Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASN shutting down

Courtesy of @easternbias and Awful Announcing:

Hopefully this means no more 6:00 puck drops and better local production quality.

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Courtesy of @easternbias and Awful Announcing:

Hopefully this means no more 6:00 puck drops and better local production quality.
    And no more 8:30 starts also along with for Hockey East, back to strictly NESN in-game and studio announcers. Those asn studio announcers were brutal.
    Last edited by riverchief1; 03-10-2017, 01:48 PM.
    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Re: ASN shutting down

And less games for those outside the hockey regions to watch.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

About time.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I dont know how this can be good for our sport.

Capturing enough eyeballs... media today is a difficult business than ever to sustain financially. Tough.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            I dont know how this can be good for our sport.

Capturing enough eyeballs... media today is a difficult business than ever to sustain financially. Tough.
            College hockey is a niche sport and the powers that be would do well to cater to the people who actually go to the games. With all the games broadcast online there isn't much need for national broadcasts anyway.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Said it on the BC thread but I am terrified to see what the Hockey East TV schedule looks like next year.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                And no more 8:30 starts also along with for Hockey East, back to strictly NESN in-game and studio announcers. Those asn studio announcers were brutal.
                Why would NESN want to pay for the production of the games next year?
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  College hockey is a niche sport and the powers that be would do well to cater to the people who actually go to the games. With all the games broadcast online there isn't much need for national broadcasts anyway.
                  Agreed! We don't need that kind of "exposure." Morons in the studio who can barely talk and don't know anything about the teams they are "analyzing."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    This! There actually are people who live outside of the traditional hockey areas who care about college hockey. Agree on the in- studio morons tho.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

With all due respect.. in this (media) competitive landscape, i'll take a 'moron' to analyze my sport long as ot is reaching eyeballs.. than no broadcast.

This sport needs to cater the base no doubt.. but it needs to expand the base & reach a wider audience.. which ASN was trying.
                      A lousy ASN broadcast is better than no broadcast. Its all about production co$ts.
                      Last edited by northeastern; 03-10-2017, 04:51 PM.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        With all due respect.. in this (media) competitive landscape, i'll take a 'moron' to analyze my sport long as ot is reaching eyeballs.. than no broadcast.

This sport needs to cater the base no doubt.. but it needs to expand the base & reach a wider audience.. which ASN was trying.
                        A lousy ASN broadcast is better than no broadcast. Its all about production co$ts.
                        I agree. My problem is that neither ASN or NESN are available on Cablevision in Fairfield County ct. Last year ASN was. It sucks. I did watch lots of Fake Hockey East games on NBCSN and whatever might be thrown my way on the CBS sports network, or SNY. There are us fans that like D1 hockey and will watch if available regardless of the network. Hopefully next year Hockey East will get a deal with a network I can see.

Comment

I dunno if it's nesn, but maybe the local stations in NH, Maine, VT etc would get higher ratings from rebroadcasting HEA online streams than from a Big Bang repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I loved catching random out-of-region games Friday and Saturday nights...

Comment

So apparently the rumours might have been a little premature. Still hope for ASN?

http//www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/20170312/american-sports-network-may-remain-after-all

Comment

Working...
                              X