The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

This replaces the my team got screwed thread.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The 2017 Official #NotMyBracket Thread

Does "My team screwed themselves" fit here?

Actually I like our bracket...........

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      This replaces the my team got screwed thread.
      Yeah, I'm OK with our draw too. I do think the NESCAC teams get a little overvalued year to year, but the bracket itself works for me!
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        Yeah, I'm OK with our draw too. I do think the NESCAC teams get a little overvalued year to year, but the bracket itself works for me!
        I'm just happy our team is still playing at all!
        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

The civility demonstrated here is counter productive to building traffic...
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
            The civility demonstrated here is counter productive to building traffic...
            Well, you root for Oswego so what the hell do you know?
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

I was going to post "the east is at peace", but with that, lets rumble Red!

Comment

I'm also perfectly fine with the bracket, I just hope theres no controversial calls either way in any of the game(s) we play.
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

I understand the reasoning. I'm mainly (as usual) unhappy with the lack of funding for DIII championships. There's plenty of money in the NCAA coffers. If some of that were freed up, the necessity to "minimize flights" would be significantly reduced. That is cause of the unbalanced brackets. Once you determine that you have separate brackets for East and West, then what we have is what we got. I would have liked to see it played down to one all East semi and one all West semi if they wanted to separate the two regions, but what we have, I will admit (despite posturing otherwise, because it's fun to poke the midWest bears with a stick.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I'm confident I know what I know and I know what I don't know....other than that, not much. 😎😎😎
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

It's super cute to see how mad Norwich fans are. Your playing the lowest seeded team and then the 4, what are you scared of facing a good program? I know Oz is not scared of **** and ready to take on everything in its path.

P.S. The invasion of Green that follows Oswego **** near everywhere they go is sure to be on tap in the event we have to play.

Comment

I would say it's more of a shock than anything else. Ultimately if you win all your games you are champions, and if you don't you won't be, but the fact that "all" for the midwestern teams is one less than it is for the Eastern teams seems be a bit unfair. I know the reasons, but I don't have to like the result.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post
                          It's super cute to see how mad Norwich fans are. Your playing the lowest seeded team and then the 4, what are you scared of facing a good program? I know Oz is not scared of **** and ready to take on everything in its path.

P.S. The invasion of Green that follows Oswego **** near everywhere they go is sure to be on tap in the event we have to play.
                          Don't make me take back my (hopefully) helpful tips for your presumed visit to Northfield in a couple of weeks

3 national championships and 11 (I think) Final Fours tell me the Cadets aren't afraid of playing "good programs".

Comment

Originally posted by OZrebel View Post

I don't think you can say Norwich is scared of Oswego when we invited you to our tournament earlier in the year. Not our fault you couldn't hold up your end.
                            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                              I don't think you can say Norwich is scared of Oswego when we invited you to our tournament earlier in the year. Not our fault you couldn't hold up your end.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X