X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #190: Springing Forward

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Slahn-tcha
    I think maybe the Irish should learn what sounds letters are actually supposed to represent.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I refilled a prescription through my insurance company's online site a couple of hours ago. The site told me, as it always does, that they will send email status reports. I said to myself that I never get emails. So I checked and I had typed my email address incorrectly. This must have been at least five years ago. Either someone else has been getting my status reports or they have been bouncing. Anyway it works now, and I have received two emails, that they got my order and that it was shipped.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Slahn-tcha
        This. I still chuckle at names like Seamus (shay-muss) and Padraig (paw-dreg). Very odd language.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          I think maybe the Irish should learn what sounds letters are actually supposed to represent.
          I think Irish pronunciation/dialect is a clever scheme to hide their level of intoxication. If you talk like that sober...how can anyone tell when you've had a wee bit much o' the Guinness?

Comment

Today work is giving out bottles of Canada Dry Ginger Ale and A&W Root beer. They claim its because they can't give out green beer, so they are giving out green... and beer.

*rim shot* HR is so clever around here.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
              I think Irish pronunciation/dialect is a clever scheme to hide their level of intoxication. If you talk like that sober...how can anyone tell when you've had a wee bit much o' the Guinness?
              Or they are never sober...
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Or they are never sober...
                Troof!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Guy walks into a bar, like he does every day, orders 3 shots of Jameson. Bartender asks why. Guy says, "One for me, one for me brother, and one for me da." Does this for a few months. One day, he only orders two shots. Bartender says, "I'm sorry for your loss." Guy says, "What loss? I decided to quit drinking."
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

s'upp y'all
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

*HT until October.

No shame though... it was still a good season.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Siobahn is probably the most egregious of them... of course we've got a nordic backup goalie (I forget the country)... last name hernberg. An internet point to somebody other than les who know how that's pronounced
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          Siobahn is probably the most egregious of them... of course we've got a nordic backup goalie (I forget the country)... last name hernberg. An internet point to somebody other than les who know how that's pronounced
                          Dunno that one. Although the former NHL player Stan Neckar....last name pronounced "nes-cash." Yep.

Comment

Have fun at the game tomorrow les! Not thinking I'll be joining you at this rate. Could change. Not holding out much hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Have fun at the game tomorrow les! Not thinking I'll be joining you at this rate. Could change. Not holding out much hope.
                              You'll be on my mind tomorrow. Hitting up a Greek restaurant (Ansari's, Eagan MN). Seems legit for authenticity for some of their dishes.

Comment

At the I-hate-everyone-and-everything-HT right about now.

Comment

Working...
                                X