D3 championship weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    Of course, it could also be one of those pesky Eastern teams, including the three-time defending national champs, who are 4-0 this year against the current final four participants. If the Cards beat Adrian in the finals, it will be the third time they'd have beaten the Bulldogs in the third different rink, none of the three in Plattsburgh...
    I think you misconstrued my post. I'm very well aware that Plattsburgh can win it all and is obviously the odds on favorite.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      I'm surprised you can't buy tickets ahead of time if you're making the trip. The men's box scores say that 914 is a sellout. And the last couple games Adrian has had around 815 fans. That's not leaving very much for the travelers.
      I'll just plan to get there early. Current plan is to check into my hotel Thursday night.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Re: D3 championship weekend

I'm surprised you can't buy tickets ahead of time if you're making the trip. The men's box scores say that 914 is a sellout. And the last couple games Adrian has had around 815 fans. That's not leaving very much for the travelers.
        A few looks at games last year and past NCAA games for men, they had over 1,000.

However, the number of people who could see anything other than the back of the head of the person in front of them was not included in the attendance figure.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          From Plattsburgh's Athletics Website:
          Norwich's version of the release has clarified that all tickets will be single-game, not a day-pass.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Norwich's version of the release has clarified that all tickets will be single-game, not a day-pass.
            So that means no going to the third place game for anyone but fans of the participating teams as one runs the risk of people lining up for tickets to the championship and it selling out...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              So that means no going to the third place game for anyone but fans of the participating teams as one runs the risk of people lining up for tickets to the championship and it selling out...
              My thought exactly...

Although, with the games at 3 and 7, there are approximately 2 hours between the end of the early game and the start of the late game. Hopefully the line won't be too long that early?
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

My thought exactly...

Although, with the games at 3 and 7, there are approximately 2 hours between the end of the early game and the start of the late game. Hopefully the line won't be too long that early?
                I can only make Saturday and my fear is getting all the way there and not getting in...I guess that's what they want, no road fans.

How is admission for championship weekend not standardized by the NCAA?

Comment

I think you misconstrued my post. I'm very well aware that Plattsburgh can win it all and is obviously the odds on favorite.
                  TIC, jackets... you know I have no beef with you or your concentration on western hockey!
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Go AD and Norwich

Comment

Of course this could be the year that Gustavus wins it all. The year they "aren't that good"
                      I think you mean "Gustaph Adolphson" like the Adrian play-by-play guy called them.

Comment

I think Adrian will have a much easier time dispensing of GAC than Plattsburgh will have with Norwich. Assuming Plattsburgh does beat Norwich, I think Adrian will have a bit of an advantage heading into the championship game. We could see the first ever non-eastern champion this year.

Comment

Yeah cuz Adrian got host cuz it got handed to them by NCAA unlike Plattsburgh they earned hosting all final fours they have hosted it.....
                          Last edited by womensmanager; 03-14-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Hey Plattsburgh Fans...Chicago UNO Grill will be showing the Plattsburgh-Norwich game on the Big screen on Friday....Great specials as well !!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              Hey Plattsburgh Fans...Chicago UNO Grill will be showing the Plattsburgh-Norwich game on the Big screen on Friday....Great specials as well !!!
                              Not that there are hundreds of establishments in Plattsburgh to choose from, but I still don't get how that place became the home bar for the women's team? Is it because all their parents stay at the adjacent/co-owned Hampton Inn or something? Don't get me wrong I'm glad that they show love to them but I can't think of a bar (or restaurant with a bar) further away from campus that's still in town and it became the Women's Hockey bar...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                                Not that there are hundreds of establishments in Plattsburgh to choose from, but I still don't get how that place became the home bar for the women's team? Is it because all their parents stay at the adjacent/co-owned Hampton Inn or something? Don't get me wrong I'm glad that they show love to them but I can't think of a bar (or restaurant with a bar) further away from campus that's still in town and it became the Women's Hockey bar...
                                It is a great place for food and the staff is very good. We go there several time a week. We went for lunch today before the height of the blizzard hit the area. It is larger than most other places in town as well. It may seem a ways away, but it is really only about 2 1/2 miles from the Field House.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X