X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #190: Springing Forward

Good morning Lodge.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Walking by, overheard a snippet of a conversation in the office just now and I don't know the context.

"I'll watch your box and see if anything turns hairy."
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Walking by, overheard a snippet of a conversation in the office just now and I don't know the context.

"I'll watch your box and see if anything turns hairy."
        I'm going to say they meant inbox, and hairy refers to issues arising. But I know where you went with this. 😉
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          I'm going to say they meant inbox, and hairy refers to issues arising. But I know where you went with this. 😉
          Adult tarantulas have more hair...

(I have no justification for that.. let's just roll w it)
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Just dropped off my dad at the airport. Sorry Hoven. We were going to bar hop on Sunday, but his arthritis was really getting to him. Seeing both my parents starting to look frail is making me really scared. Only child and everything falls on me.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
              Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Just dropped off my dad at the airport. Sorry Hoven. We were going to bar hop on Sunday, but his arthritis was really getting to him. Seeing both my parents starting to look frail is making me really scared. Only child and everything falls on me.
              At least you're prepared/preparing for it. I'm the youngest of five, and was somewhat blindsided by it with my mom. Talking with my mom's neurologist, she said that even if there were ten kids, it almost always falls to just one child.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Not sure why you ever said that SFIS. Congrats on the victory. You ruined my weekend when you lost to UMD.

But! My high school just won the Super 8!! State champs!! Woooooo! Not sure when the last time a public school won that tournament. Made up for BU losing Friday.
                It was just a tongue-in-cheek comment after the World Junior team with all the BU 1st rounders won gold, and BU beat Union the same weekend (without all the 1st rounders).
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  At least you're prepared/preparing for it. I'm the youngest of five, and was somewhat blindsided by it with my mom. Talking with my mom's neurologist, she said that even if there were ten kids, it almost always falls to just one child.
                  Trying to prepare for it. I am 360 miles away. I know if my dad goes first, my mom will be moving up here. If my mom goes first, then I will probably be in jail for killing my dad.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                    Good Afternoon, Lodge!

I just figured Sat night got to you.

And yeah, seeing parents age is tough. And yay Ladyboss! She made it so I get this Friday off, so I can watch the regionals! We hockey fans stick together.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mornin' Loj.
                          Originally posted by moe24
                          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all

congrats on your win friday sfis!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Going through the parent stuff by proxy. Mom's mom is doing poorly and had a terrible respiratory issue on Sunday. Crying, she told my mom she didn't want to go back to the hospital. Mom said okay, but my uncle called 911 behind their backs. At the hospital he was trying to override her DNR/DNI. Thank goodness the ED doc straightened him out and that my mom was there to advocate for my grandmother. Now my uncle is telling the other 4 siblings that my mom is trying to kill my grandmother. Mom is devastated. All very ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I hope that's not true when we get old. That may or may not have been one of the reasons we had so many kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X