This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

Season 1 is great...I stopped season 2 after like 4 episodes because it is awful. I didnt even watch the movie because no I know liked it. I plan to try again before the revival happens...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Season 1 is great...I stopped season 2 after like 4 episodes because it is awful. I didnt even watch the movie because no I know liked it. I plan to try again before the revival happens...
      Exactly. Season 1 was amazing, first 5-6 episodes of season 2 were great, then a giant pile of crap up til the finale. Some call the hour long finale Lynch's greatest work, I'm not quite there.
      I'm so ready for next Sunday!!!

Comment

I've seen all 30 original episodes. I don't recall hating S2 as much as some do, though I'll agree it wanders a bit aimlessly after Lynch was forced to reveal the killer, and thus he lost interest in overseeing the show. I kinda felt like if I were to watch again, I'd just fast-forward through anything involving Donna and James. Things like Ben and Nadine losing their minds are comedy relief to me, and part of the "weirdness" of Twin Peaks, but I can see why some people wouldn't like those arcs. The show started to fix itself somewhere around Ep. 25, but it was too late at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I've seen all 30 original episodes. I don't recall hating S2 as much as some do, though I'll agree it wanders a bit aimlessly after Lynch was forced to reveal the killer, and thus he lost interest in overseeing the show. I kinda felt like if I were to watch again, I'd just fast-forward through anything involving Donna and James. Things like Ben and Nadine losing their minds are comedy relief to me, and part of the "weirdness" of Twin Peaks, but I can see why some people wouldn't like those arcs. The show started to fix itself somewhere around Ep. 25, but it was too late at that point.
          You're spot on. It did start to recover the last 5 or so.

Nadine and Bens story lines were hilarious. Donna and James was terrible. Also not a huge fan of windham Earle.

Really happy David Duchobvy is back for the new series. Notable people who aren't: Heather Graham, Michael Ontkean.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            You're spot on. It did start to recover the last 5 or so.

Nadine and Bens story lines were hilarious. Donna and James was terrible. Also not a huge fan of windham Earle.

Really happy David Duchobvy is back for the new series. Notable people who aren't: Heather Graham, Michael Ontkean.
            Pretty sure we won't be seeing Piper Laurie as Catherine either, which is a shame, but she is 85.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Pretty sure we won't be seeing Piper Laurie as Catherine either, which is a shame, but she is 85.
              I'm really glad Miguel ferrer was able to film before he passed. I LOVE Albert

Comment

Is this all twin peaks talk? I'll be honest, I had never really heard of it before this week.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Is this all twin peaks talk? I'll be honest, I had never really heard of it before this week.
                  A few years ago on a trip to Seattle, I went up to Snoqualmie Falls on a scenic drive. After I came home from the trip, I learned they were used in the title card sequence for this show that I'd heard mentioned in passing, but never seriously looked into. So that's when I watched the old run on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    haha when Maher said, "Dove: Great Personality" I lost my s**t.
                    The best line of the show wasn't even a joke. One of the panelists said "Trump is a low information voter who became President."
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Back in the mid- to late-80s it was a huge hit, almost like Game of Thrones is these days. Only the subject matter was entirely different. I was never allowed to watch it as a kid, and I've not yet taken the time to watch it as an adult.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Back in the mid- to late-80s it was a huge hit, almost like Game of Thrones is these days. Only the subject matter was entirely different. I was never allowed to watch it as a kid, and I've not yet taken the time to watch it as an adult.
                        I was allowed to watch as a kid. Such a great, weird series

Comment

It was the original "cult" TV show. As the big hair/big hat soaps and cheesy police procedurals of the 80s were winding down and the 90s started, Twin Peaks was sort of a mix (at times, a spoof) of those genres, but much more blue-collar in setting, and with elements of comedy, horror, and "what's lurking out there in the forest" weirdness.

So you know...David Lynch's mind in a nutshell.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            You should watch. Season one is amazing. There's a character who carries around a log and says it talks to her.
                            Also has David duchovy as a cross dressing special agent.
                            The fact lynch is doing this on showtime is pretty exciting.
                            Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-14-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Then watch the Psych episode Twin Spires which has a bunch of the cast and is one long love letter/homage to Twin Peaks.

Personally besides Log Lady I always liked the woman who hated that blinds were so loud! Plus Ray Wise rules! LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURA!!!!!!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Then watch the Psych episode Twin Spires which has a bunch of the cast and is one long love letter/homage to Twin Peaks.

Personally besides Log Lady I always liked the woman who hated that blinds were so loud! Plus Ray Wise rules! LAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURA!!!!!!
                                Nadine and her silent drape runners!!

Comment

Working...
                                X