This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: The Golden Era Reborn

I just about ****ed myself laughing when John Oliver pulled out the giant mug. One of the better shows this year.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I just about ****ed myself laughing when John Oliver pulled out the giant mug. One of the better shows this year.
      That was hilarious...as was his appealing to the Reddit and 4chan trolls to help him save Net Neutrality
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The graveyard earthquake line was particularly good. I had never heard that one before.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

USA announces "Psych: The Movie," coming later this year in December.

Lassiter: Hey, we found prints.
          Shawn: Was he in a little red corvette?
          Gus: Under the cherry moon?
          Lassiter: FINGER prints!
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            USA announces "Psych: The Movie," coming later this year in December.

Lassiter: Hey, we found prints.
            Shawn: Was he in a little red corvette?
            Gus: Under the cherry moon?
            Lassiter: FINGER prints!
            Jules: Somebody named Kenneth Loggins
            Gus: Kenny Loggins is in jail?
            Shawn: The composer of House in Pooh Corner and This is It has fallen in hard times?
            Jules: No, not that Kenny Loggins

Henry: Kenny Loggins was in the next cell? Was Jim Messina in there with him?
            Shawn: Who is Jim Messina?
            Gus: A different Kenny Loggins

Shawn Spencer: Good morning, detectives! Collecting donations for the Policeman's Ball?
            Carlton Lassiter: We don't have balls.
            Shawn Spencer: I honestly have no response for that.
            Carlton Lassiter: Need I remind you, Mr. Spencer, what happens when you interfere with a police investigation?
            Shawn Spencer: Uhhh... The case gets solved?

Karen Vick: It goes without saying, Mr. Spencer, that your father is in no way to participate in this investigation. He's no longer on the force, and his meddling could compromise the case in court. Do I make myself clear?
            Shawn Spencer: Yes, you do, Chief. What isn't clear is why people always say "goes without saying," yet still feel compelled to say the thing that was supposed to go without saying. Doesn't that bother you?
            Karen Vick: No, and frankly, I could care less.
            Burton 'Gus' Guster: Now, that's the one that bothers me. Why do people say, 'I could care less' when they really mean, 'I couldn't care less?'
            Karen Vick: Well, why don't you tell me how to properly say this? If you share any official information about this case with your father, or let him anywhere near any new evidence, then the two of you will have to find another police department to work for, and I will personally see to it that each of you is charged with obstruction of justice.
            Burton 'Gus' Guster: You split an infinitive.
            Shawn Spencer: Good catch, Gus!
            Karen Vick: You two realize I carry a gun, right?
            Burton 'Gus' Guster: That was perfectly elocuted.

Shawn Spencer: Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Burton 'Gus' Guster: Great. Now you've gotten me kicked out of a funeral. Just add it to the list. Kicked out of Petsmart, kicked out of Santa's Village, kicked out of the Salvation Army...
            Shawn Spencer: Dishonorably discharged!

Burton 'Gus' Guster: I can't spend the night in the museum. I don't have my toothbrush, I don't have my multi-vitamins, and oh yeah, I don't want my soul suffering eternal ****ation for disrupting the sleep of an Egyptian canal digger.

Psych is one of my all time favorite shows so to say I am juiced would be an understatement! I loved when they would find ways to make fun of The Mentalist for ripping them off
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Jules: Somebody named Kenneth Loggins
              Gus: Kenny Loggins is in jail?
              Shawn: The composer of House in Pooh Corner and This is It has fallen in hard times?
              Jules: No, not that Kenny Loggins

Henry: Kenny Loggins was in the next cell? Was Jim Messina in there with him?
              Shawn: Who is Jim Messina?
              Gus: A different Kenny Loggins

Shawn Spencer: Good morning, detectives! Collecting donations for the Policeman's Ball?
              Carlton Lassiter: We don't have balls.
              Shawn Spencer: I honestly have no response for that.
              Carlton Lassiter: Need I remind you, Mr. Spencer, what happens when you interfere with a police investigation?
              Shawn Spencer: Uhhh... The case gets solved?

Karen Vick: It goes without saying, Mr. Spencer, that your father is in no way to participate in this investigation. He's no longer on the force, and his meddling could compromise the case in court. Do I make myself clear?
              Shawn Spencer: Yes, you do, Chief. What isn't clear is why people always say "goes without saying," yet still feel compelled to say the thing that was supposed to go without saying. Doesn't that bother you?
              Karen Vick: No, and frankly, I could care less.
              Burton 'Gus' Guster: Now, that's the one that bothers me. Why do people say, 'I could care less' when they really mean, 'I couldn't care less?'
              Karen Vick: Well, why don't you tell me how to properly say this? If you share any official information about this case with your father, or let him anywhere near any new evidence, then the two of you will have to find another police department to work for, and I will personally see to it that each of you is charged with obstruction of justice.
              Burton 'Gus' Guster: You split an infinitive.
              Shawn Spencer: Good catch, Gus!
              Karen Vick: You two realize I carry a gun, right?
              Burton 'Gus' Guster: That was perfectly elocuted.

Shawn Spencer: Oh, you mean my pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border. I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

Burton 'Gus' Guster: Great. Now you've gotten me kicked out of a funeral. Just add it to the list. Kicked out of Petsmart, kicked out of Santa's Village, kicked out of the Salvation Army...
              Shawn Spencer: Dishonorably discharged!

Burton 'Gus' Guster: I can't spend the night in the museum. I don't have my toothbrush, I don't have my multi-vitamins, and oh yeah, I don't want my soul suffering eternal ****ation for disrupting the sleep of an Egyptian canal digger.

Psych is one of my all time favorite shows so to say I am juiced would be an understatement! I loved when they would find ways to make fun of The Mentalist for ripping them off
              Shawn at the gun range: SCREW YOU ANGRY BIRDS! WOLVERINES!

Also, I didn't start the show at the beginning, and I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or Hulu, so I'm going to buy all the seasons. When I did start watching, it was one of the few shows my mom and I agreed on.
              Last edited by MissThundercat; 05-09-2017, 11:59 AM.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Shawn at the gun range: SCREW YOU ANGRY BIRDS! WOLVERINES!

Also, I didn't start the show at the beginning, and I'm not sure if it's on Netflix or Hulu, so I'm going to buy all the seasons. When I did start watching, it was one of the few shows my mom and I agreed on.
                It was on Netflix until last year (and they had a Facebook campaign to keep it there) but it was pulled. 90% sure it isnt on Hulu either. I watched it from the premiere and still get weepy that it is over. The commercials they had with Monk were hilarious as were the Dead Zone ones
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Daily Show reunion last night on Colbert's The Late Show was ****ing fantastic.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    The Daily Show reunion last night on Colbert's The Late Show was ****ing fantastic.
                    Was it John Stewart again? He has shown up quite a bit.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      John Oliver as Steve Carrell. Beautiful.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 05-10-2017, 11:52 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Was it John Stewart again? He has shown up quite a bit.
                        Nope. It was the whole gang. Bee, Oliver, Colbert, Stewart, Ed Helms, and Rob Corddry
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Fargo is going to give Legion a run for its money this year as best show on FX. The opening scene tonight was brilliant. I'm sure it's been done a million times, but it was done so **** well.
                          Code:

Comment

Last Man Standing is getting the can, despite high ratings. Political, maybe? https://www.infowars.com/abc-cancels...ti-trump-left/

Comment

That would be true, if the ratings werent going down...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Or it's because ABC was paying 20th Century Fox for the licensing fee and Tim Allen asks for $Texas as his salary.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X