X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I've never seen Fargo, but the teasers they kept airing during the Americans looked good
    I highly recommend season 1.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Feud: Bette and Joan on FX was fantastic. Loved every minute of it. Two great actresses (Sarandon and Lange) playing the parts of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford as they come together to work on, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Great TV.

I think there is 7 episodes left to go.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Feud: Bette and Joan on FX was fantastic. Loved every minute of it. Two great actresses (Sarandon and Lange) playing the parts of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford as they come together to work on, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. Great TV.

I think there is 7 episodes left to go.
        I concur.

Sarandon was amazing. She really stole the show. Davis would have been pleased. :-)

Nice to see Don Draper's daughter getting work.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The break rooms in my office all have TVs mounted on the walls. They're supposed to be tuned into CNBC or a general news station, but inevitably someone tunes them into HGTV or the Food Network. And they're always muted. Whatever station was playing when I strolled through the room about 60 minutes ago had perhaps the best start to a subtitle ever, "[Australian Accent]." I then read the next few sentences with an Australian accent.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Let me know your thoughts on Feud. I'm curious.
            Blitzed through Emerald City(liked it) and watched the first episode Feud tonight. As stated previously in this thread it was really good. Strange that I didn't recognize Jessica Lange until I noticed her eyes. Ironic huh? Enjoyed the soundtrack. Tucci was a hoot as Jack Warner. Alfred Molina as Robert Aldrich was done well.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I'm rewatching ducktales. It surprisingly stands up to time quite well.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Netflix has (had?) Animaniacs on streaming. While the actual CONTENT is only about 20 minutes per ep (have to FF through 10 minutes of intros and credits), the show still is excellent.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Animaniacs was awful when I tried to rewatch it. Just awful.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Animaniacs was awful when I tried to rewatch it. Just awful.
                    Well, you're a heathen, then.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Where are you rewatching duck tales?
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

You can get most of the dvds on amazon. But here's the link I've been using.

http://watchcartoonsonline.eu/watch/...ont-give-ship/
                        Code:

Comment

The Ducktales video game has held up as well, they even did a Remastered Edition a few years ago.

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers holds up well too IMO. Haven't tried Tale Spin or Darkwing Duck though.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

What the duck is a Ducktale?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              The Ducktales video game has held up as well, they even did a Remastered Edition a few years ago.
                              It had awesome music for an NES game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                What the duck is a Ducktale?
                                Disney cartoon, featuring Scrooge McDuck and his great nephews - Donald's nephews from the old Disney shorts. It originally aired during the late 80s or early 90s.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X