X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    When I was in HS (1980) the "conventional wisdom" was you never drank hard liquor and drove but you could drink 7 or 8 beers at a party and drive home because "beer only gets you buzzed." This was something we absolutely believed.
    Then let me say: thanks MADD.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

****, Chuck...
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Hey American Ninja Warrior started again! Nice.

I had to laugh at the guy from Alaska and the guy from Hawaii training together in Alaska... in Unalakleet... in winter. That's cold. (Also I think it would shock most people how well folks from Hawaii and Alaska get along).
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          ****, Chuck...

Saul finale was good and the season was good overall.

Was a setup season imo for what comes next.

The character acting was great though and McKeon was so, so good in that role. That final scene was freaky disturbing.

Comment

Have to admit though that it took me most of season one to not see him singing, "Working on a sex farm..."

Comment

Our long national nightmare is over: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Paradise.html

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Our long national nightmare is over: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Paradise.html
                Thank God for that.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The last 2 episodes of Veep have been great. I didn't think the show would hold up without the fun insider politics, but I think paradoxically it actually caught a break with Trump winning and the general disgust and sadness surrounding politics. I can't even watch the final season of House of Cards, and I had loved it. But now... it's too depressing. There's no fun when it's happening for real.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The last 2 episodes of Veep have been great. I didn't think the show would hold up without the fun insider politics, but I think paradoxically it actually caught a break with Trump winning and the general disgust and sadness surrounding politics. I can't even watch the final season of House of Cards, and I had loved it. But now... it's too depressing. There's no fun when it's happening for real.
                    It's funny you should say that about Veep. I watched this week's episode last night. There's something about this season that's not sitting well with me. I feel Selena is way meaner than in past seasons. It seems forced and unlike the character we've seen the last five years. The time jump between the last two episodes was too big. Her book was in print where in the previous episode, it wasn't even written. And it's been funny how she acts towards her daughter but this season, it's way too much.

That said, the Richard character is far and away my favorite. He steals pretty much every episode for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      It's funny you should say that about Veep. I watched this week's episode last night. There's something about this season that's not sitting well with me. I feel Selena is way meaner than in past seasons. It seems forced and unlike the character we've seen the last five years. The time jump between the last two episodes was too big. Her book was in print where in the previous episode, it wasn't even written. And it's been funny how she acts towards her daughter but this season, it's way too much.

That said, the Richard character is far and away my favorite. He steals pretty much every episode for me.
                      Gary is also brilliant. Selena was always a b-tch, it's just that much worse when it's deployed against the people in The Crew than it was when it was other pols. Dr. Mrs. & I were talking about how interesting Selena is as a character, and why it works. I like my wife's theory that the actress is so intrinsically likable that you can still have sympathy with Selena even as she is being awful. And of course many of the characters are terrible in their own, very DC, ways.

One of my favorite parts of the show is the 3 second HBO lead-in of her looking into the distance from the presidential desk, just before the episode starts. I think that pose says a million words about how we are all alone, inept, doubting, utterly at sea, just making it up as we go along. It's one of the most resonant images I have ever seen on TV.
                      Cornell University

Comment

The last 2 episodes of Veep have been great.
                        Love that show. Love it.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Gary is also brilliant. Selena was always a b-tch, it's just that much worse when it's deployed against the people in The Crew than it was when it was other pols. Dr. Mrs. & I were talking about how interesting Selena is as a character, and why it works. I like my wife's theory that the actress is so intrinsically likable that you can still have sympathy with Selena even as she is being awful. And of course many of the characters are terrible in their own, very DC, ways.

One of my favorite parts of the show is the 3 second HBO lead-in of her looking into the distance from the presidential desk, just before the episode starts. I think that pose says a million words about how we are all alone, inept, doubting, utterly at sea, just making it up as we go along. It's one of the most resonant images I have ever seen on TV.
                          I honestly wish Gary would die off. The character is a waste of space and stopped being funny 2 seasons ago. Yeah we get it you are a ***** who is in love with Selina and let her destroy you at all costs.

I agree with Scarlet, this season something is off. Maybe it is too much Jonah, or the splitting up of the team...I dunno but the magic is missing.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

DuckTales reboot may be more than just a reboot.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Saul finale was good and the season was good overall.

Was a setup season imo for what comes next.

The character acting was great though and McKeon was so, so good in that role. That final scene was freaky disturbing.
                              Agreed on all counts. And Chuck is smart in that last scene, however disturbing it is. That would prob be ruled an accident.

And what I thought would happen with Kim/Jimmy hasn't...yet. That sorta surprised me.

Finally, good to see Jimmy make right with the ladies. I will give him credit there, although he still did it in his own twisted way.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Shut up and take my money

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3elTVTt_ER4

I missed this clip sump last week. But this clip proves the new show has all of the character that made the old show so good.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X