Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 147

Thread: D3 championship weekend

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    987

    D3 championship weekend

    Well, I'm glad I didn't place any bets on my predictions for today's quarter-final games. Lol. I barely got one right. Ok, new prediction for the semis.....Plattsburgh and Adrian will both win! That will set up a very interesting final. Can hardly wait!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    625

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Assuming Adrian is in fact hosting, anyone got tips on where to stay and where to eat while in town?

  3. #3
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Assuming Adrian is in fact hosting, anyone got tips on where to stay and where to eat while in town?

    The Adrian announcers confirmed they will be hosting.

  4. #4
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Assuming Adrian is in fact hosting, anyone got tips on where to stay and where to eat while in town?
    NCAA.com schedule has Adrian hosting.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66

    Cool Re: D3 championship weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    The Adrian announcers confirmed they will be hosting.
    We were told tonight that the games will be here next weekend. Happy to answer any questions visitor may have.

    Looking forward to seeing everyone next Friday in Adrian.

  6. #6
    "Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    1,704

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Assuming Adrian is in fact hosting, anyone got tips on where to stay and where to eat while in town?
    ...and AC Bulldog is one heck of a host! The man oozes class.

    When jim32 and I headed out there many moons ago, we pre-gamed at Fricker's where we had a scheduled meet-up with a few fellow USCHO'ers. Not a bad place, for "typical Sports Bar" fare. We stayed southwest of Toledo, OH (Maumee Homewood Suites). Chose this due to limited Hilton-brand options in Adrian, only 45-mintues away, and a very-easy drive.
    Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 03-11-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: punctuation polishing
    Dave
    RIT - '90

  7. #7
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,832

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Was the Final of the Plattsburgh At Thomas game 4-2 or 3-2? College hockey stats has it listed as 4-2 but it seems like they are giving them that goal that was waived off with like 7 minutes to go.

  8. #8
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Was the Final of the Plattsburgh At Thomas game 4-2 or 3-2? College hockey stats has it listed as 4-2 but it seems like they are giving them that goal that was waived off with like 7 minutes to go.
    Plattsburgh scored shortly after the waived-off goal. So I say it was 4.5-2

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Was the Final of the Plattsburgh At Thomas game 4-2 or 3-2? College hockey stats has it listed as 4-2 but it seems like they are giving them that goal that was waived off with like 7 minutes to go.
    The Kraus/Hudson goal was disallowed, but Lipson scored shortly thereafter.

  10. #10
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Plattsburgh scored shortly after the waived-off goal. So I say it was 4.5-2


    Oh ok. I must have missed it. Hard to listen to a game, while watching live stats of another while drinking beer and eating brats at a spring training game
    Last edited by gojackets; 03-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,470

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Was the Final of the Plattsburgh At Thomas game 4-2 or 3-2? College hockey stats has it listed as 4-2 but it seems like they are giving them that goal that was waived off with like 7 minutes to go.
    4-2


    "FEAR THE BIRD!"

  12. #12
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Well, I'm glad I didn't place any bets on my predictions for today's quarter-final games. Lol. I barely got one right. Ok, new prediction for the semis.....Plattsburgh and Adrian will both win! That will set up a very interesting final. Can hardly wait!
    I do also believe it will be Adrian/Plattsburgh in the final. It will be epic. Adrian definitely isn't afraid of the Cardinals and maybe the third time will be the charm.

    Of course this could be the year that Gustavus wins it all. The year they "aren't that good"

  13. #13
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    3,976

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    I do also believe it will be Adrian/Plattsburgh in the final. It will be epic. Adrian definitely isn't afraid of the Cardinals and maybe the third time will be the charm.

    Of course this could be the year that Gustavus wins it all. The year they "aren't that good"
    Of course, it could also be one of those pesky Eastern teams, including the three-time defending national champs, who are 4-0 this year against the current final four participants. If the Cards beat Adrian in the finals, it will be the third time they'd have beaten the Bulldogs in the third different rink, none of the three in Plattsburgh...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  14. #14
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    From Plattsburgh's Athletics Website:
    Tickets will be sold on site in the Arrington Ice Arena lobby one hour prior to all games. The 500-seat arena also offers standing room to patrons. Cost per ticket will be $8 for individual seats, $5 for a standing room spot, $5 for students will a valid college ID, $5 for children 12 years and younger and children under 2 years are free of charge. For more information on tickets, please visit the Adrian ticketing page.

  15. #15
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    From Plattsburgh's Athletics Website:
    I'm surprised you can't buy tickets ahead of time if you're making the trip. The men's box scores say that 914 is a sellout. And the last couple games Adrian has had around 815 fans. That's not leaving very much for the travelers.

  16. #16
    gojackets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Of course, it could also be one of those pesky Eastern teams, including the three-time defending national champs, who are 4-0 this year against the current final four participants. If the Cards beat Adrian in the finals, it will be the third time they'd have beaten the Bulldogs in the third different rink, none of the three in Plattsburgh...
    I think you misconstrued my post. I'm very well aware that Plattsburgh can win it all and is obviously the odds on favorite.

  17. #17
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    I'm surprised you can't buy tickets ahead of time if you're making the trip. The men's box scores say that 914 is a sellout. And the last couple games Adrian has had around 815 fans. That's not leaving very much for the travelers.
    I'll just plan to get there early. Current plan is to check into my hotel Thursday night.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    603

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    I'm surprised you can't buy tickets ahead of time if you're making the trip. The men's box scores say that 914 is a sellout. And the last couple games Adrian has had around 815 fans. That's not leaving very much for the travelers.
    A few looks at games last year and past NCAA games for men, they had over 1,000.

    However, the number of people who could see anything other than the back of the head of the person in front of them was not included in the attendance figure.

  19. #19
    Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    3,790
    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    From Plattsburgh's Athletics Website:
    Norwich's version of the release has clarified that all tickets will be single-game, not a day-pass.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    625

    Re: D3 championship weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Norwich's version of the release has clarified that all tickets will be single-game, not a day-pass.
    So that means no going to the third place game for anyone but fans of the participating teams as one runs the risk of people lining up for tickets to the championship and it selling out...
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •