This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Mike rules. And I agree with the "rooting for the bad guy" sentiment. I found that in SOA, also, since there is not ONE redeemable character in that show. They are ALL bad, in some form.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just started season three of Mad Men. Yep, good show.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Just started season three of Mad Men. Yep, good show.
        It starts to pick up the pace a little now.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Wow. Big Little Lies was a great series.

I wish it had more coming.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Finished BB (second viewing) on Saturday doing the last 4 that night.

Dang, forgot how intense the 3rd from the end is. And then they slam on the brakes with the penultimate before the fan service of the ending.

I was pulling for Walt the first time through, but knowing the collateral damage of how it all ends made him tougher to take this time. Still one of the better character arcs of all time. Love how he cops to his real motivation in the end.

Gonna do the second half of last season's Saul to get ready for next week.

Anybody still watching TWD?

I'm so bored with that show and last night was more of the same. Utterly predictable.

I have so much invested that I keep at it, but next season better grab me right away or I'm gone.

Comment

Do any of you guys watch American Experience on PBS? My company is the primary corporate sponsor and as such, we get some cool opportunities like today. Their big film for the year is The Great War, about WW1. We had the producer and one of the historians come into the office today and we saw a 45-minute section. It's going to be a 3-night miniseries starting on April 10th. Fascinating material. I highly recommend you all check it out. I'm not usually one for documentaries, but this one was pretty cool.

Comment

I think everybody assumed Review was going to end with Forrest McNeil dying in some fashion, and in typical Review fashion, they managed to make it even darker. It's a shame the third season only got three episodes, but I'm glad they at least got something to wrap it up properly. Some day that show is going to end up on a streaming site and become a huge hit.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Do any of you guys watch American Experience on PBS? My company is the primary corporate sponsor and as such, we get some cool opportunities like today. Their big film for the year is The Great War, about WW1. We had the producer and one of the historians come into the office today and we saw a 45-minute section. It's going to be a 3-night miniseries starting on April 10th. Fascinating material. I highly recommend you all check it out. I'm not usually one for documentaries, but this one was pretty cool.
                  It's usually hard to go wrong with American Experience, and a multi-parter sounds even better!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Wow. Big Little Lies was a great series.

I wish it had more coming.
                    I enjoyed it as well. I really liked the soundtrack, for some reason.

That said, I don't know that I'd want it to continue. I'm not sure where they would go with it, beyond just turning it into a soap opera with shifting alliances, affairs, etc... Apparently the director isn't keen on the idea, but money usually talks.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Legion episode 7 was fantastic. I've been holding off on episode 8 for a night when I'm not exhausted, because that show takes concentration.

The writer best get an Emmy is what I'm saying. The director deserves one too.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Finished BB (second viewing) on Saturday doing the last 4 that night.

Dang, forgot how intense the 3rd from the end is. And then they slam on the brakes with the penultimate before the fan service of the ending.

I was pulling for Walt the first time through, but knowing the collateral damage of how it all ends made him tougher to take this time. Still one of the better character arcs of all time. Love how he cops to his real motivation in the end.

Gonna do the second half of last season's Saul to get ready for next week.

Anybody still watching TWD?

I'm so bored with that show and last night was more of the same. Utterly predictable.

I have so much invested that I keep at it, but next season better grab me right away or I'm gone.
                        I usually binge TWD at the end of each season so I don't have to deal with the annoying cliffhangers. Most of the time it's really not that enjoyable, but I keep watching hoping something will happen.

I may go back and watch BB soon, or at least the pilot. I started watching the series on Netflix and knew I was in for the long haul after that first scene.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          I enjoyed it as well. I really liked the soundtrack, for some reason.

That said, I don't know that I'd want it to continue. I'm not sure where they would go with it, beyond just turning it into a soap opera with shifting alliances, affairs, etc... Apparently the director isn't keen on the idea, but money usually talks.
                          I'm with you on 100% of what you wrote.

But there's hope. It was a lot of big names and it was based on a book. So the cost would be extremely costly to cast it again and it would require totally original writing. Neither are easy hurdles to overcome.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Legion episode 7 was fantastic. I've been holding off on episode 8 for a night when I'm not exhausted, because that show takes concentration.

The writer best get an Emmy is what I'm saying. The director deserves one too.
                            I've seen them all. 5, 6, and 7 were some of the best episodes of TV I've seen.

I want to say something about the finale but I'll wait.

The writing has been astonishingly good.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I've seen them all. 5, 6, and 7 were some of the best episodes of TV I've seen.

I want to say something about the finale but I'll wait.

The writing has been astonishingly good.
                              Depending on Dr. Mrs. I'll probably see episode 8 tonight and then get with the spoiler text.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The final season of Black Sails was not particularly impressive for the most part, but the last three or four episodes tied it up in a very satisfactory way. We find out how the treasure got to Treasure Island in the first place, and what fate befell Captain Flint(not what you would have expected). The only issue I have is that it's not Ben Gunn who gets marooned on the island for 20 years.

Watching these last few episodes has me wanting to re-read Treasure Island, which I probably haven't read since I was 12 years old.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X