The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    98% said in fun. It feels like almost a rivalry based on the number posters who think that the hockey sun rises and sets on Oswego (we all know that is the case with Norwich, that is where the hockey sun rises and sets). It really dates back to the days when there were Oswego posters crying gloom and doom after they won a game 3-2 instead of the 8-1 win they were expecting.

I know. It's almost as bad as fans who whine and cry when they don't get a bye and have to play the lowest overall seed in the tournament and then go on to call out a respected journalist for giving a great explanation as to why when he says to stop whining....
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      I know. It's almost as bad as fans who whine and cry when they don't get a bye and have to play the lowest overall seed in the tournament and then go on to call out a respected journalist for giving a great explanation as to why when he says to stop whining....
      honestly so sick of your posts. Fans were upset that not much was given to a team with a clearly superior record to all other teams. You're keeping it going with stupid posts like this.

It really shouldn't be that hard to understand why some Norwich fans were surprised and a little disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
        honestly so sick of your posts. Fans were upset that not much was given to a team with a clearly superior record to all other teams. You're keeping it going with stupid posts like this.

It really shouldn't be that hard to understand why some Norwich fans were surprised and a little disappointed.
        And I care how you feel because? When Plattsburgh was screwed two years ago all we heard was suck it up and play.

And no, it was your wonderful Norwich faithful who wanted to call out someone who puts a lot of time and effort into explaining why something happened.

Then again this was the same fan base who got their panties in a bunch when I said UMB wasn't that good of a win... a few weeks later they were saying the same thing. Go figure. Don't talk bad about Norwich, they are FOR REAL.

Disappointed is one thing. The tissues and calling the thing a farce (even after its been explained) is another.
        Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-09-2017, 04:02 PM.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          The purpose of life in two simple words - male genitalia. Does anything else matter more?
          Whatever keeps you going.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post

With clearly an inferior schedule 🙂

Comment

And I care how you feel because? When Plattsburgh was screwed two years ago all we heard was suck it up and play.
              Oh my. Coming from a guy who only defends the process when it suits her.

The "rankings" were skewed this year. "My" Utica team was ranked far too high, probably because the committee was looking for a way to get them in, for obvious reasons. Aside from that, there's not much to complain about, and UC played their way out, anyway.

Omitting Salem's mandated AQ, the field is pretty legit. They're doing a much better job of that these past few years. I was a little taken-aback by the seedings, but, if you're going to put any stock in the ridiculous distance-rules and the avoidance of intra-conference matches in the 1st round..? Well, there you go.

Call me a dreamer, but there's a way to seed and site even such an obscure sport such as D-3 hockey. As someone posted here earlier, it isn't as though the NCAA can't afford to fly a couple of teams to the Midwest or to the East, if need be, to ensure some semblance of bracket-integrity. Until they do that, we have this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

The "rankings" were skewed this year. "My" Utica team was ranked far too high, probably because the committee was looking for a way to get them in, for obvious reasons. Aside from that, there's not much to complain about, and UC played their way out,

Omitting Salem's mandated AQ, the field is pretty legit. They're doing a much better job of that these past few years. I was a little taken-aback by the seedings, but, if you're going to put any stock in the ridiculous distance-rules and the avoidance of intra-conference matches in the 1st round..? Well, there you go.

Call me a dreamer, but there's a way to seed and site even such an obscure sport such as D-3 hockey. As someone posted here earlier, it isn't as though the NCAA can't afford to fly a couple of teams to the Midwest or to the East, if need be, to ensure some semblance of bracket-integrity. Until they do that, we have this.
                They are flying St Thomas to Plattsburgh on the women's side for a first round game. It can be done. This is not the first time. Although on the women's side it is also the quarter finals because there are only 8 teams in the tournament.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  98% said in fun. It feels like almost a rivalry based on the number posters who think that the hockey sun rises and sets on Oswego (we all know that is the case with Norwich, that is where the hockey sun rises and sets). It really dates back to the days when there were Oswego posters crying gloom and doom after they won a game 3-2 instead of the 8-1 win they were expecting.
                  Ah I miss those days....and I know for a fact the hockey sun rises and sets in Oswego, beautifully over Lake Ontario. Seen it, looks like a orange puck.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                    Ah I miss those days....and I know for a fact the hockey sun rises and sets in Oswego, beautifully over Lake Ontario. Seen it, looks like a orange puck.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      They are flying St Thomas to Plattsburgh on the women's side for a first round game. It can be done. This is not the first time. Although on the women's side it is also the quarter finals because there are only 8 teams in the tournament.
                      There is an early flight for the Women because it was unavoidable... which is precisely what the 500-mile rule says. The only way to avoid it would have been to have St. Thomas and Gustavus play a play-in game to go to River Falls and grant Plattsburgh a bye into the QFs... which is not possible.

If Adrian College were less than 500 from St. Thomas or Gustavus (or more than 500 from Elmira), you can bet your bottom dollar Plattsburgh would have been playing Norwich. And I think it's fairly evident to all that there is a significant gulf between St. Thomas and Norwich....
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                        You mean like that fake orange Wisconsin Cheddar cheese. Heck, even New York white cheese beats Wisconsin orange (they can't even tell the difference between orange and yellow
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

The "rankings" were skewed this year. "My" Utica team was ranked far too high, probably because the committee was looking for a way to get them in, for obvious reasons. Aside from that, there's not much to complain about, and UC played their way out, anyway.

I still defend the process. Plattsburgh getting screwed had ZERO to do with the process. It had to do with the NCAA and more so the Plattsburgh AD saying that they couldn't host a Mens QuarterFinal and Womens Final Four... nothing to do with the ranking and or selection and or pairings.

No, UC was high in the ranking "for obvious reasons" due to their record, record vs ranked teams, SoS, and the other criteria.....

I still find it funny that you now say (in a round about way) that Endicott is now deserving when last year you were calling the same team(s) a joke. All because the person who "defends the process (of the KRACH) when it suits her" has Endicott is in the KRACH hierarchy. They've played 1 decent team at the very start of the season, and tied them (thanks to a good goalie and 3 goals on 7 shots 2nd period). Other than that they've played (and lost 3 games) all the weak teams who you said didn't deserve to be in the NCAA in years past. They have an SOS of 57th. But now that they are in your KRACH because of a statistical flaw, they are a deserving team... I still stand behind their NCAA ranking because I go by the process. If you look back over the years I've always said (back when we were taking about teams forming new conferences years ago) that if a team can play in a weak league, grab just the right teams to raise their SOS, and win the majority of those games, the will beat the system. Had the NCAA used the SOS system of the KRACH, (and take away the autobid) they don't make the tournament. An SoS of 57th 9 times out of 10 does not balance out the 2nd highest Win % (see Adrian '09 21-1-1), but that's your KRACH and not the NCAA selection criteria, so I deal with it. Endicott played the system and won.

With a 12 team field, and the continuing power of SNC, Adrian, and UWSP it will be tough for 2 Eastern teams to be ranked higher than two of those each year. Thus, a 2 QuarterFinal Bye system like this may happen more often than not. I'd love nothing more than to see a the travel rule be lifted and teams put 1-12 and game on, but it won't happen. The whole "we have this" is exactly what people are saying and isn't worth whining over and exactly what someone said on the other site that certain people took issue with. I admit when the bracket came out, I said "wow", but as soon as you look at the numbers you can see how and why the committee arrived at their decision. At that point it's time to put down the tissues and put the puck down. Yet here we were, 4 days later, and people are still whining and complaining when it's been explained over and over and over.... ( I know something you're use to seeing too )

The difference these past few years is that the committee has gone by the book. Something many of us wanted to see for years. No longer do we have certain people influencing the committee and getting the "why and the **** did they do that ??"... The smoke filled room almost seems like there is now at least tinted windows on the wall for us to see in. While we can't put our ear up to the door and hear what is said, when you look at the process and criteria you can come pretty close to picking the field compared to years past. While it's not perfect, there isn't one that is. We don't have enough games, enough inter conference games, enough regional games, ect ect ect to get the right teams (when you only have 4 spots). Even DI roundball has their issues. Syracuse has a ton of Top 50 wins, but is 2-11 away from the Domes and has as many career ACC Tournament wins as Wisconsin, Minnesota, Florida, and Oregon. What outweighs what?
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

This (18-14) was not Syracuse's year. 4 lost scholarships=Hello NIT. Could be a rough couple years.

Comment

I still defend the process. Plattsburgh getting screwed had ZERO to do with the process. It had to do with the NCAA and more so the Plattsburgh AD saying that they couldn't host a Mens QuarterFinal and Womens Final Four... nothing to do with the ranking and or selection and or pairings.

No, UC was high in the ranking "for obvious reasons" due to their record, record vs ranked teams, SoS, and the other criteria.....

I still find it funny that you now say (in a round about way) that Endicott is now deserving when last year you were calling the same team(s) a joke. All because the person who "defends the process (of the KRACH) when it suits her" has Endicott is in the KRACH hierarchy. They've played 1 decent team at the very start of the season, and tied them (thanks to a good goalie and 3 goals on 7 shots 2nd period). Other than that they've played (and lost 3 games) all the weak teams who you said didn't deserve to be in the NCAA in years past. They have an SOS of 57th. But now that they are in your KRACH because of a statistical flaw, they are a deserving team... I still stand behind their NCAA ranking because I go by the process. If you look back over the years I've always said (back when we were taking about teams forming new conferences years ago) that if a team can play in a weak league, grab just the right teams to raise their SOS, and win the majority of those games, the will beat the system. Had the NCAA used the SOS system of the KRACH, (and take away the autobid) they don't make the tournament. An SoS of 57th 9 times out of 10 does not balance out the 2nd highest Win % (see Adrian '09 21-1-1), but that's your KRACH and not the NCAA selection criteria, so I deal with it. Endicott played the system and won.

With a 12 team field, and the continuing power of SNC, Adrian, and UWSP it will be tough for 2 Eastern teams to be ranked higher than two of those each year. Thus, a 2 QuarterFinal Bye system like this may happen more often than not. I'd love nothing more than to see a the travel rule be lifted and teams put 1-12 and game on, but it won't happen. The whole "we have this" is exactly what people are saying and isn't worth whining over and exactly what someone said on the other site that certain people took issue with. I admit when the bracket came out, I said "wow", but as soon as you look at the numbers you can see how and why the committee arrived at their decision. At that point it's time to put down the tissues and put the puck down. Yet here we were, 4 days later, and people are still whining and complaining when it's been explained over and over and over.... ( I know something you're use to seeing too )

The difference these past few years is that the committee has gone by the book. Something many of us wanted to see for years. No longer do we have certain people influencing the committee and getting the "why and the **** did they do that ??"... The smoke filled room almost seems like there is now at least tinted windows on the wall for us to see in. While we can't put our ear up to the door and hear what is said, when you look at the process and criteria you can come pretty close to picking the field compared to years past. While it's not perfect, there isn't one that is. We don't have enough games, enough inter conference games, enough regional games, ect ect ect to get the right teams (when you only have 4 spots). Even DI roundball has their issues. Syracuse has a ton of Top 50 wins, but is 2-11 away from the Domes and has as many career ACC Tournament wins as Wisconsin, Minnesota, Florida, and Oregon. What outweighs what?
                              You really need to cultivate a hobby.

Seriously. I couldn't even wade-through the first paragraph.

Try to keep it readable, already, even when you flip in the wind from year to year, depending on where Platty ends-up.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-10-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

You really need to cultivate a hobby.

Seriously. I couldn't even wade-through the first paragraph. Try to keep it readable, already.
                                Typical Fish. Show hes wrong and he runs for the hills... lol
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X