The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    I don't think you can say Norwich is scared of Oswego when we invited you to our tournament earlier in the year. Not our fault you couldn't hold up your end.
    Except for the few, there are a lot of Norwich fans extremely unhappy about the possibility of seeing us in a quarter. And that is simply my point, Why? No reason to be upset about it. At this point of there year anyone you play can pretty much play with anyone. Had no problem possibly facing us earlier this year, then you should have no problem possibly in a week.

Comment

I don't think you can say Norwich is scared of Oswego when we invited you to our tournament earlier in the year. Not our fault you couldn't hold up your end.
      I'll admit we had a horrible showing, had some real issues going on the road early in the year, I also have to wonder if your special ice played into it at all. That's one thing I dislike in my research of your arena, larger sheet of ice can mess up a teams spacing, not saying that's our excuse but something to note for sure.

Comment

Re: The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
        Except for the few, there are a lot of Norwich fans extremely unhappy about the possibility of seeing us in a quarter. And that is simply my point, Why? No reason to be upset about it. At this point of there year anyone you play can pretty much play with anyone. Had no problem possibly facing us earlier this year, then you should have no problem possibly in a week.
        No problem. I don't like Oswego very much for a number of reasons, but to be national champion, you have to defeat everybody in your way, and it doesn't matter what round you face them. I'd rather play Oswego in Northfield than at a neutral site. If you win fair and square, so be it. I doubt that you will.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Bump, so we don't have to sort through as much Chinese Spam
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            Bump, again. This is getting tiresome
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
              They are apparently upset because their team did not make the cut

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                From what I see, most Norwich fans on this board perhaps have a philosophical disagreement with the #1 seed not getting a bye but have accepted and understand the process that led to it. I don't see the two positions as being mutually exclusive.

Also, I think any "fear" of Oswego should be taken as a compliment by Oswego fans as opposed to b****ing by Norwich fans. Oswego has rightfully earned a reputation as one of the finest programs in the country, and they are going to be a significant obstacle to the Cadets reaching Utica.* As I said on the Norwich thread, while the ranking may be correct this year, Oswego rightfully or wrongfully gets more respect and "fear" than a Hobart or an Endicott just by virtue of being Oswego.

*With that said, while Norwich fans I think can be forgiven in overlooking Salem State, I'd be much more cautious if I was a Laker fan in overlooking Hamilton.
                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

From what I see, most Norwich fans on this board perhaps have a philosophical disagreement with the #1 seed not getting a bye but have accepted and understand the process that led to it. I don't see the two positions as being mutually exclusive.

Also, I think any "fear" of Oswego should be taken as a compliment by Oswego fans as opposed to b****ing by Norwich fans. Oswego has rightfully earned a reputation as one of the finest programs in the country, and they are going to be a significant obstacle to the Cadets reaching Utica.* As I said on the Norwich thread, while the ranking may be correct this year, Oswego rightfully or wrongfully gets more respect and "fear" than a Hobart or an Endicott just by virtue of being Oswego.

*With that said, while Norwich fans I think can be forgiven in overlooking Salem State, I'd be much more cautious if I was a Laker fan in overlooking Hamilton.
                  I'm pretty upset that you grouped Hobart with Endicott
                  Hobart Statesmen
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  Boston College Eagles
                  Providence College Friars

#EasternBias is the only way

Jack O'Callahan: "You know what Coxy let me ask you a question. Why'd you wanna play college hockey?"
                  Cox: "Isn't it obvious? For the girls."

Comment

No overlooking, just glad to have another home game to watch, wasn't for sure we'd get to continue on after last Saturday. I do think its great to play a team close to us, hopefully they'll bring some fans and we can have a good atmosphere with the students on break.

Comment

With that said, while Norwich fans I think can be forgiven in overlooking Salem State, I'd be much more cautious if I was a Laker fan in overlooking Hamilton.
                      Truer words have never been spoken.... #SurviveAndAdvance
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Trev View Post
                        I'm pretty upset that you grouped Hobart with Endicott
                        Norwich played Endicott in the season opener, and they have looked pretty good all season long. I don't think it's an insult

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          Norwich played Endicott in the season opener, and they have looked pretty good all season long. I don't think it's an insult
                          Wasn't my intent for it to be an insult at all.

My point was that a team like Hobart might be just as good, if not better, than Oswego. However, Oswego perhaps gets more respect out of the simple fact that they're Oswego.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

However, Oswego perhaps gets more respect out of the simple fact that they're Oswego.
                            Always. Except for the fact that I had to pick Oswego in the LPS contest, I'd just as soon have the Cadets playing Hamilton - not because they would be an easy opponent, but because they aren't named Oswego.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Always. Except for the fact that I had to pick Oswego in the LPS contest, I'd just as soon have the Cadets playing Hamilton - not because they would be an easy opponent, but because they aren't named Oswego.
                              oK, I'll bite - what's your beef with the Lakers? What did I miss? 🤔🙄😶
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                oK, I'll bite - what's your beef with the Lakers? What did I miss? ������
                                98% said in fun. It feels like almost a rivalry based on the number posters who think that the hockey sun rises and sets on Oswego (we all know that is the case with Norwich, that is where the hockey sun rises and sets). It really dates back to the days when there were Oswego posters crying gloom and doom after they won a game 3-2 instead of the 8-1 win they were expecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X