No announcement yet.

D3 championship weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite names of the weekend.....Tzafaroglou and Schwenzfeier.....loved hearing the sound of those names during the play-by-play.....just awesome!

Comment

• Re: D3 championship weekend

Plattsburgh loses six seniors today and the last of the Canadian content on the team. Going to be interesting to see how Houle reloads and if he can convince any Canadians to join the dynasty. D3 hockey continues to grow and be watered down. To me it's become a two-team league, with the rest fighting for respectability.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        Plattsburgh loses six seniors today and the last of the Canadian content on the team. Going to be interesting to see how Houle reloads and if he can convince any Canadians to join the dynasty. D3 hockey continues to grow and be watered down. To me it's become a two-team league, with the rest fighting for respectability.
        Fadel is from Ontario...
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

The issue with the refs was inconsistency. What was an infraction for Plattsburgh, the same infraction was not for Adrian. Plus not having video review especially on the Platts goal or in this case no goal in the 3rd, is beyond me. This is a NCAA Final and that goal if it was one, would have changed the perplexity of the game. In speaking with the folks behind the glass, they thought it was in. More importantly the goal judge did as well. NCAA needs to fix this. It's the 21st century for crying out loud.
          Last edited by Bar Down; 03-19-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
            The issue with the refs was inconsistency. What was an infraction for Plattsburgh, the same infraction was not for Adrian. Plus not having video review especially on the Platts goal or in this case no goal in the 3rd, is beyond me. This is a NCAA Final and that goal if it was one, would have changed the perplexity of the game. In speaking with the folks behind the glass, they thought it was in. More importantly the goal judge did as well. NCAA needs to fix this. It's the 21st century for crying out loud.
            If it makes you feel better...they showed the replay multiple times on the video feed and it was not a goal. It clearly hit the far post and came off. They also said that there was a replay official...and it showed the refs talking to that official after the Adrian goal...which replay showed going into the net and coming out. So the Plattsburgh no-goal was replayed by the officials and deemed not a goal.
            Last edited by gojackets; 03-19-2017, 01:15 PM.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Change the perplexity of the game? Do you mean change the complexion of the game? Either way, as jackets said, it was clearly not a goal by Plattsburgh.....the ref was standing right there in great position to see it ding off the post without any question...great immediate wave-off. Plattsburgh won in a great game...the best final I can recall in fact...one for the ages really, so stop complaining.

Comment

OK... was sitting in the stands and didn't have the luxury of watching reply. That said, neither did the refs. Perhaps I missed it if they did. Saw them conference but that was it.

Comment

LOL ... yes complexity !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bar Down View Post
                    OK... was sitting in the stands and didn't have the luxury of watching reply. That said, neither did the refs. Perhaps I missed it if they did. Saw them conference but that was it.
                    The ref was standing right next to it and saw it.
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                      Ya, see my post at 1:19. I already said the same thing. The correct call was made and there wasn't any question about it. The Plattsburgh coach didn't complain at the time either so there ya have it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        The refs were conferencing with the goal judge on the side of the Ice opposite the scorer's box, and then immediately went into position for the face off,so I'm not quite sure when this supposedly occurred. Either way, if they did in fact review it, some kind of announcement to let the fans in the stands know would have been appreciated... In the end, it didn't decide the champion, so we move on and hopefully learn from the experience.

In the end, all 4 teams played fantastically this weekend, and they all deserved much better officiating than they got. Between the officiating, the unannounced/inconsistent ticketing procedures, and the very biased (and sometimes clearly bored) PA announcer (which violates the host operations guidelines - not that Plattsburgh's PA guy is any better at neutrality), I walked away with some complaints about the fan experience. But I don't regret making the trip at all, and I look forward to seeing how Adrian can improve the next time they host one of these.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                          The refs were conferencing with the goal judge on the side of the Ice opposite the scorer's box, and then immediately went into position for the face off,so I'm not quite sure when this supposedly occurred. Either way, if they did in fact review it, some kind of announcement to let the fans in the stands know would have been appreciated... In the end, it didn't decide the champion, so we move on and hopefully learn from the experience.

In the end, all 4 teams played fantastically this weekend, and they all deserved much better officiating than they got. Between the officiating, the unannounced/inconsistent ticketing procedures, and the very biased (and sometimes clearly bored) PA announcer (which violates the host operations guidelines - not that Plattsburgh's PA guy is any better at neutrality), I walked away with some complaints about the fan experience. But I don't regret making the trip at all, and I look forward to seeing how Adrian can improve the next time they host one of these.
                          Both goals were reviewed after the Adrian Goal. That is why the goal light remained on in the Adrian defensive end until a stoppage, which happened to be the Adrain goal. This was explain the broadcast.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            I was referencing during live action. The ref was standing next to the goal and immediately signaled no goal which means he/she was sure it didn't go in. After the Adrian goal they went and spoke to the review official. They then went and spoke to both coaches. And neither coach was upset.

I'm sure once Adrian hosts 6 or 7 times they will be good too.
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Adrian loses 10 seniors and besides Lupi, all their offense and goaltending. Will be very interesting to see how they do next year!

Comment

Clarkson University beat Wisconsin 3-0 for the D1 Championship today ! Two Northern New York Schools 90 miles apart win both Championships for Women's Hockey. Congrats to both.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X