Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: D3 championship weekend

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    So that means no going to the third place game for anyone but fans of the participating teams as one runs the risk of people lining up for tickets to the championship and it selling out...
    My thought exactly...

Although, with the games at 3 and 7, there are approximately 2 hours between the end of the early game and the start of the late game. Hopefully the line won't be too long that early?

Re: D3 championship weekend

Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    My thought exactly...

Although, with the games at 3 and 7, there are approximately 2 hours between the end of the early game and the start of the late game. Hopefully the line won't be too long that early?
    I can only make Saturday and my fear is getting all the way there and not getting in...I guess that's what they want, no road fans.

How is admission for championship weekend not standardized by the NCAA?
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    I think you misconstrued my post. I'm very well aware that Plattsburgh can win it all and is obviously the odds on favorite.
    TIC, jackets... you know I have no beef with you or your concentration on western hockey!
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Go AD and Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by gojackets View Post
    Of course this could be the year that Gustavus wins it all. The year they "aren't that good"
    I think you mean "Gustaph Adolphson" like the Adrian play-by-play guy called them.

I think Adrian will have a much easier time dispensing of GAC than Plattsburgh will have with Norwich. Assuming Plattsburgh does beat Norwich, I think Adrian will have a bit of an advantage heading into the championship game. We could see the first ever non-eastern champion this year.

Yeah cuz Adrian got host cuz it got handed to them by NCAA unlike Plattsburgh they earned hosting all final fours they have hosted it.....
    Last edited by womensmanager; 03-14-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Hey Plattsburgh Fans...Chicago UNO Grill will be showing the Plattsburgh-Norwich game on the Big screen on Friday....Great specials as well !!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Hey Plattsburgh Fans...Chicago UNO Grill will be showing the Plattsburgh-Norwich game on the Big screen on Friday....Great specials as well !!!
    Not that there are hundreds of establishments in Plattsburgh to choose from, but I still don't get how that place became the home bar for the women's team? Is it because all their parents stay at the adjacent/co-owned Hampton Inn or something? Don't get me wrong I'm glad that they show love to them but I can't think of a bar (or restaurant with a bar) further away from campus that's still in town and it became the Women's Hockey bar...
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Not that there are hundreds of establishments in Plattsburgh to choose from, but I still don't get how that place became the home bar for the women's team? Is it because all their parents stay at the adjacent/co-owned Hampton Inn or something? Don't get me wrong I'm glad that they show love to them but I can't think of a bar (or restaurant with a bar) further away from campus that's still in town and it became the Women's Hockey bar...
    It is a great place for food and the staff is very good. We go there several time a week. We went for lunch today before the height of the blizzard hit the area. It is larger than most other places in town as well. It may seem a ways away, but it is really only about 2 1/2 miles from the Field House.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey

They also serve food till 11 or 12 at night which helps for an after hockey game crowd.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    They also serve food till 11 or 12 at night which helps for an after hockey game crowd.
    Yeah, for post-game relatively close to Stafford, it's basically Uno or Wendy's, or maybe Buffalo Wind Wings
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champions x23: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17
    ECACW Champions x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Champions x9-ish: 87*, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86*, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Vermont CATAMOUNTS
    HEA Runner-up x1:
    ECAC Runner-up x1: 89
    ECAC DII Champion x2: 73, 74
    NCAA DI Frozen Four x2: 96, 09

Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    Yeah, for post-game relatively close to Stafford, it's basically Uno or Wendy's, or maybe Buffalo Wind Wings
    I was always one for a trip down to Monopole for wings. And Bazzanos was open later back when I went. Unos itself I don't think opened until after I graduated and hadn't been to until last year when I got a drink ticket there from staying at the Microtel.

And on the subject, what are the late night options for Adrian?
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-14-2017 at 09:46 PM.
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by womensmanager View Post
    Yeah cuz Adrian got host cuz it got handed to them by NCAA unlike Plattsburgh they earned hosting all final fours they have hosted it.....
    Wah wah. Im sure your teammates appreciate your whining. If you really are the "women's manager".

The Coach of the Year finalists have been announced:

2016-17 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division Coach of the Year Finalists
    Mark Bolding, Norwich University, NCAA Semifinalist
    Mike Carroll, Gustavus Adolphus College, MIAC Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
    Joe Cranston, UW-River Falls, WIAC Coach of the Year
    Chad Davis, Adrian, NCHA Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
    Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, ECAC West Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
    Kerstin Matthews, Saint Anselm, NEHC Coach of the Year
    Emily McNamara, Hamilton, NESCAC Coach of the Year
    Andy McPhee, Endicott College, CHC Coach of the Year

Houle is the favorite here, right?
    Scott Henkle

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

The Coach of the Year finalists have been announced:

2016-17 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division Coach of the Year Finalists
    Mark Bolding, Norwich University, NCAA Semifinalist
    Mike Carroll, Gustavus Adolphus College, MIAC Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
    Joe Cranston, UW-River Falls, WIAC Coach of the Year
    Chad Davis, Adrian, NCHA Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
    Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, ECAC West Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
    Kerstin Matthews, Saint Anselm, NEHC Coach of the Year
    Emily McNamara, Hamilton, NESCAC Coach of the Year
    Andy McPhee, Endicott College, CHC Coach of the Year

Houle is the favorite here, right?
    I like McNamara at Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    I like McNamara at Hamilton.
    Agree with that, for sure. Wouldn't count out McPhee or Davis, either. Endicott was in the NCAA tourney conversation till the end, and Adrian won every game it was supposed to, including the "toss-ups" against Lake Forest, who everyone had in the NCAA tourney conversation, as well, until the end.

I'd say Houle is far from the favorite. His team did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nyi19 View Post
    Agree with that, for sure. Wouldn't count out McPhee or Davis, either. Endicott was in the NCAA tourney conversation till the end, and Adrian won every game it was supposed to, including the "toss-ups" against Lake Forest, who everyone had in the NCAA tourney conversation, as well, until the end.

I'd say Houle is far from the favorite. His team did exactly what it was supposed to do.
    I definitely was not one of those that had Lake Forest in that conversation. I felt they were way overrated all year. Also, no way should McPhee be in the COY conversation compared to the others except his team is the best team in the worst conference and they choked in their championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    I definitely was not one of those that had Lake Forest in that conversation. I felt they were way overrated all year. Also, no way should McPhee be in the COY conversation compared to the others except his team is the best team in the worst conference and they choked in their championship game.
    While that's accurate, obviously, committee criteria had them in the conversation regardless of the seemingly weak schedule, etc. The answer is (for the most part): 95% of D-III women's hockey teams are on close to the same level, Endicott included. The other 5% made the NCAA tournament.

If anyone wants examples of why Carroll should NOT be coach of the year, there are probably 100 MIAC observers who can provide that info. Michelle McAteer did as much with way less talent and facilities.

Thread Information