• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #190: Springing Forward

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
        Good Evening, Lodge!

Inspection went well today. Some minor fixes that we will try to amend the purchase agreement. The other thing I would like to add to the amendment is to make sure no major damage is done during the moving out process. We are worried the person currently living there is going to trash the place. They are renting it out and they are not happy about moving. They have been nagging about everything. They were told 5 days in advance that the inspector will be coming on this date and this time. Nope. They didn't like it. If you are upset about moving, you could have bought the place. It more than likely would be cheaper than the rent they are currently paying. [/rant]
        Do it. When I was a kid my folks bought a house that was sold because of a divorce. The wife was still there and when it sold first she refused to leave (needed to get her evicted after we bought the house). She made such a mess my parents had to hire a cleaning company to come in and deal with it. If you knew how tight my Dad is with a penny you would realize just how bad it was. It made for some uncomfortable relations with the neighbors. They sided with the wife and we were the enemy. My Dad was also a white collar admin so us kids were pariahs. **

**sucked as a kid but then every one of the kids in the neighborhood ended up in trouble with the law except the kid who dove into a pool drunk and fx his neck, landed in a halo for months.

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

I see two issues.

1) Make sure they don't tear the place up before they leave
          2) Getting them to leave in the first place. You may have to evict them.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Regarding giving out recipes, sometimes I can't because I don't have measurements or know how to explain things. There are family secrets as well. My mom's chex mix recipe doesn't get distributed. We think it's better than what is printed on Chex boxes. Mom usually only makes it for the holidays, and makes batches to give away as Christmas presents.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

I never knew that about recipes. My mom is one of the best cooks I know and people have asked for her recipes many times and she just hands them over. then they make whatever and say they're not as good as hers but that's a different story. I'm not going to push for it, if she doesn't want to share it, fine. I take it as a compliment that people want to use a recipe. I'll also offer up if she wants to make it for me I can pay for the ingredients. Or come up with some other thing to serve.

Comment

Every Wednesday we have Make Your Own Sundae Wednesday in our cafeteria. Today they had strawberry and vanilla ice cream. I don't like strawberry ice cream. Does not make for a tasty hot fudge sundae. I feel the cafeteria is somehow trying to infer that I do not need to have an afternoon hot fudge sundae and instead I should eat the banana at my desk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Every Wednesday we have Make Your Own Sundae Wednesday in our cafeteria. Today they had strawberry and vanilla ice cream. I don't like strawberry ice cream. Does not make for a tasty hot fudge sundae. I feel the cafeteria is somehow trying to infer that I do not need to have an afternoon hot fudge sundae and instead I should eat the banana at my desk.
                  Make a banana split.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Make a banana split.
                    Two things....

1) I do not care for either of the two offered flavors.
                    2) I like fruit. I like ice cream. I do not like fruit with/in/on my ice cream. Weird? Maybe. But it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Two things....

1) I do not care for either of the two offered flavors.
                      2) I like fruit. I like ice cream. I do not like fruit with/in/on my ice cream. Weird? Maybe. But it is what it is.
                      Oh.

Truthfully I'm not a fan of banana splits either. I'm generally not a fan of strawberries in any event. I usually go with a basic chocolate or hot fudge sundae myself. If you give me vanilla ice cream, I'll put enough chocolate syrup or hot fudge on it to suit my needs.

God, that was fun...

Comment

My mom had a family recipe for German potato salad and she was never quite able to explain it correctly to my brothers when they asked her. My one brother cracked the code, so to speak, and will not share it with the other two brothers who want the recipe. He's not the most the adult brother I have.

---------------------------

The following is a real-life office conversation I just had:

Me: Okay, this test system, does it pull data from or push data to [trust account system]?
                        Her: It pushed data to the system. We're updating fields.
                        Me: Do you have a test ID?
                        Her: I have an ID.
                        Me: Is it a test ID?
                        Her: It works.
                        Me: Does it begin with an O or a Q?
                        Her: Yes.
                        Me: [Thinking of all the nasty fallout that could happen to both our clients and us.] What's your ID?
                        Her: x2o.
                        Me: That does not begin with an O.

Just kill me now. This project already has the knife unsheathed.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Oh.

Truthfully I'm not a fan of banana splits either. I'm generally not a fan of strawberries in any event. I usually go with a basic chocolate or hot fudge sundae myself. If you give me vanilla ice cream, I'll put enough chocolate syrup or hot fudge on it to suit my needs.
                          Not weird at all. I also like nuts but don't like nuts in ice cream, e.g. butter pecan.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Oh.

I like fresh, cut strawberries over vanilla, with a nice drizzle of fig balsamic.

But I also like Sanders (pronounced "Sawnders", for the non-Michiganders) hot fudge every once in awhile.

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

We found out that the law is on our side. Per Minnesota law, if they destroy the place we do not have to close and it is the responsibility the renter/owner to fix everything before the new closing date. We were talking to our realtor last night and he told the selling agent to "put a leash on the tenant".
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                Good Evening, Lodge!

We found out that the law is on our side. Per Minnesota law, if they destroy the place we do not have to close and it is the responsibility the renter/owner to fix everything before the new closing date. We were talking to our realtor last night and he told the selling agent to "put a leash on the tenant".
                                That's great if you get possession at closing. If there's any delay between the closing and you taking possession, you still may have an issue.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X