years (03-04 & 04-05), we played Plattsburgh.

IIRC the last time our men played Plattsburgh, we lost.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    In our 1st 2 years (03-04 & 04-05), we played Plattsburgh.

IIRC the last time our men played Plattsburgh, we lost.
                    Are you talking Clarkson? I believe Plattsburgh lost the last men's meeting. Cheer had recently opened and Plattsburgh was leading or tied but then Clarkson took over.

Jan 20 1992
                    Plattsburgh 2
                    Clarkson 6
                    Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-20-2017, 10:36 AM.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Does anyone have highlights of the goals or last goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CardFan View Post
                        Does anyone have highlights of the goals or last goal?

Goals from the championship (preceded by the 3rd place game goals) have been posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                          Goals from the championship (preceded by the 3rd place game goals) have been posted here.
                          Thank you! Just awesome! What a class act these Cardinals are!

Comment

Working...
                          X