This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Oh my god. The TSA story was a three-minute masterpiece.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I watched but was still a little shellshocked over twin peaks

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Oh sweet jeebus. The "1,000s of Muslims celebrating in New Jersey" line by Oliver was one of the best of the series.
        Yes.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Disappointed ABC Cancelled "The Catch" after two seasons. What a fun show. Apparently CBS is bringing back Elementary so that's good. A lot of shows ending is going to free up my time for Iron Fist and Twin Peaks.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            PENGUINS!!

(best episode of the year...and top 3-4 all time)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I just started watching 13 Reasons Why over this past weekend, and four episodes into it now. It's a very interesting concept, though perhaps a bit too sobering for some. The three main characters - Hannah, Clay, and Antonio are all played very well. In fact, there are only a couple performances that I'd consider questionable so far.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                PENGUINS!!

(best episode of the year...and top 3-4 all time)
                It really was. I'm pretty sure I woke up my roommate with my boisterous laughing. I just couldn't help myself.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I've watched all of the first four episodes of twin peaks now.

I like it, but it's pure Lynch horror 100%. Feels like Lost Highway, mulholland Drive and eraserhead mixed with a little Fargo. Episode three was a total mind ****. Much more like Fire Walk With me than the original series. So far not as much quirky humor.

Some of the old characters are back, not all yet. I'm pretty excited for the next 14 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Disappointed ABC Cancelled "The Catch" after two seasons. What a fun show. Apparently CBS is bringing back Elementary so that's good. A lot of shows ending is going to free up my time for Iron Fist and Twin Peaks.
                    Totally agree about The Catch. Loved that show and sorry to see it go. I think they could have made another whole season about Ben vs. Reese. Would have been good.

Here's some thoughts on a few others too...

Blindspot seemed to get wrapped up into a neat little package. Then the last scene. Um... okay. Really had to search for a cliff hanger I guess and this was the best you could do? I don't know. Maybe something exploding would have been better.

Riverdale is a surprising one for me. Maybe it's just because I like the concept of the characters from the comic being in those types of situations. Seems cool. But the whole thriller aspect of it was fun and looks to continue into season 2.

I don't care what people think but I liked Powerless and wish they could have at least finished off the season. Ron Funches can do no wrong on TV. Yes it was kind of lame sometimes, but overall I thought it was decent. So I wonder if the last episodes are going to be streamed somewhere without having to buy a boxed set or something. I'd like to see a couple more.

Finally is anyone watching 12 Monkeys on SyFy? I've been hanging on the past seasons. Weird show but the only reason I stuck with it was because I liked the movie. Too bad the show had very little, if anything to do with the movie other than time travel. All 10 episodes of season 3 were released last weekend, which I assume is going to be the last. I've got a few in, and it's a little tough to follow but I think I got what's going on. I have a hunch the ending is going to be pretty lame so just have to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Riverdale is a surprising one for me. Maybe it's just because I like the concept of the characters from the comic being in those types of situations. Seems cool. But the whole thriller aspect of it was fun and looks to continue into season 2.
                      I agree they have done more with this than I expected. They seem to have broken the Joss Whedon Memorial quick-quirky-snap-chat dialog fad which was great in Buffy and Angel, had grown moss by Firefly, and has been an utter bane on TV for the rest of this decade (see Sleepy Hollow for how it can bog down what was a good idea, and Vampire Diaries for how it can make a bad idea even worse).

There is enough humor, and enough strangeness, to elicit a real connection with the characters, which when you consider the source is highly implausible. But so help me I care what happens to, in descending order, Betty, Jughead, Jelly Bean (who we have never seen), Molly Ringwald, Ronnie, Cheryl, Luke Perry, every other character, and finally Archie. No, seriously, f-ck that guy.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Finally is anyone watching 12 Monkeys on SyFy? I've been hanging on the past seasons. Weird show but the only reason I stuck with it was because I liked the movie. Too bad the show had very little, if anything to do with the movie other than time travel. All 10 episodes of season 3 were released last weekend, which I assume is going to be the last. I've got a few in, and it's a little tough to follow but I think I got what's going on. I have a hunch the ending is going to be pretty lame so just have to see.
                        I haven't had time to watch the current season yet. I've really enjoyed it so far...I think the weekend dump of a full season is good with the way people watch now...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          I haven't had time to watch the current season yet. I've really enjoyed it so far...I think the weekend dump of a full season is good with the way people watch now...
                          S.1 of 12 Monkeys started well but stalled. I mean literally, it seemed like they stopped making or releasing episodes about 2/3 of the way through. I lost track and never picked it back up. So much you could do with it if you really went deep into the paradoxes. The original was a fantastic remake of the French "slideshow" Jetee which IMO is overrated.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Better Call Saul:

Oh, that's a payoff. May not seem like it, but if you realllllly look at it......
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Newest GoT trailer is out. It looks epic.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Doubly so!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X