This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    That might be an actual thing, UPS won't deliver to PO Boxes. Call them back and ask for a tracking number then track it yourself at ups.com and go from there.
    Nah, I know that. But it doesn't much matter, it needed a signature, and I'm not around to sign for whatever it was for another 10 days (this started like 2 weeks ago). It has been returned to sender, because I haven't ordered anything that hasn't been received previously, especially from Canada.

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #190: Springing Forward

I got something like that right after I ordered something. I called UPS customer service. They asked me to forward the email- it was a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        I think I'd prefer that situation over my current one.

If I take a sick day, I immediately have co-workers asking/spreading rumors that I'm pregnant.

I show up at Easter with the in-laws where a cousin noting the the 2 month old and parents arriving states, "just one more cousin to go" and then stares down Mr. wT and I.

I thought I was done with this crap when my bro had kids. My mom stopped asking the "when are you gonna settle down and have kids?" 8 years ago when my nieces were born.
        *sigh* You'll be needing one of these.

As someone who has reached the 95% confidence threshold that the answer to that question for me is "not a bloody chance," I can't wait for that dramabomb to drop.

My sister settled down, married, and popped out two girls, which has starved the grandbaby fever for now. Still, she took her husband's name, and I'm the last male standing in the bloodline, so I suspect it's going to rustle some jimmies. Eh, its not like we're the Clintons or something. Plenty more of us in the phone book (actually not joking - my dad ran an income tax gig for a few years and had a shocking number of customers who shared our not-quite-common last name.)

That said, I'd be open to adoption or Big Brothers/Big Sisters later in life if conditions are right. I want to do SOMETHING to help stave off the first five minutes of Idiocracy.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

4 returns left.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

My family stopped asking for a while, then my last ex came along. I also am the last to carry the bloodline (as in name; bro has 2 girls, and no more children for him). Then my son was conceived, but before he came to this world, that train derailed. No one is bringing up the subject with me anymore, for obvious reasons.

Went to church tonight, as I got a promo code for some free credits that had to be used. Sat next to a guy fresh from TX who didn't know anything about hockey, and since it was on one of the tvs, had a lot of questions. That was honestly fun, answering and explaining the sport. "Wait, you can fight, but there are unwritten rules about it (referring to The Code)?" "Ok, what's this about not touching a goalie, I heard something about that."
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have succeeded in keeping my parents from asking about grandkids by making them question whether or not I'm actually fit to raise another human.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I have succeeded in keeping my parents from asking about grandkids by making them question whether or not I'm actually fit to raise another human.
                That's because your kid would be the second coming of Ted Nugent.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  That's because your kid would be the second coming of Ted Nugent.
                  Ouch

Hey, I like Ted the Musician. But Ted the Pol? GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Ouch

Hey, I like Ted the Musician. But Ted the Pol? GTFO.
                    However, you prob understand my reference.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                      Northeast Regional:
                      West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        *sigh* You'll be needing one of these.

My sister settled down, married, and popped out two girls, which has starved the grandbaby fever for now. Still, she took her husband's name, and I'm the last male standing in the bloodline, so I suspect it's going to rustle some jimmies. Eh, its not like we're the Clintons or something. Plenty more of us in the phone book (actually not joking - my dad ran an income tax gig for a few years and had a shocking number of customers who shared our not-quite-common last name.)
                        Ugh - we play that every year at tcbg's family Christmas. Tcbg is now the last of his last name in our family. His last name is RIDICULOUSLY common both locally and in Italy, so there's no reason to worry. Of our generation, there are almost all girls, except tcbg, his brother, and his cousin, Brian. Tcbg's brother has 4 girls and Brian was killed in a car accident 2 weeks before our wedding so tcbg's dad reminds us every time we see him that we're responsible. The nice side of me prevailed last time we spoke and I went into graphic detail about the IUD procedure I'd just had done, the nasty side of me wants to remind him that as a dead-beat dad, he didn't set much of an example as a parent. Needless to say, we're still on the babies are cute and we're happy to hang with other's people's kids, but there's no way in heck we're having any.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          Good Morning, Ewe!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Good Morning, MEUSA!
                            Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            Good Morning, Ewe!
                            Morning, Ralph!
                            Morning, MeUSA

Comment

Howdy Lodge. It's Tuesday. First day of the week for me. Office was closed yesterday. Nice to have the day off. I was up at my mom and dad's for Easter. Came home, did laundry and caught up on some dvr'd shows. I am so behind.

Comment

Happy Birthday wT!!

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Working...
                                X