Re: 2017 NCAA First Round Prediction/Discussion/Score Thread

Scores
      Endicott 3-3 Hobart End 2
      Salem St 0-1 Norwich End 2
      Hamilton 2-0 Oswego Late 2
      Plattsburgh 1-3 Trinity End 2
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

oswego down 2-0 going into 3rd.........reffing is ???tionable,but Hamilton is giving the refs nothing to call on them,they play very good positional hockey....Oswego cannot finish anything

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
          So how much were these refs paid at the Oz game, holy ****. There was just a mugging and again.....No call, we have 4 trips, several check in the back, goalie interference, going after one of our guys while he's down on the ice after a check in the back, too many men on ice. One of the most mis one sided reffing jobs I've seen yet.

Not surprised to see it's ref #12, who routinely calls bull**** on us all season at it again.
          I would be more miffed about penalties if the whole affair wasn't rotating on Oswego's offense going out to the bars early. Again. 20 minutes before the season (and a lot of senior's playing time) ends with a whimper.

Bit of hotdogging by the Hamilton bench coming out to give the goalie props like they've won the game, after the buzzer. Maybe its a Continental thing this year? It was amusing to hear the crowd's reaction.
          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
          this is for you."
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            oswego down 2-0 going into 3rd.........reffing is ???tionable,but Hamilton is giving the refs nothing to call on them,they play very good positional hockey....Oswego cannot finish anything
            I think your comment on Hamilton doing nothing is questionable, multiple trips, running down our goalie, attacking a player after you back check them and you've skated away, to turn around and go back at them while there still down is not legal. Along with many more items that could be nit picky yet they've called them on us.

The game needs to be called even, not what's currently happening, the resonance of boos at the end of the 2nd is the clear sign I'm not the only person in the arena witnessing this.

Comment

FINALs
              Endicott 4-3 Hobart
              Salem St 1-3 Norwich
              Plattsburgh 1-3 Trinity

Endicott @ Trinity
              Hamilton/Oswego @ Norwich
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Goodbye Plattsburgh, Goodbye Hobart ! EDIT Goodbye Oswego !
                Last edited by Birdwatcher; 03-11-2017, 08:11 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

ENG for Hamilton should seal it......0 penalties called on Hamilton, Simply Amazing....#paidoff

Comment

Heard Hamilton got their ENG for 3-1 and turned it off. Good season Lakers - a pity it couldn't have ended better, but the season itself was entertaining. Congrats to Hamilton.
                    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                    this is for you."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Lakers get stoned by a hot goalie.good season all around

Comment

Looks like the SUNYAC is no longer the best D3 hockey conference in the country. The NESCAC takes over that title with two NCAA first round wins tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                          Looks like the SUNYAC is no longer the best D3 hockey conference in the country. The NESCAC takes over that title with two NCAA first round wins tonight.
                          Thank you for holding the SUNYAC in such high regards! I like it too - the conference was tough as nails this year. Here's a quote for you...
                          A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting.” ― George S. Patton Jr
                          Please note that this crown is currently made of tin - good luck to Hamilton and Trinity in trying for the gold at Utica!
                          this is for you."

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Lakers get stoned by a hot goalie.good season all around
                            Hobart also ran into a hot goalie. Aldridge made 40 saves for the Gulls
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Not going to take any sides here, but we had 4 screens going simultaneously tonight to watch all the games, and it was THE BEST HOCKEY NIGHT EVER! ( 'Specially when you factor-in the clams and the cocktails.)

Seriously, all the games were a fun watch. Even Salem made a game of it. The parity in D-3 -at least in the East- is a whole new reality.

Based on what I saw tonight, I like Trinity to get to the FF.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-11-2017, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I'm going to root for Hamilton as the last New York school in the tournament
                                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Working...
                                X