X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    S.1 of 12 Monkeys started well but stalled. I mean literally, it seemed like they stopped making or releasing episodes about 2/3 of the way through. I lost track and never picked it back up. So much you could do with it if you really went deep into the paradoxes. The original was a fantastic remake of the French "slideshow" Jetee which IMO is overrated.
    I'm really tempted to skip ahead of season 3. There are only 3 episodes that from the summaries look interesting. The origin of the 12 monkeys, the reveal of the witness's identity, and the final battle with the witness. Other than that, the rest of the episodes seem to be setups or wrapping up of side story lines. Not holding my interest too much so far after the first episode or two where we finally kind of understand Titan now.

Comment

This week's Fargo:

I greatly appreciate the scene where Ewan McGregor played two characters where one dies. That's an interesting concept I don't think I've seen before in a drama. But I kind of struggled with it from a production standpoint. It just felt a little forced, sterile, and clunky. If it were executed flawlessly, it could have been a scene to remember. Ultimately, it will be overshadowed by even the A/C scene.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hasan Minhaj's Netflix special is amazing.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Brockmire might have one of the all-time funniest opening scenes ever. Jeebus.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Brockmire might have one of the all-time funniest opening scenes ever. Jeebus.
            I still double over in laughter at that scene we watched at Worthless'.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

House Of Cards:

That was one HELL of a first ep of the new season. Dis gon' be gud.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Being the good father I am, I watched with my daughter some Disney Channel she wanted to see (I know, it's shocking to hear of a parent keeping tabs on what their kid is watching). I watched Star Vs The Forces of Evil, animated show about a girl with a magic wand that is sent to live with a family on earth. It's *ing weird, funny but *ing weird. Also watched Disney's new hyped up show Andi Mack. Basically, girl turns 13, finds out her older sister is actually her mother and her mom and dad are actually her grandparents, plus you know, boys, junior high, friends etc. Essentially feels like a real stretched out Degrassi episode.

Basically, I learned being a good father is a terrible job. I probably won't watch much with her.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The new Sarah Silverman special on Netflix is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Being the good father I am, I watched with my daughter some Disney Channel she wanted to see (I know, it's shocking to hear of a parent keeping tabs on what their kid is watching). I watched Star Vs The Forces of Evil, animated show about a girl with a magic wand that is sent to live with a family on earth. It's *ing weird, funny but *ing weird. Also watched Disney's new hyped up show Andi Mack. Basically, girl turns 13, finds out her older sister is actually her mother and her mom and dad are actually her grandparents, plus you know, boys, junior high, friends etc. Essentially feels like a real stretched out Degrassi episode.

Basically, I learned being a good father is a terrible job. I probably won't watch much with her.
                    The story in bold happened to Bobby Darin, Eric Clapton, and Jack Nicholson. Teenage pregnancy was a way of life for the greatest Generation. They just pushed it off on Mom.

Dr. Mrs. went to an Avril Lavigne show with our daughter when she was 12. She brought ear plugs and a Kindle.

Anyway, before they're 15 you can watch your daughters' shows completely baked and they'll never notice.

After 15, if you've done your job right they'll be watching stuff that you can tolerate or better still they'll be out of the house individuating and not want to hang out with you again until they're 25.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2017, 02:20 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Still trying to process the season finale of The Americans and I may have to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Still trying to process the season finale of The Americans and I may have to watch it again.
                        Glad I held off today. Kinda overloaded with wandering around town, and I know this show demands full attention. Cannot wait to see it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Glad I held off today. Kinda overloaded with wandering around town, and I know this show demands full attention. Cannot wait to see it.....
                          It's a fairly t subtle and subdued episode. Nothing shocking or in your face, no grest mysteries to de-scramble, but just a wonderfully crafted 40 minutes of reflection, dialogue and character development.

Comment

6 minutes in...

Frank Mutha F-cking Underwood!

He's so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              It's a fairly t subtle and subdued episode. Nothing shocking or in your face, no grest mysteries to de-scramble, but just a wonderfully crafted 40 minutes of reflection, dialogue and character development.
                              And I want to appreciate every word of it.

Gurt: ain't he, though?

Comment

What happened to everyone in 'House,' according to everyone in House. Neat oral history of the show.

http://www.gq.com/story/house-oral-history

That's one show I want to binge watch all over again.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X