X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Match
    Sorry, but that isn't any less confusing.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Sorry, but that isn't any less confusing.
      You watch video of Geek A play a videogame against Geek B. And they have sports announcers treating it like it's a real sport - or poker.

And shortly after witnessing that a couple years ago is when I really cemented my opinion that it was time to drop cable TV service.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        You watch video of Geek A play a videogame against Geek B. And they have sports announcers treating it like it's a real sport - or poker.

And shortly after witnessing that a couple years ago is when I really cemented my opinion that it was time to drop cable TV service.
        Jesus, that is almost as lame as watching The Bachelor.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Starcraft is practically the national sport of South Korea. Not my thing, but I can see its appeal among those who actually play games from the RTS and MOBA genres.

There are plenty of people out there who think watching people chase after a little black disc while carrying sticks is just as lame. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Starcraft is practically the national sport of South Korea. Not my thing, but I can see its appeal among those who actually play games from the RTS and MOBA genres.

There are plenty of people out there who think watching people chase after a little black disc while carrying sticks is just as lame. Just saying.
            Completely different. I don't like basketball. It's completely lost on me, but I can see the appeal of it to some people. There are highly trained athletes pushing themselves to do things that others can on the court... including the effort of just being taller than your opponent. Videogames are just people sitting down and pushing buttons. Now I really like playing Clash Royale, with its 3- to 4-minute battles between me and another person. it's fun, but it's far from a sport.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Completely different. I don't like basketball. It's completely lost on me, but I can see the appeal of it to some people. There are highly trained athletes pushing themselves to do things that others can on the court... including the effort of just being taller than your opponent. Videogames are just people sitting down and pushing buttons. Now I really like playing Clash Royale, with its 3- to 4-minute battles between me and another person. it's fun, but it's far from a sport.
              I'm not saying it's a sport (The Korea Starcraft line is meant in jest just to illustrate its popularity), but I can understand how some people could enjoy watching the best of the best square off in certain types of games. Twitch.tv seems to be doing fine.

Comment

I'll be 100% honest, I've listened to Twitch while folding clothes or cleaning. Specifically the guy nicknamed Squirrel. His conversational tone is kind of like listening to an oddball NPR. Haven't listened in the last 2-3 months, but I've done it.

Actually watching video games being played by someone else? I just can't do it.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I'll be 100% honest, I've listened to Twitch while folding clothes or cleaning. Specifically the guy nicknamed Squirrel. His conversational tone is kind of like listening to an oddball NPR. Haven't listened in the last 2-3 months, but I've done it.

I can't either, but if twitch was around back when I played Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Quake, etc., I can't say definitively I wouldn't have.

Watching someone play Final Fantasy or Civ? Nope. Watching the top two teams in the world play for the season title in League of Legends? I can understand why others would find it interesting, even if I do not.

Comment

I did that once on YouTube Live - clicked the link not knowing what it was. I stayed on the feed for a little while, but that was more do to the girls that were playing it, how excited they got, and how they were dressed. Because I am the lowest common denominator.

Comment

BTN has started showing league of legends games. Last night I think they were tweeting about Minnesota vs IU or something.

How do certain games become popular enough to get a league in the first place, and then sustain it?
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I've never even heard of any of these games that you guys are talking about.

The extent of my video game experience ends with Madden, NHL, Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto....none newer than about 8 years old.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

well, live broadcast of world championship chess matches draw quite a following.....not much action to see there at all, even when the commentators run through possible ensuing sequences from a given position.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

The LSSC is funny enough thanks to Colbert. The LSSC with Hank Azaria is pure comedy cold.

Comment

Finished up Rectify S4 tonight. Solid ending. Definitely has 2 seasons left at most, if they are smart. SHOULD be 1 season more, and if they "bloat" the episodes a little, it would be understandable. I think the latter would be the best bet, to avoid getting stale.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Also watching Breaking Bad right now.

Started I believe over the holidays when there was a marathon of it going on and have been working through it since on Netflix.

I think we have 4 to go.

It's very interesting to me how my perception of Walt is radically different this time through. The genius (one of many) of the show for me the first time through was that they made me root for the bad guy.

This time? I like Hank.

I don't like what the next episode will bring.

And yes, my favorite show of all time although I really haven't watched too many shows.

GOT is right up there too and looking forward to where that one goes.

Oh yeah and Saul should be great with Freen and others joining the cast. And Mike. More Mike. LOVE Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X